Hardware Homebrew Is there a way to move pokemon from gen 4 to gen 5 and beyond while preserving their met dates?

TheMismatcher

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have completely full boxes in HGSS, and many boxes of pokemon in my other gen 4 games. I would love to move the pokemon all the way up eventually into Pokemon Home via Pokemon Bank, but really dislike how the met date is changed to the date of transfer to gen 5 from gen iv upon using poke transporter within gen 5. Even using PKSM, the date changes to the date you moved the pokemon from PKSM into Gen V. Similarly, the met date is changed upon using Pokemon Chest.

Is there another tool or way to bring the Pokemon up while keeping the met dates? Or is my best bet to change the date on my 3ds to the date of capture of the mon, then move with poke transporter or PKSM? Which is doable, but takes a very long time.

I can also manually edit caught dates in Pokemon Chest, but could that cause any legality issues? Keeping the legality flags is important to me as well. And again, this process is time consuming when I have a completely full PC.'

Was wondering if there was a better or faster way.

Materia_tofu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My suggestion is to keep your 3ds at the current date and edit the dates of the Pokemon to you see fit
iirc it should be fine as long as the met date and the game origin along with met location & PID are all good
in regards to the first 3 checks i mentioned a example of it being an obvious no no is:
"Torchic lvl 5
Met date: 1999
Met Location: Cerulean City
Game origin: Leaf Green"
This might not be the best answer for you but it's an example of just how annoying editing Pokemon can be
but afaik, no changing the date to be within reason should not affect legality unless it's an event mon if you really wanna be careful with this i suggest doing this on PKHEX as I've had inconsistent results when checking a mons legality through PKSM, idk about PKSM but you can always backup your Pokemon with PKHEX by exporting the .pk3 file of said Pokemon of choice, i hope this helps!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Stepcroc, I'm stuck.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Those are monitor lizards you dunce.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I'm funny. lol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Eggs and roasted potatoes came out good
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching the first omen and so far it's not the priest doing the scaring
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Shouldn't the kid be the scary one?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The second omen: the chior boy gets his revenge
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Reverse exorcist: it's when you hire a demon to remove the priest out of a small child.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hire Kendrick Drake possessed a minor again
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, I'd run away from his singing too.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wonder if Drakes still allowed to use his Instagram
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds like everyone has some great imaginary friends
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Yeah, that was insane.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Don't know what Drake was even thinking.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What every rich scumbag thinks that they can put their dick on anything and get away with it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I better hide my silicone Tifa doll
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What did Drake do, exactly? I don't follow celeb gossip.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Supposed accusations that Drake groomed a minor.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Allegedly groomed a 17 year old Instagram model or something along those lines
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Yep, something like that.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1MJtV0UPI8