Name the Switch successor: what should Nintendo call its new console?

switch2.jpg

Nintendo has officially announced that a successor to the beloved Switch console is on the horizon. As we eagerly anticipate what innovations this new device will bring, there's one fun piece of the puzzle left undecided: its name.

The name of a console is more than just a label; it's the first impression, a brand identity, and often, a crucial element in its success or failure. Think back to the Nintendo Wii, which despite its unusual name, revolutionized gaming with its motion controls and family-friendly appeal. On the flip side, we have the Wii U, whose name caused quite a bit of confusion and didn't resonate as well with the audience.

1715136334073.png

This is where you come in! Nintendo has always been about innovation and community, and what better way to honor that spirit than by inviting you, the fans, to help name the next generation console? Whether you think it should be something classic like the "Switch 2" or something more creative like "Super Switch Ultra Deluxe" we want to hear your most creative and catchy ideas. Don't hold back—post your naming ideas in the comments below. Feel free to upvote the names you love, and why not add your twist to someone else’s suggestion?

Xyvir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the Nintendo Switch Pro Plus Ultra Mega Deluxe Edition 4K 120 FPS VR AR 3D HD OLED TV Console Handheld Hybrid System with Joy-Con Pro Controller Plus Adapter Dock Charger Stand Case Screen Protector Headset Microphone Camera Motion Sensor Gyroscope Accelerometer NFC IR Rumble HD Haptic Feedback Bluetooth Wi-Fi Ethernet HDMI USB-C SD Card Slot Cartridge Slot Online Subscription Service Cloud Save Data Transfer Backup Restore Update Patch DLC Expansion Pass Season Pass Pre-Order Bonus Digital Deluxe Edition Physical Collector’s Edition Steelbook Case Artbook Soundtrack Poster Sticker Keychain Figure Amiibo NFC Card QR Code Download Code eShop Gift Card Nintendo Points Gold Coins Platinum Points My Nintendo Rewards Club Nintendo Membership Account ID Password Email Verification Security Question Answer PIN Code Parental Control Settings Region Language Brightness Volume Battery Life Warranty Terms of Service Privacy Policy EULA Disclaimer End User License Agreement.

source:
https://medium.com/@xyvir/nintendo-announces-next-gen-successor-to-switch-c332799ac5c6

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I like how pretty much everyone include "Switch" in the name, but I'm starting to think even my idea (Super Nintendo Switch) is a bad one.
If Nintendo learned anything about their mistake (Wii U), then "Switch" is not gonna be anywhere in the name of their next console.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, watching the first episode of the anime we were talking about last night