cxon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey all,

i've done different file management projs on other consoles but have no idea where to start when it comes to switch homebrewing/hacking. i'm familiar w the basics of github, file installation, etc. but am overwhelmed w the amount of information from everything. my question is where do i start? is HATS a safe bet? is the 18.0.1 firmware posted in their tele all encompassing? (has atmosphere, etc.) if so what then? how do i launch the software itself/boot the file loader? lots of stupid questions like that which i don't know where to start w.

if you don't have the patience yourself to explain, would appreciate a redirect as i can't find much on google/yt - if this post gets taken down sorry im slow lmao

*edit - should note that im intending to use atmosphere for safe pkhex manipulation, so whatever works in that direction would be happy to hear

*edit edit - made a post under the switch hack questions thread - ignore this :)
:)

Last edited by cxon,

thesjaakspoiler

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
As a bare minimum you need an unpatched Switch or a Switch with a modchip.
HATS is an all in one package that will get you started without having to bother about how everything works.
Once set up an booted into the custom firmware, the Album icon will now bring you to the homebrew menu where you can start homebrew applications.
The latest Atmosphere versions have an app that can turn the Switch into a USB stick so you can easily copy over files.
For homebrew development that is not needed. Once in the homebrew menu you can launch anything over the USB connection.
For looking/manipulating files you need the security keys of your Switch (get them with lockpick or another tool) and a bunch of PC tools to extract files from the original game archive. All resources are bundeled into these zip archive kind of files.
After editting you need to pack everything with some tools on the PC and put it back on the Switch.
Some games have editors which can edit files directly, for other game you need to reinstall the modified game again.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As a bare minimum you need an unpatched Switch or a Switch with a modchip.
HATS is an all in one package that will get you started without having to bother about how everything works.
Once set up an booted into the custom firmware, the Album icon will now bring you to the homebrew menu where you can start homebrew applications.
The latest Atmosphere versions have an app that can turn the Switch into a USB stick so you can easily copy over files.
For homebrew development that is not needed. Once in the homebrew menu you can launch anything over the USB connection.
For looking/manipulating files you need the security keys of your Switch (get them with lockpick or another tool) and a bunch of PC tools to extract files from the original game archive. All resources are bundeled into these zip archive kind of files.
After editting you need to pack everything with some tools on the PC and put it back on the Switch.
Some games have editors which can edit files directly, for other game you need to reinstall the modified game again.
Are you daft? The man said to ignore the post because he used the dedicated questions thread which is what he was supposed to have used in the first place. Do you have some sort of fetish for responding to threads without a response? Because you always do this but never follow up on those threads.

• Haha
Reactions: Hayato213

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Let me finish do the harder drugs