Any chance of seeing those Fallout 1CE/2 CE ports on Switch?

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That's a good idea. I'll look into it. Are you porting the first game natively? I'm planning on doing it after because from what I can tell it's more or less the same code and libraries, structure etc. (I'm not even sure if a port exists already, I'm not really in the scene)
I'm not so far, I've been working on the Switch Linux version. Once I've got that how I want it, I may attempt to do a native port, but if you get to it first that's totally cool. There isn't a native port of either yet, no.

ryandeering

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
I'm not so far, I've been working on the Switch Linux version. Once I've got that how I want it, I may attempt to do a native port, but if you get to it first that's totally cool. There isn't a native port of either yet, no.

Sweet! I'll let you know if I lag behind on FO1, it would be awesome to have our control schemes parallel.

ryandeering

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
I found some time to rig some controls up, that Vita code definitely gave me a hint or two so thanks @hippy dave ! I implemented a cursor speedup tied to the mouse sensitivity and the left stick toggle.

I might ask if there's anyone I can add on Discord to test the game for me on real hardware, just because I'm working off my MacBook Pro and just give me some feedback in regards to controls, visibility/accessibility of things, how it works on the dock etc... would be appreciated before I throw anything out to the wild. thank you :)

• Love
Reactions: hippy dave

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I found some time to rig some controls up, that Vita code definitely gave me a hint or two so thanks @hippy dave ! I implemented a cursor speedup tied to the mouse sensitivity and the left stick toggle.

I might ask if there's anyone I can add on Discord to test the game for me on real hardware, just because I'm working off my MacBook Pro and just give me some feedback in regards to controls, visibility/accessibility of things, how it works on the dock etc... would be appreciated before I throw anything out to the wild. thank you :)
Awesome! I can give it a test at some point this weekend if you like.

ryandeering

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Helloooooo. Sorry for the radio silence, I've been busy. I think I'm ready to give the game into the hands of some people who can give me a hand with some feedback on the control layout and how the game feels on actual hardware. Feel free to message me for the link to a discord with NSO/NRO files, instructions and a control layout. Hopefully released to public soon, I think it's pretty damn playable to be honest. I was emulating it on my Steam Deck and it was fun.

Screenshot 2024-06-05 at 01.32.58.png

Last edited by ryandeering,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/tIhGFPf9zYs?si=PuxpV4XF-g3-8rJt +1