Hacking Circle Pad patches for Super Mario 64 DS and other games (in TwilightMenu with TWPatcher and RTCom)

ImXgaming10

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there a way to have the main cheat file and the starfox cpad invert at the same time
Post automatically merged:

is there a way to have the main cheat file and the starfox cpad invert at the same time

emcintosh

On the internet, everyone knows I'm a cat
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

You need to open usrcheat.dat (e.g. in the R4CCE program) and add the content of the relevant file from star_fox_cpad_mod_inverted.zip as a code to the matching game's entry. ISTR seeing a mention of an online editor, but I can't remember where.

CartoonGamerMatt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I'm trying to get the C-pad controls to work with Zelda Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks D-pad patched .NDS games. I have the D-Pad patched games, but when I try to load the C-pad cheat in the cheats menu, it says "No cheats available" for both games. Now, interestingly, when I try just the base Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks, the C-pad cheat is available, but the cheat does not show up for the D-Pad patched games. I'm trying to play with D-pad controls with the C-pad cheat. Any help would be greatly appreciated. All the games I've tested have worked so far with the C-pad cheat, except the D-pad patched Zelda games.

STJebus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, I'm trying to get the C-pad controls to work with Zelda Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks D-pad patched .NDS games. I have the D-Pad patched games, but when I try to load the C-pad cheat in the cheats menu, it says "No cheats available" for both games. Now, interestingly, when I try just the base Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks, the C-pad cheat is available, but the cheat does not show up for the D-Pad patched games. I'm trying to play with D-pad controls with the C-pad cheat. Any help would be greatly appreciated. All the games I've tested have worked so far with the C-pad cheat, except the D-pad patched Zelda games.
From my understanding when you patch a game you change it's ID.
You need to open usrcheat.dat (e.g. in the R4CCE program) find the phantom hourglass (separate games folder in the download you can find the ID for it.) Then using the three dots button [...] point it towards your patched game instead. I had to do this for english Ni No Kuni.

Reactions: CartoonGamerMatt

CartoonGamerMatt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to open usrcheat.dat (e.g. in the R4CCE program) find the phantom hourglass (separate games folder in the download you can find the ID for it.) Then using the three dots button [...] point it towards your patched game instead. I had to do this for english Ni No Kuni.

Where do I store the usrcheat.dat file for the individual games? I have the main usrcheat.dat file in the Extras folder on my SD card. I'm not sure where to store usrcheat.dat files for individual games though. Thanks for your help.

STJebus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It only 1 file. You have to open the main file up in R4CCE. All of the cheats are in there. I only recommended using the "separate game cheats" to find the ID of the game you are looking for in the Main file. You can use the search at the bottom to then jump to it.

Reactions: CartoonGamerMatt

CartoonGamerMatt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're willing, could please explain the process step-by-step? I'm honestly not familiar on how to edit the usrcheat.dat file and I'm not sure where to store the individual cheat files for just the Zelda games. I also don't know what R4CCE is. Basically, I just followed a tutorial to get Twilight Menu working, but I have no idea how any of it works outside of following the tutorial. Lol

It only 1 file. You have to open the main file up in R4CCE. All of the cheats are in there. I only recommended using the "separate game cheats" to find the ID of the game you are looking for in the Main file. You can use the search at the bottom to then jump to it.
Sounds like the main step is downloading R4CCE. Then I need to edit the patched Zelda games to match the original games' IDs. What I'm not clear on is where I need to store the files.

emcintosh

On the internet, everyone knows I'm a cat
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you're willing, could please explain the process step-by-step? I'm honestly not familiar on how to edit the usrcheat.dat file and I'm not sure where to store the individual cheat files for just the Zelda games. I also don't know what R4CCE is. Basically, I just followed a tutorial to get Twilight Menu working, but I have no idea how any of it works outside of following the tutorial. Lol

Sounds like the main step is downloading R4CCE. Then I need to edit the patched Zelda games to match the original games' IDs. What I'm not clear on is where I need to store the files.
R4 Cheat Code Editor edits the cheat file format popularised by the R4 flashcart.

The IDs of games can get changed when you edit the ROM. It's not something you can edit about the game yourself - you need to edit the ID of the entry for the game in the cheat file to match the new ID for the modded game, which you can get from the files in this thread that contain the cheats that patch the controls.

Once you've edited the usrcheat.dat file, you copy it to sd:/_nds/TWiLightMenu/extras/.

CartoonGamerMatt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
R4 Cheat Code Editor edits the cheat file format popularised by the R4 flashcart.

The IDs of games can get changed when you edit the ROM. It's not something you can edit about the game yourself - you need to edit the ID of the entry for the game in the cheat file to match the new ID for the modded game, which you can get from the files in this thread that contain the cheats that patch the controls.

Once you've edited the usrcheat.dat file, you copy it to sd:/_nds/TWiLightMenu/extras/.
Thank you! I will try and figure this out from what you've explained here.

The main thing that confuses me is where I can find the new ID for the D-pad patched game. You said that's in the files on this thread?

Vendicatorealato

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The main thing that confuses me is where I can find the new ID for the D-pad patched game. You said that's in the files on this thread?
You can view it by loading the ROM to R4CCE, clicking on "…" after adding a new game.
Anyway, we discussed about D-Pad patched The Legend of Zelda games in previous pages, and these are the GameIDs:
The GameID of Phantom Hourglass (USA) D-Pad patched is AZEE-FD8A6DD1.
the GameID of the D-Pad patched Spirit Tracks (USA) is BKIE-5818C636

Ninja-Eule

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
As for the gyroscope business, emcintosh and Ninja-Eule can you test this program? It's just a regular NDS application. I doubt this will work, but just as a last attempt of mine.
Start it, wait for ~10 seconds, and tell me what you see at the bottom screen (specifically, there should be something like "gyro variant" and "gyro device id"). Ideally, if the gyroscope would work, on the top screen there are 3 rectangles (reg, blue, green), and if you rapidly rotate the console around one of the three cardinal axis (X, Y, Z), they will expand up and down. You may also press DPad Up for "calibration", but it probably doesn't matter
Sorry for taking so long to respond. I was busy with university.
The gyro seems to work in the test app you send me.
If I move the 3DS up and down the green bar points in the opposite direction of the movement, moving the 3DS left causes the red and blue bars to point down, while moving it right makes the bars point up, tilting the 3DS left and right makes the blue bar go up for right and down for left and tilting the 3DS front and back causes the red bar to go up when the left side goes back and the right side goes forward with the opposite happening if the left side goes forward and the right side goes back.
I have GyroVariant 02 with GyroDeviceId 72 as seen in the picture. I hope that info helps.
The last 2 digits of all 3 values shown on the bottom screen hover a bit with the left and right ones staying in the positive direction and reaching 32 max while the middle one goes from -48 up to +32. Recalibrating doesn't change that.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2024-05-23 at 23.42.14.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-05-23 at 23.42.14.jpeg
    148.9 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: emcintosh

EmmaQF

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi dude Ive been trying to remap the mario 64 buttons but I just can't download r4cce no matter how many times I click it won't download. Can you help make this cheat.dat file ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Microsoft is worth 3.2 Trillion according to Google lol