ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you @ploggy
Btw, do you think yabause emulator could get that green overlay fixed? Thanks
I tried with @Zeox-gamer to get it working but nothing I did made any difference.. It's going to take someone who knows what they are doing lol
It does the same thing on a Wii Core version I compiled too so its likely an Endian issue. We just need someone who can debug and code :P

Jilou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello ^^,

A few news about Yabause, I get 30 fps on average... I have made a video on YouTube in oder to inform more people about Yabause on Wii U HAVE, for the MOMENT, problems but it could be very great (play with the Wii U GamePad controller, more than 2 humains players, no more persistent image)... And maybe (I hope) have help...

Otherwise, I have never tried, is it possible to play online games with Mame ? (Like Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo with Mame FinalBurn Alpha for example).

Reactions: ber71 and depaul

depaul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello ^^,

A few news about Yabause, I get 30 fps on average... I have made a video on YouTube in oder to inform more people about Yabause on Wii U HAVE, for the MOMENT, problems but it could be very great (play with the Wii U GamePad controller, more than 2 humains players, no more persistent image)... And maybe (I hope) have help...

Otherwise, I have never tried, is it possible to play online games with Mame ? (Like Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo with Mame FinalBurn Alpha for example).
Great news!
Sorry but how did you fix that green overlay? (Edit: actually blue color, I have night mode activated)
Thanks

Edit: I just discovered your yt channel @Jilou . But I see that green overlay issue still persists

Last edited by depaul,
Reactions: september796

Zeox-gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Great news!
Sorry but how did you fix that green overlay?
Thanks

Edit: I just discovered your yt channel @Jilou . But I see that green overlay issue still persists

This color error is due to an incompatibility with Big Endian on the Wii u. I tried to find some answers on how to solve this but I'm not able to compile the core on my version of Windows and I also didn't find anyone who could help with why this occurs. yabause wii has colors but when you compile both the core for the wii or for the wii u via retroarch the cores look like this, unfortunately to solve this you will have to wait for someone interested to understand how to solve this and be able to compile

I tried to look for help and someone who could help but I didn't find anything
For me, I would try this emulator, you just need to adjust the core and have a Dynarec one day, in the meantime, the way and still stay on the Yabause Wii with the terrible controls of the Wii lol

Reactions: Garcimak and depaul

vrda

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
For the color/endiannes problem you might want to take a look at changes done by pcsx rearmed team:
https://github.com/pcercuei/RetroArch/commits/xbgr1555/ for Retroarch
https://github.com/pcercuei/pcsx_rearmed/commits/xbgr1555/ for PcsxRearmed
There they use the native pixel format matching the actual data format emulator is generating (16 bit xbgr555). Of course it might be very different with this emulator.

Also, try using my new audio driver for Retroarch - it should give you more time for emulation on the main CPU core. Take a look at the source patches in the attachment, I can also help you with setting it all up.

Attachments

• retroarch_new_wiiu_audio_driver.zip
    41 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: depaul and ber71

Jilou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Great news!
Sorry but how did you fix that green overlay?
Thanks

Yes, the blue color is still here.
For the color/endiannes problem you might want to take a look at changes done by pcsx rearmed team:
There they use the native pixel format matching the actual data format emulator is generating (16 bit xbgr555). Of course it might be very different with this emulator.

Also, try using my new audio driver for Retroarch - it should give you more time for emulation on the main CPU core. Take a look at the source patches in the attachment, I can also help you with setting it all up.
Thank you, i hope this will help . I'll try the audio drivers tonight.

Edit : I spent my night to try improve the sound but I failed :& I'm very awful in informatic :& what should I do with this patch audio please ? Where do I put these files ?
You're welcome if someone wants to try too and shared is experiment !

Last edited by Jilou,
Reactions: depaul and vrda

Zeox-gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

nothing work

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack