I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
https://github.com/saulfabregwiivc/FBAlpha2012/tree/wiipgmpsikyo_upds

Hi there friends, i recently got a comment on my YouTube asking about the PGM game Demon Front.

And yeah, currently this doesn't work on the current builds of FBA2012 for PGM driver only but a few years ago, someone fixed the problem of some PGM games not loading on big-endian systems, including the Wii and Wii U.

But this was from FBNeo, so i took some time to backport this fix to FBAlpha PGM for Wii (thanks to @Wiimpathy for providing the source code for the PGM and Psikyo cores).

Soon i will recompile a new FBA2012 PGM core, as i also resynced to last updates of Libretro FBAlpha2012 and also added to this branch Wiimpathy's changes for add building PGM and Psikyo cores only.

@cheloruiz79 , if you're kind, when i get with the new build, could you try with your games that u said earlier that didn't work? Thanks.

Disorarara

Trophies
XP
Country
https://github.com/saulfabregwiivc/FBAlpha2012/tree/wiipgmpsikyo_upds

Hi there friends, i recently got a comment on my YouTube asking about the PGM game Demon Front.

And yeah, currently this doesn't work on the current builds of FBA2012 for PGM driver only but a few years ago, someone fixed the problem of some PGM games not loading on big-endian systems, including the Wii and Wii U.

But this was from FBNeo, so i took some time to backport this fix to FBAlpha PGM for Wii (thanks to @Wiimpathy for providing the source code for the PGM and Psikyo cores).

Soon i will recompile a new FBA2012 PGM core, as i also resynced to last updates of Libretro FBAlpha2012 and also added to this branch Wiimpathy's changes for add building PGM and Psikyo cores only.

@cheloruiz79 , if you're kind, when i get with the new build, could you try with your games that u said earlier that didn't work? Thanks.

I would genuinely be interested if the Wii can play Demon Front well or not, though I don't really expect much. The game it probably would be able to play full speed is Dodonpachi Dai Ou Jou since I believe it doesn't utilize an ARM chip, along with some other, earlier PGM games that mostly used a 68000 for graphics and logic

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
I would genuinely be interested if the Wii can play Demon Front well or not, though I don't really expect much. The game it probably would be able to play full speed is Dodonpachi Dai Ou Jou since I believe it doesn't utilize an ARM chip, along with some other, earlier PGM games that mostly used a 68000 for graphics and logic
Unfortunately i tried playing Demon Front on Wii and it's still not working, even with my changes.

The Wii is NOT powerful enough for handle many ARM processes at the same time.

@Wiimpathy already said that if a game crashes even with VM, it's more likely that the game is way too complex for run on the Wii and can even crash due to low processing power.

Haven't tested other PGM games though, however i still have plans to release a build with said changes.

Disorarara

Trophies
XP
Country
Unfortunately i tried playing Demon Front on Wii and it's still not working, even with my changes.

The Wii is NOT powerful enough for handle many ARM processes at the same time.

@Wiimpathy already said that if a game crashes even with VM, it's more likely that the game is way too complex for run on the Wii and can even crash due to low processing power.

Haven't tested other PGM games though, however i still have plans to release a build with said changes.

It would definitely still be worthwhile for games like Knights of Valour which I believe should work

Reactions: SaulFabre

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Crazy people actually spend $50 on that stuff
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Towelie runs my farm, he's awesome.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Polly is still around from what I've heard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @SylverReZ, is Pollys alt I knew it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I see him every once whi!e , incognito
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, I'm not him. Keep looking.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still don't know why he left unless someone really hurt his feelings
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know why people get so emotional online just get over it ffs
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He was the ass of gbatemp, everyone knocked on him, I honestly felt bad, even though I was guilty myself, but he egged it all on himself,
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    But he still here, but under dif name, he pm me sometimes still even.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's like they think we'll be in their bed pissing on it the next day
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I feel like gbatemp should make t-shirts or memorabilia to remember the lost ones. I bet the Polly shirts would sell out quick.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah that could actually bring lawsuits
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tempsuits
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    PollySuits
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your correct, Somebody would be guilty and there would be riots, then they storm the gbatemp capitol,
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Online or not there are still certain rights that judges would have no issue handing out a warrant over
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just look at Kim dotcom
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Honestly I'm scared to, from you, but ok, lemme turn on vpn, virtual machine, private browser first
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Remember that Alexa robot I gifted you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    And that laptop Webcam you never tapped up
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That robot is here somewhere, I hear it moving around at night, but I haven't seen it for months.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh that laptop I give to ancientboi, so you been watching him for months, and he's been watching you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh good more than enough material for the fbi
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn its 5 in morn, I gotta Go wake your mum and send her to work. Check ya later.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Damn its 5 in morn, I gotta Go wake your mum and send her to work. Check ya later.