Hacking Circle Pad patches for Super Mario 64 DS and other games (in TwilightMenu with TWPatcher and RTCom)

Typhonite

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Does this work with DS Forwarders like YANBF?

Sorry if someone already asked but I tried to search and couldn't find this question or an answer.

I think I set up everything right but when I try executing games that are CPad patched (enabled previously on Twilight Menu and working) through forwarders they simply don't load, it gets stuck in white screen.

STJebus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Sorry if someone already asked but I tried to search and couldn't find this question or an answer.

I think I set up everything right but when I try executing games that are CPad patched (enabled previously on Twilight Menu and working) through forwarders they simply don't load, it gets stuck in white screen.
  • Games that don't support widescreen (or just mods for games that otherwise support widescreen) may need a separately patched TwlBg. Make two TwlBg versions in TWPatcher, one with widescreen and one without (both should have RTCom). Put the one with widescreen in "_nds/TWiLightMenu/TwlBg/" and rename it to "Widescreen.cxi" (or whatever the official guides say to enable widescreen). Leave the one without widescreen in "/luma/sysmodules" as "TwlBg.cxi". That way, TwilightMenu should swap them when a game has widescreen support and 16:10 mode is set, and not touch them otherwise.

Typhonite

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey thanks for the quick response!

I tried that, but got some new problems. Though forwarders are now loading with CPad patch enabled, and not stuck at white screen anymore, they take a lot longer to load, it looks like it freezes the system when I click the forwarded game for ~2min (though music from theme continues playing the system goes unresponsive) to then go on with normal game loading, but the games I set up widescreen ratio on TwilightMenu to test (Metroid Prime Hunters, TLOZ: Phantom Hourglass) start up in 4:3, do you know a way around this?

shoco

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I hope the Picture sheds some light on the I2C situation. Are the bus IDs also in there? If not I can test a 3rd version of the TestGyro to get these in case they aren't. I typed the code below to make it easier to copy. It seems to be identical to your example.
The bus ids are the numbers before ":" (0, 1, or 2). The table looks absolutely fine.
As I already said you have the third (and the last) kind of gyros where (unlike the other two) the axis X and Y should be swapped and the latter one inverted. At least, that's what I understood from the "rehid" code. Maybe it's not entirely true, I don't know. Either way, here is a version of the mod that should work for your gyro (I've just hardcoded that change). If it won't work properly, then probably this is it, I can't do anything else.

All zeros, I'm afraid:
That's weird, as always. I think it will be a lot easier if you just send me your TwlBg. If you are fine with this idea then this is how you can get it: open TWPatcher, press Y+B, disable all check boxes, especially "rtcom" (you'll need to tick the last checkbox), press B, select the filter "Nintendo default", press Start to generate the TwlBg. Then finally take it from the usual place "/luma/sysmodules/TwlBg.cxi" and send it to me in a private conversation; or chat, or whatever it's called on this website. Basically, don't share it publically, etc.

Personally, never used them. And I don't remember anyone mentioning in this thread that it would work with the forwarders, so maybe they really don't. As for the widescreen issues, you may find it useful

Attachments

• metroid_inverted_gyro.zip
    30 KB · Views: 1

Ninja-Eule

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The bus ids are the numbers before ":" (0, 1, or 2). The table looks absolutely fine.
As I already said you have the third (and the last) kind of gyros where (unlike the other two) the axis X and Y should be swapped and the latter one inverted. At least, that's what I understood from the "rehid" code. Maybe it's not entirely true, I don't know. Either way, here is a version of the mod that should work for your gyro (I've just hardcoded that change). If it won't work properly, then probably this is it, I can't do anything else.
Yeah, I got that from the original message. I expected it to behave weirdly with the old 3DS mod. I just wanted to tell you the exact behavior in case Metroid treats the gyro inputs differently than the test file you sent.
Everything works perfectly now, thanks again for all the work that you did.
I hope that you can fix emcintosh gyro as well.
@emcintosh Does it work in 3DS games? If so then maybe there is something wrong with Twilight Menu. Have you tried reinstalling it?

Reactions: shoco

Typhonite

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
From my latest tests, the CPad patch do work with fowarded NDS games, but makes the 1st loads way slower. After the 1st or 2nd game taking way more time, it will load normally and work as intended (tested 2 games, I'm not sure if it happens only on the 1st time you play a game patched, or if everytime the system is reset though).

Now I'm having some trouble with Widescreen, it seems either I have some setup done wrong or it doesn't work with forwarders, but I'll double check all of the steps on the troubleshooting from the link you sent, thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    hunter x hunter
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    he has not allowed anyone to continue it for him for example
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, theres a dragon ball af mod for budokai 3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might download rayman revolution for my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right ram
    for it tho. Edit- no it uses floppy Ram, just like @AncientBoi
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aeiou
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And sometimes Z
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
    NinStar @ NinStar: people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious