MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Yes, It is. But this is Bad for users, because many people can't update their PC so fast.
I understand their overall end-goal is to try and make "Windows as a service" happen, and that they're dragging it out because of Enterprise users.

Ondrashek06

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
I understand their overall end-goal is to try and make "Windows as a service" happen, and that they're dragging it out because of Enterprise users.
Remember Windows 10 S? I really think that it'll be "Windows Basic" at one point with "Windows Premium", for $10/month, being the normal Windows w/o restrictions.

Restricted to only using stuff that Microsoft has approved. Hell, this is already a problem on Windows 10 - it's almost impossible now to use drivers by developers that haven't paid Microsoft for a signing key.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Just now I set for a client 150 "Cloud Workstations" a set of virtual desktops running on the cloud and the client have a dumb terminal, only a screen a keyboard and a Mouse with network connection so NO SOFTWARE is run on the physical devices all is run on the cloud servers...

Is happening now.

eternal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
F**k windows 11. F**king windows 12 will just be owrse
Ive been waiting for some form of windows 12 (just to see), but yeah with all of the copilot+ and recall trash...its not looking good.
According to bleeping computer, M$ had to walk backwards on their push of the recall being on by default in the upcoming update of windows 11 (fudge them)
these folks will do anything to get that muney and extra info from all of us... as a side note I know for sure there sare specific windows services that when you turn them off after one update, they come right back on after another update because oops...
https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/ne...ecall-opt-in-secures-data-with-windows-hello/

extra edit: for those who didnt know the, the upcoming windows 11 update would "supposedly" turn recall on if your pc was copilot eligible by default.
and recall can record everything on the screen every 5 seconds: pron, passwords, and excellent gbatemp convos would be fair game.
Also the recall database was said to be unencrypted initially.
https://www.malwarebytes.com/blog/n...s-can-be-easily-grabbed-with-totalrecall-tool

Last edited by eternal,
  • Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: console and impeeza

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Bet it’s going to be even more riddled with ads, anti-customization, and forced bullshit. Glad I haven’t used Windows since 2006
1 year later and this hasn't changed

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I never use it