Savemii crashing issues in Aroma

dekgear

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Hi, I've been having trouble using SaveMii Wut port v1.5.9. Whenever I choose the option to xopy or restore a game's save data, the console crashes. It only seems to happen in Aroma though, it works fine in Tiramisu.

Wondering if anyone has has this problem, it was working fine before. I'm not sure if it's a problem with the lastest aroma updates or some sort of conflict with a plugin.

qWii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi! Is anyone having problems with SaveMii 1.6.1 and the latest Aroma Beta 20 update? Since updating Aroma, SaveMii freezes every time I press the Home button to exit the application and I have to force restart the Wii U. It Works fine with the previous Aroma version.

NuclearClear

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
Post automatically merged:

Hi! Is anyone having problems with SaveMii 1.6.1 and the latest Aroma Beta 20 update? Since updating Aroma, SaveMii freezes every time I press the Home button to exit the application and I have to force restart the Wii U. It Works fine with the previous Aroma version.
Hi. I have the same problem too. SaveMii 1.6.1 and Aroma Beta 20

qWii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Post automatically merged:

Hi. I have the same problem too. SaveMii 1.6.1 and Aroma Beta 20

Thank you for the confirmation. I have a second Wii U modified with ISFShax where, to my surprise, SaveMii 1.6.1 works fine with Aroma Beta 20! The issue seems to be related with the sofltlock problem described here: https://maschell.github.io/homebrew/2023/04/30/incompatible-homebrews.html.
I was just about to post this issue on the SaveMii release thread, maybe someone has found a solution for the current version of Aroma. Fortunately, it's not a big deal to keep a copy of the previous aroma version just to run the app the few times it is needed!

Reactions: NuclearClear

SDIO

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The problem with SaveMii 1.6.1 only seems to happen with USB storage attached. I couldn't reproduce the problem, so someone with that problem would need to collect the log and maybe we see something there.

qWii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi SDIO, I have performed tests against the two consoles again. I've used the same SDCard with Aroma B20+SaveMii 1.6.1 and the same USB Stick (formatted and with one game installed for each console) in all tests.

In my case, the results are the same wether the USB is plugged or not:

Console 1 - Wii U freezes when I hit Home button to exit SaveMii
Console 2 - With ISFSHax installed in SLC. I can exit SaveMii without problems.

When it works, screen goes purple for a second, and then the Home menu appears. When it freezes, nothing happens, the console halts in the same screen that you were.

I could collect/generate the logs, but I don't know how. Can you give me a link to follow or some guidance to generate them?
EDIT > WiiUCrashLogDumper logs are enough? Last one is from 2024.06.02, so I assume something more is needed.

By the way: it's impressive the work that you have done and the help you have provided with minute & ISFShax. My most sincere respect.

Last edited by qWii,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't care about the square screen it's just nice to hold something you don't have to stretch your arms a foots length
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All these things expecting to be super huge is overrated just run a type c cable to your TV if you want a big display or in my case screen mirror it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    On the go tho I meant, I use my 10" tablet and a Bluetooth controller for retro gaming while sitting on my porch or on long car rides sometimes. Easier on my eyes than the Switch screen.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My point is we already have enough shit with big displays having something pocketable with up to ps2 would be fine on the go
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ken unless the games are made for that screen size most suck on a screen that size... Having a square screen and being brighter and higher res helps but it's not a cure all, text is tiny bullets are tiny, your.... Well lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You can stretch to fit probably it's not all bad that they make it seem to be
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People always yap about oh but you loose pixels but yeah it won't look awful either
    I like filters :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Filters are why you don't go on 2nd dates
    Lol nahhh it's because I usually get what they want on the first date lol
    I swear if I hear "I don't usually do this on the first date" on more time... I am going to start counting
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I bought you McDonald's even tho you lied about your pics I still deserve this
    No no continue, I hear these things women say so often I decided to start counting
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I tried that new Pepsi lime it just taste like pepsi
  • DTApple @ DTApple:
    With lime, right?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just pepsi lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's D-Days 80th anniversary today
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I drink the Coke with lime all the time, in my Spiced rum (Captain Morgans) I hate pepsi
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably better just to jizz a lime squeeze inside it
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    volvic > anything else
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My piss is water
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://computers.woot.com/offers/linksys-dual-band-mesh-wifi-6-router-10?utm_medium=share&utm_so...