Indie Games on Aurora won't run.... (still)

Datalogger

Living the Dream
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Q: Has anyone actually nailed down the reason Aurora refuses to launch Indie Games on some Slim/E Consoles?
I'm asking about when the games are loaded properly and can run from the Original Dash and from DashLaunch, but Aurora won't play them on a 17559 Slim with Avatars NOT Greyed.

Post automatically merged:

Problem Solved:
The root cause is due to the way the Dash updates during the RGH mod.
Even though the Avatar's are not greyed out, the Avatar update was not installed correct.

Simple fix:
Uninstall the Update, re-install it from USB and Indie titles now function in Aurora just like they did in everything else.
Tested this on three of my various RGH mod Slims.

Last edited by Datalogger,
  • Love
Reactions: HelplessIdiot

HelplessIdiot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you uninstall the Avatar Update? I can find videos how to install it but not uninstall it :/

So thankful I've found someone with the same issue

HelplessIdiot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should be able to just reinstall the dash/avatar updates from a USB without uninstalling first. It will overwrite the files.
Okay good to know, thank you!! There's no chance of this messing up the xell or whatever is flashed on it right?

I purchased my RGH pre-modded and while I'm familiar with setting up most stuff like emulators/plugins/etc, this update has me feeling extra cautious since that modder has the copy of the original nand and I'm not familar with that process at all. Sorry if it's a dumb question!

HelplessIdiot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very educational, thanks! I didn't know I could dump the nand myself with that app!

To answer the previous question for future googlers: yes, you CAN brick your console if you do the Avatar Update wrong. The video explains it toward the end. Just don't click the wrong dialog box apparently.

But for Avatar update install it really is as simple as just load the folder onto a USB and select "yes" on the right dialog prompt.

You should be able to just reinstall the dash/avatar updates from a USB without uninstalling first. It will overwrite the files.
Looks like it isn't detecting the Avatar Update on USB.

After research I believe it's because the system thinks it is already installed, and it doesn't prompt for already installed updates. The USB is properly formatted and the xbox recognizes the storage (I use it on the system to watch videos often), just no prompt for $$ystemUpdate on the root of the drive; it doesn't prompt from the retail dashboard or FX Menu. Something about the 4GB Corona chip has to be bugged, I think I'm about ready to give up at this point.

Still, I did learn how to reflash/build the NAND if needed and backed it all up, so thank you for that.

FINAL UPDATE: I FIXED IT!!!!

You do need to uninstall the Avatar Update first, otherwise the prompt will not display to install $$ystemUpdate from USB.

To do so, go to the retail dashboard, navigate to system settings and then storage, and enter the controller/key combo "LB+RB+X LB+RB+X" in order. This will prompt removal of the originally installed Avatar Update.

Last edited by HelplessIdiot,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/wZgjSNb-o4c?si=ajt4Lgq_LTYcXxs2