How do you add cheats on EZ-Flash Omega DE

G25900

Trophies
XP
Country
So first, you absolutely can make cheats for the Omega/DE, it's just not exactly straight forward because there's no cheat device interpreter built in so you need to change the code to have the memory adress yourself, un-encrypted codes do tell you the values dirctly though so they're easier to use.

If you find the codes on gamehacking.org and press the info button it will tell you what value is being written to which memory adress, making it a little easier to figure out, then you can look at existing codes on the ezflash and compare them to figure out the formatting.

It's been a little while since I fiddled with cheats bit I think that mute music code would be something like:

ON=4000A,FF,FF,4000C,00,00,40010,01,01

I can't remember the exact format for it but you should be able to see the similarities, at least enough to figure it out with some testing and comparing anyway.

I will just say this though, the Mario Advance games are an absolute god damn bitch to get cheats that actually work for them, especially in this kind of format where there's no external part working with it. So I would at the very least try experimenting with cheats for another game before deciding it's impossible, because it isn't.

You can figure out the cheat file using that offlinegbalist site as well, as you've been shown, you can also add a .cht file with the rom name in the CHEAT folder, you just need to have to right format.

Here's a copy paste of my Mega Man Zero cheat file I put together:

[Infinite Health]
ON=02B62C,64

[Infinite Retries]
ON=02A5D0,09

[GameInfo]
Name=Mega Man Zero
System=GBA
Text=Mega Man Zero

I think the health cheat still needed fiddling with, it worked but set health too low, think it needed to be FF, or that didn't work and I had to figure out the exact value and couldn't be bothered, the retries worked fine though, like I said been a while since I've done this so don't remember the exact issue with it, but they definitely worked. Just put that in a .cht file with the exact rom name and worked great.

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It's been a little while since I fiddled with cheats bit I think that mute music code would be something like:

ON=4000A,FF,FF,4000C,00,00,40010,01,01

I can't remember the exact format for it but you should be able to see the similarities, at least enough to figure it out with some testing and comparing anyway.
AFAIU, addresses need to be separated from each other using semicolons, at least that's what worked for me on the EZODE,

3300000C 0000 is also a codebreaker type 3 code, so only an 8bit write. Writing 2 bytes could and probably will work, but could potentialy cause issues - better to only write 1 byte to 0xC.

ON=4000A,FF,FF;4000C,00;40010,01,01

is what I used.

EDIT: I actually just realized that 0xC follows the 2 bytes written at 0xA, so we should be able to further "optimize" the cheat using this:
ON=4000A,FF,FF,00;40010,01,01

btw: here's a post from the late kuwanger, explaining the RAW format:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/request-better-gba-cheat-for-ez-flash-omega.509684/#post-8591199
Post automatically merged:

[Infinite Health]
ON=02B62C,64

[Infinite Retries]
ON=02A5D0,09

[GameInfo]
Name=Mega Man Zero
System=GBA
Text=Mega Man Zero

I think the health cheat still needed fiddling with, it worked but set health too low, think it needed to be FF, or that didn't work and I had to figure out the exact value and couldn't be bothered, the retries worked fine though, like I said been a while since I've done this so don't remember the exact issue with it, but they definitely worked. Just put that in a .cht file with the exact rom name and worked great.
looking at the libretro cheat file for the game, they seem to set the value at 0x202B62C to 0x20, so maybe you can try
[Infinite Health] ON=02B62C,20
for better results.

They also have an invincible code, converted to RAW it would look like this:
[Invincible] ON=02B634,80

Last edited by Localhorst86,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4mQnp4H0fk