Hacking [REQUEST] Old R4igold.cc (no 3DS) / GEi Firmware backup/dump

Alvy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hello everybody. I am needing the firmware backup (dump) for the old R4igold.cc and/or GEi (Galaxy Eagle i). Both cards have the same hardware structure, the same software, the same firmware. I have one of these (the Old R4igold.cc with the "NEW" printed on the label) BUT this flashcart has faulty firmware since my nephew tried to update it with another flashcart firmware, and everytime I put it on the 3DS, the 3DS hangs, doesn't show anything, just hangs. So I wanted to ask if someone has the firmware backup (dump) please send it to me so I can flash the EEPROM on it with a CH341a flasher.
For those who don't know what I'm talking about, the flashcarts are these:

OLD R4iGold (with NEW on the label)
2.jpg

The GEi (Galaxy Eagle i)
9kmlxs.jpg

And both have the same board:

32048787-399816e2-ba7d-11e7-8bd2-0e6395f6e70f.png

32048764-2c7509c0-ba7d-11e7-8558-bc2ac178cadc.png

P.S: I am sorry if this has been asked before, I searched for it and got no results. I've already searched on the ntrboot_flash github and saw someone else's post about it but nobody had the firmware backup of it :(

Last edited by Alvy,

CHT_Player

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Somebody here, both firmwares are almost exactly the same, but the very last line is different

I found the Gei dump on the internet and the r4igold.cc one extracted from the NDS_Update_1.4.1_R4.nds file using a hex edtor.

Unfortunately neither did unbrick my flashcart, mine probably has a hardware issue.

Attachments

• gei_firmware.zip
    659.6 KB · Views: 9
  • r4igold.ccdump.zip
    659.6 KB · Views: 8

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • B @ BigArnold:
    Can you guys help with my problem concerning my Switch?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you switch it up
  • B @ BigArnold:
    Switch what up?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Switch the switch to resolve your issue
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigArnold, sorry but i cant, i dont have a switch. also what k3nv2 says is a joke
  • B @ BigArnold:
    That's what I figured. I put a post up in a forum but no one seems to replying to posts there. I also don't what this chat is attached to.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    General chat as it implies
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigArnold, try posting in the "switch noob paradise" thread
  • B @ BigArnold:
    That's where I put it. But like I said other people's posts from a day or two ago have no responses. I'm not sure if the chat is part of the Nintendo forum that I'm on or a part of the website as a whole.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigArnold, part of the website as a whole
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    then try making a thread
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    wait you are too new to be able to do that
  • B @ BigArnold:
    That's fine. I'll find my way.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @BigArnold you put the fusee or hekate.bin in the hekate/ payloads folder, or use app to push the payload to switch while its in rcm mode
    +1
  • B @ BigArnold:
    The problem is is that TegraGUI isn't detecting my Switch despite it being plugged in and in RCM or maintenance mode.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Did you click install driver inside the tegra app.
  • B @ BigArnold:
    I did all of that stuff and it seemed successful but still nothing. The only thing different from the guide I used was that my device wasn't showing up as APX but rather Nintendo Switch.
  • B @ BigArnold:
    I did it inside the Tegra app and Zadig.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Try a different USB c cable, or different USB port on your pc.
  • B @ BigArnold:
    I tried a different port and don't have another cable. I'm fairly certain there's no issue with the equipment I'm using.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Some cheap USB c cables don't send data, they only charge
  • B @ BigArnold:
    The cable is usually used to connect my controller to my switch's dock.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Only other thing Id suggest is using a phone/tablet and use the Rekato app, or different pc
  • B @ BigArnold:
    Okay then.
    Thanks for your help.
    +2
    B @ BigArnold: Okay then. Thanks for your help. +2