Scrubbed WBFS Dump to Menu - But Not Converted ISOs?

WishItWas1984

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Before I found this site, I followed what looked to be a very detailed YouTube tutorial that was only 9 months old. I'm pretty much all setup on a new Wii, but ran into this issue.

I already had some ISO files and converted them per the video. I then went to find more and only came across already-scrubbed WBFS files.

I didn't test every file, but every scrubbed WBFS I tried dumps me back to the Wii menu. The converted ISO files worked just fine.

I noticed in Wii Backup Manager that all of the scrubbed WBFS files have various IOS numbers, but all of my converted ISO files have ISO56.

My guess is that the below cIOS installers I created are incompatible with the scrubbed files because none of the "cIOS base" numbers are the same as the IOS of the scrubbed files.

Provided my guess is correct, how do I change the IOS of the scrubbed files to match the cIOS I installed already? Or, what settings do I need to install so the cIOS matches the file's IOS number.

This is what I installed:

(Install #1)

• cIOS - d2x-v11-beta1
  • cIOS base - 38
  • cIOS slot - 248
  • cIOS version - 65535
(Install #2)

• cIOS - d2x-v11-beta1
  • cIOS base - 56
  • cIOS slot - 249
  • cIOS version - 65535
(Install #3)

• cIOS - d2x-v11-beta1
  • cIOS base - 57
  • cIOS slot - 250
  • cIOS version - 65535
(Install #4)

• cIOS - d2x-v11-beta1
  • cIOS base - 58
  • cIOS slot - 251
  • cIOS version - 65535

Exidous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nah, your guess is incorrect, you aren't looking to "match" IOSes to dumps. Wii Backup Manager shows the default/intended IOS that the unmodified game uses. If you're on System Menu 4.3, you have all of the vanilla IOS. Modern Wii backup loaders use one of a few, modified, high numbered custom IOS to boot games. In contrast, those low-numbered unmodified IOS listed in Wii Backup Manager can't be used to boot backups.

What you have listed are four simultaneous installs, to IOS slots 248-251. Your backup loader of choice can be configured to use any one of those four cIOS, and each/any is likely to work for a backup loader loading any of a vast majority of games.

Assuming those games are good dumps, properly named and stored on compatible hardware, and launched with a working backup loader.

Your issue is most likely somewhere in my last sentence. It could be as simple as those WBFS files from places unknown being bad dumps.

WishItWas1984

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nah, your guess is incorrect....

Understood and thank you

Good to see that everything I did looks correct and the games *should* work. In the past hour I managed to find a source for all but one of the scrubbed WBFS files as ISOs, so hopefully converted versions of those will do the trick. It's weird as the scrubbed WBFS files come from a legit site and repository with a lot of comments having no issue, which is why I thought I did something wrong or had some kind of compatibility issue. Anyway, crossing my fingers

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might download rayman revolution for my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right ram
    for it tho. Edit- no it uses floppy Ram, just like @AncientBoi
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aeiou
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And sometimes Z
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
    +1
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Why so serious!
    @BakerMan, yeah that's about the only reason I would vote for Trump over Biden.
    In my opinion on all other factors they are pretty much the same.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: In my opinion on all other factors they are pretty much the same.