SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
It's funny that you responded when you did. I was just working on a resolution. I've been modifying the brylt with HxD since neither Benzin nor Wii Layout Editor have been particularly cooperative. So far I've managed to find the width parameter for the PFLine material and modify that. My go-to was to roughly double the width of the thing, which fixes the crop issue but either misaligned or distorted the VCLine TPL. My guess is that there's a grouping issue, so I'll need to investigate a bit further.

See below for current status.

View attachment 436219

As an aside, if this is too off-topic for this thread, I'd be happy to make a new one to discuss things in more detail.

ETA:

Yep, it's a grouping issue. Scaling down the PFLine scales the VCLine tpl as well. I'll keep researching and see what I can come up with.

View attachment 436220
i still recommend using Nintendo 64 banner for make the GameCube banner, lol.

Or, you can put "NINTENDO GAMECUBE" instead of just "GAMECUBE" and u don't need to extend the PFLine

Reactions: ShantaeFan123

Mixtape

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The main reason I opted for the SNES banner was because the logo images in the background had the closest aspect ratio to the GameCube logos. When dividing the width of the SNES background logo's TPL by its height, you get a ratio of 3.75. The N64 logo has a ratio of 6.63. The ratio for the GC logo was roughly 4.37, which meant I could pad the top and bottom of the scaled image in GIMP while still making use of as much of the screen area as possible.

Using "NINTENDO GAMECUBE" instead isn't a bad idea. I'll keep that in mind in case I can't find a better option.

--------

Edit, the next day:

After doing quite a bit of research on BRYLT editing, I've managed to resolve the widescreen crop issue.
1715392727184.png

As it turns out, pic1 sections contain additional UV coordinate data after them which specify the boundaries of the picture. Strangely enough, this isn't documented on WiiBrew.org, but the Mario Kart Wii scene seems to have figured it out. In combination with the PFLine material (rather than picture) using clamp wrapping, this allows the entire line to be drawn while using only a single 128 pixel-wide tpl to define the curve. It's an extremely clever space-saving trick, but not particularly intuitive. That made debugging the issue harder than I'd expected.

In the interest of staying on-topic, this will likely be my last post about this project in this thread. I'll likely make a new one sometime this weekend and include the resources that will be useful for FriishProduce there.

Last edited by Mixtape,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Nope.