Flash a Hitachi Drive on a Old Xbox 360

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is your xbox360 a PAL system? If you are in the USA, it is most likely a NTSC system, not PAL, and you should only be using NTSC games for it.

Mimikyu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is your xbox360 a PAL system? If you are in the USA, it is most likely a NTSC system, not PAL, and you should only be using NTSC games for it.
It's a PAL console, got it from an old friend of mine
Post automatically merged:

Can someone help me? 😅 It's an odd error and shouldn't happen as far as I read.

Is it important to use Verbatim DVDs? I read a lot that those DVDs are better. Is Phillips also okay?

Shoud i reflash my drive again? Even tho it got flashed successfully?

Last edited by Mimikyu,
Reactions: BigOnYa

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Always get quality DVD media.
Verbatim is the golden standard.

You will have to patch all your ISOs and you will have to burn XGD3 games with a burner that is compatible with the Burner Max Payload tool.

Regarding region, most 360 games are Region free, ABGX can check this for you.
Try and get your games in the region that the console was released in, you can try RF or other region games but your mileage may vary.

Mimikyu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Always get quality DVD media.
Verbatim is the golden standard.

You will have to patch all your ISOs and you will have to burn XGD3 games with a burner that is compatible with the Burner Max Payload tool.

Regarding region, most 360 games are Region free, ABGX can check this for you.
Try and get your games in the region that the console was released in, you can try RF or other region games but your mileage may vary.
So Phillips DVDs are no good?

I checked th game and dvd with ABGX but there was nothing wrong. Sonic Unleashed is a XGD2 Game, how can i burn a XGD3 game then? Also isn't ABGX patching the game already? How can I do that?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
So Phillips DVDs are no good?

I checked th game and dvd with ABGX but there was nothing wrong. Sonic Unleashed is a XGD2 Game, how can i burn a XGD3 game then? Also isn't ABGX patching the game already? How can I do that?

Your mileage may vary.

Burned it at 2.4x speed?
ABGX auto patches a game if it needs to, if it doesn't do that, it either doesn't need patching or is patched.
Burn XGD2 and XGD3 with IMGBurn.
Tutorial on how to patch with ABGX... I have written a very detailed tut on GBAtemp, a little google work will help you find the results you need.

Mimikyu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Burning games is as easy as selecting the dvd file in IMGburn, and hitting burn on 2.4x speed.
Yep, did that. Not to sound rude, if it was easy as you say i wouldn't be here again 🤣

Your mileage may vary.

Burned it at 2.4x speed?
ABGX auto patches a game if it needs to, if it doesn't do that, it either doesn't need patching or is patched.
Burn XGD2 and XGD3 with IMGBurn.
Tutorial on how to patch with ABGX... I have written a very detailed tut on GBAtemp, a little google work will help you find the results you need.
Sooooooo.... I just burned two Dvds on different PCs and burners and they also don't work. I used your guide with the same options etc. I'll flash the drive again maybe it'll change I don't know. But it's not my burner or pc or dvds, as far as I know everything is alright as far as the Programs say...

Last edited by Mimikyu,

Mimikyu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
No reflashing doesn't work either...
I just have Phillips Dvd+R DL, also used Intenso ones. Nothing

Attachments

• 17151879825524730846479191029965.jpg
    17151879825524730846479191029965.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 3
  • 1715188142666401121748703145311.jpg
    1715188142666401121748703145311.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 1

Mimikyu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
View attachment 435997
I definitely recommend using Verbatim, best media for Xbox 360 burning.
Well yeh thx, but in case the disc drive has an issue I would buy new dvds for nothing... It's kinda waste of money... I'll see maybe I still have one of those disks if not I don't know what else to do than buying I guess...

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well yeh thx, but in case the disc drive has an issue I would buy new dvds for nothing... It's kinda waste of money... I'll see maybe I still have one of those disks if not I don't know what else to do than buying I guess...
See if the drive reads and plays a real DVD game, if so, then drive is ok and most likely its the media, or burn settings.

Mimikyu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Real DVD game? Like an original 360 game?
Settings or burner can't be the issue In my case, as far as I know, like already said, I check everything 🥲

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Real DVD game? Like an original 360 game?
Settings or burner can't be In my case, like already said, I check everything 🥲
Yea like a real game disc. I remember in the past trying different brand media and having troubles also. Verbatim was the one media that always worked. Another option is RGH modding it, but that would require some soldering of a few wires to the motherboard. But after you RGH it, no more burning disc, games are on a usb external hdd. Good luck.

Reactions: Mimikyu

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    QuarterCut @ QuarterCut: my reaction to such information +1