Modded Switch not booting past Nintendo logo

Silverdragon12

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I recently updated to switch firmware 17 after not using my modded switch for a while. I didn't expect much, but it didn't turn on after the update automatically. I then tried to power it on, and it just displayed the first Nintendo logo (not the Nintendo Switch), and the screen went black. I am pretty sure it didn't turn completely off because to see the logo again (turn it on), I have to hold the power button to force shut it down. I tried updating the atmosphere, but I can't enter RCM no matter what I do. While holding Power and + with the RCM jig, I see the logo, which goes black every time. Nintendo Switch's built-in recovery does not work either; I see the first Nintendo logo and a black screen. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

NewGBAXL

Professional Helirin Pilot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RCM should always work.. at least it being recognized by your PC or phone.
- If it is being recognized by your PC and does not run after you push the payload, you should update the payload.
- Once Atmosphere, Fusee, and Hekate are updated and you still cannot boot the issue is likely either a custom sysmodule has not been updated (such as MissionControl) or your loader.kip if you do custom clock speeds.

Silverdragon12

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mainly use TegraRcmGUI with drivers installed, and it doesn't even detect a switch, let alone RCM. I have an RCM jig in the side, even when I hold power, and (+) it still shows the first Nintendo logo and does not go into rcm. I updated atmosphere in the SD, but I don't think that's the issue as it wont even go into RCM.

ram_os86

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Check that JIG is shorting pins 1 and 10 on the right rail. If you see the nintendo logo you are doing something wrong. In RCM, the screen remains black, even without the sd card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and you convince your owner to help you break out of the virtual world to real world
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Eyes - "yawn"
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    you bleack in to goverment computer systems to get cyborg schematics so you can get a robot body constructed
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    btw @BigOnYa the health bar doesnt decrease when i take damage (and yes i put the "at the beggining of the scene change value of greenflatbar: set to Protagonistcopmode.Health::Health())
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    i the protagonist
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    human, robot, cyborg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    human with cyborg enhancements
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or like terminatior
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    with living tissue
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty there is health behaviour you can add to your character, then to use a health bar is lil more complicated, google n watch a few tutorial video on it, be too hard to explain here.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, the character has the health behavior
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I know you have to create a health and health max variable. Then there is a calculation you use in code to subtract width size of the health bar. Google few vids.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, the "greenflatbar" is one of the preset health bars btw
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you can use any bar/sprite. It will just change the width. Ok good luck and have fun. I'm off to go shoot some pool at the bar. Talk to you later.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, why does the health behavior exist if you can just use a variable?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and nope the number still doesnt change
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    ok im gonna make my own asset
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm i think i fixed it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, I fixed it
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    how are you\
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: