The MIG Switch Thread

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
They won’t have a way to use NSP or homebrew files. Don’t hold your breath
It is not possible, because nobody besides big N can add valid signatures to software, and MIG is a merely ORIGINAL cartdrige emulator.
Post automatically merged:

I already have a V1 switch so too worried if homebrew is not possible. The main thing i'm hoping is a way to update games by update files and not having to update through nintendo. I don't want having a unmodded OLED switch that is banned, that means it will be almost be useless with games that need updates.

Between me and my wife we have two V1 switches, mine being banned and it sucks cause I can't even update offical game carts. The only thing keeping me fro selling it, is it can play homebrew like emulators.
if yours is V1 and banned you can upgrade any title using homebrew.

zenjiki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wish that was true, but I guess mine is console ban cause no matter what I do I cannot update official way.

Maybe I'm phrasing it wrong but... what I'm trying to say is, I can play my official legitimate physical copy Mario Kart 8, but since it has many updates after release, I cannot officially update that game because of my console banned. Lucky for me it is a V1 switch so i can install and update anygame with any game installer like goldleaf. But technically if i wanted to use my "legitimate physical mario kart 8 cartrige", I can only play what originally came in the cart, no updates no DLC.

I guess what i'm trying to say is... using a migswitch and risking a console ban is not worth it for me. Unlike a V1 switch... once an unmodded switch gets banned, i won't be able to play any updates of games. Wether officially using legitimate physical cartriges or installed on migswitch. That unmodded banned switch, will only be able to play base games that came in the cartriges.

Last edited by zenjiki,
Reactions: impeeza

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Wish that was true, but I guess mine is console ban cause no matter what I do I cannot update official way.

I can install and update by using goldleaf or any other game installer. However offical physical games I own, I cannot update because its banned.
Using Homebrew you can:
  • Dump your legal cartdriges and leave them installed on your SD Card.
  • Update the installed games
  • Install DLCs and other addons.
All without needing to connect to big N servers.

zenjiki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using Homebrew you can:
  • Dump your legal cartdriges and leave them installed on your SD Card.
  • Update the installed games
  • Install DLCs and other addons.
All without needing to connect to big N servers.

I updated my message too late but thats exactly what I do.

I guess what i'm trying to say is... using a migswitch and risking a console ban is not worth it for me. Unlike a V1 switch... once an unmodded switch gets banned, i won't be able to play any updates of games. Wether officially using legitimate physical cartriges or installed on migswitch. That unmodded banned switch, will only be able to play base games that came in the cartriges.

Lumpofcoal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I myself almost bought one, but because what ive beed reading i'm holding off to see what "unlock switch" can offer. Maybe they can offer a way to install other files like nsp, making updating easier. Been following them and they are promising open source, so maybe even if they can't offer that, the homebrew community can find a way to do it.

I wouldn't bet on it because they are literally (by their own words) just ripping MIG's firmware to use as their own. Their main goal is ostensibly to provide a "cheaper" version (through hardware variation of components) of it, not develop it. They might not even have the technical skills to do so either.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: uwu