Hacking received fake dstt from dealextreme

PyroJames

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ice Cold said:
Yeah...dealextreme doesn't exactly have the best reputation.
I thought they did. You always hear their name when people ask "what's the best place to buy flashcarts?"

Anyways, my brother received a fake DSTT from DX too. He contacted their Customer Service and now he's waiting for their response on how they'll handle this. How good is DX's customer service? It's been two days since he contacted them and still no response.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DX has pretty good customer service, but it's best to not contact them via e-mail (use their online system on their website). I'd be interested in hearing what they have to say about it, because as far as I know DX actually does have a pretty good reputation. That does explain why they recently lowered the price of the DSTT though.

ETA: Has anyone tried posting this information on their forum? If you do, make sure you link to the topic on here that shows how to tell if it's fake. I imagine that DX would almost have to respond at that point.

-Bri

PyroJames

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, my brother used their website and received a support ticket to contact them. I know DX has cited GBATEMP as a source for flashcard info before so I'm sure it won't be long before they see these "fake DSTT from DX!" posts on the forum.

swf3

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
got 3 this week from dx there the same as yours, all work and im waitng for 10 more , so keep us up to date on what you doining, pleases

aero125

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
I got 2 faked carts that matched exactly the descriptions (J2, gold dot at the insert, chip resistors near the insert on the cart interior) in the forum, just yesterday from DX.

Tested v1.15 on both of them. Both worked fine with FFIV, Hulk, Yoshi Island, JewelMaster. Reset with LRXYAB ok. Brightness control ok. No delay in the games observed. No obvious sign of fakeness in performance.

I'm worried, now, if indeed TT can engineer a future update to electronically disable and fry my console ....... WTF

aero125

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
According to the translated Chinese post in the forum, the writer claimed that TT can engineer a future update to electronically (at component level) to disable and fry your cart, or your TF cart, or your console, or all of them !

IOwnAndPwnU said:
What's the difference between the fakes and the originals? Will they stop working after a month or what ?

PyroJames

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
IOwnAndPwnU said:
What's the difference between the fakes and the originals? Will they stop working after a month or what ?

According to the other thread, fake DSTT cards can either:

1/heat up and damage the DSTT card
2/heat up and damage the micro SD
3/heat up and damage the DS unit
4/heat up and damage all of the above

aero125

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
Yes, PyroJames, these are claims according to the Chinese post in the forum on the other "fake" thread. I'm a Chinese educated in English, so I understand every words in the Chinese text.

The writer has gone on further to explain that this will happen when the factory (TT) has decided (in the future) to take measure to disable and kill the fakes, electronically at component level.

The writer was implying that the ofw ( I hope is v1.15 ) at that point when the article was released was still ok. New future updates, if indeed the factory has decided to mount a destructive action, will spell troubles for the fakes.

These cliams, I think, are highly probable because the ofw (firmware) controls the functions and roles of the ICs, which in turn drives the various components to perform their respective functions in the circuit board.

In order to fry the carts, TF or even the console, it has to be something that control heat production, management and dissipation. The same new ofw (v1.16, for eg. ) will apply to both real and fake, so the factory must be damn confident that the quality of the ICs, components and ciruit board of the reals in term of abnormally high heat management specs far exceed the fakes.

If DX is not willing to replace my 2 fakes, which I could do nothing about, I will only use these 2 DSTT with the prevailing ofw v.1.15 and Nothing Higher !

silversx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
i have yet to receive a response from dx about this issue..

can someone go post on their forum?? and link to this and the chinese thread about fakees??

IOwnAndPwnU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
PyroJames said:
IOwnAndPwnU said:

According to the other thread, fake DSTT cards can either:

1/heat up and damage the DSTT card
2/heat up and damage the micro SD
3/heat up and damage the DS unit
4/heat up and damage all of the above

Is there a source for that or did you just think that was obvious.

IOwnAndPwnU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ohmy.gif

That makes sense. Then.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Of course, there is no confirmation that that's really actually happened. It could be that DSTT says it will happen to discourage people from buying the clones.

-Bri

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @AncientBoi, don't worry atleast that video is a parody +1