Super Mario Advance 4 gets unofficial 3DS port in new proof of concept homebrew release

sdadasddsadsadsadasdasdas.png

Why emulate Super Mario Advance 4, when you can play it natively, on your 3DS? A user named Mythical-Atlas has created a homebrew port of the game to the Nintendo 3DS, which features custom-written code to get all the audio and handling functions working correctly through CTR User Library. Right now, it only contains the first level of Super Mario Bros. 3, but the dev claims that the homebrew has "modular support for multiple different levels". They're also working on other 3DS homebrew projects, and this port will be the basis for them.

:arrow: Source

urbanman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You aren't, but native ports have their own charm. Having the game running natively instead of emulated has its advantages, otherwise decompilations wouldn't be necessary.
A lot of times, I really can't tell the difference from it being emulated compared to native ports of games w/ 2D sprites, and I've never really been nitpicky a/b certain features being offered by a native port vs. an emulated offering or vice versa. As long as there aren't many compromises, performance drops, or quality of life devolutions w/in the emulated offering then I'm game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/wZgjSNb-o4c?si=ajt4Lgq_LTYcXxs2 +1