cigarette_smoke.jpeg

suppachipmunk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm a non-smoker. I dont really understand why people smoke. I guess its just because of the nicotene (sp?). I feel that it probably causes lung cancer!

But I don't down anyone who does smoke, I just dont want them to smoke around me...

Dwight

Gawb. Gawb Bluth.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do week every once in a while, only if a friend is offering it. I hate getting high with people that I don't know very well. I don't do it enough to consider myself a smoker. Maybe once every two months or so.

Wanted

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
There are worse things than smoking. I quit 2.5yrs ago now but fully understand why people smoke and respect their decision. I quit because of the money and like how smoking surpresses appetite or at least keeps you busy enough not to snack all the time. Try drinking alcohol as often as you smoke and see which kills you faster.

Christen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't smoke although I tried it once (I was young and stupid).
I don't see the point in smoking.
Cigarettes probably have a pretty good chance of giving you lung cancer.

Lelouch

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wanted said:
There are worse things than smoking. I quit 2.5yrs ago now but fully understand why people smoke and respect their decision. I quit because of the money and like how smoking surpresses appetite or at least keeps you busy enough not to snack all the time. Try drinking alcohol as often as you smoke and see which kills you faster.

how hard was it to quit smoking? I don't understand what would make someone want to smoke in the first place, something I've always wondered about. both parents were smokers also, only 1 has quit

Wanted

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
It's really hard to quit and you should support anyone trying. I quit once before but fell back into it. It's like trying to not eat all of a sudden but instead of hunger you crave a smoke. Takes months before you even start to think you have kicked it. Still after pizza or on a bad day I think I would like a smoke.

Wanted

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
You can smoke and hate it. I don't believe it's easy to quit for anyone. I found I had to slowly cut back to one an hour at most and not smoke at work before I could quit. You say "I just wont buy any" then you are getting gas or groceries and you'll just say "and a pack of smokes" like you don't even know what you are doing until it's too late. Also it's impossible to quit of someone else in the house smokes. If you are offered one or reminded of smoking that's it. For me anyway.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never, nor will I ever smoke. I know why people do it, but it's for entirely stupid and irrational reasons. I asked my cousin (who is quite literally a complete and utter retard) why he did it. He said "because it makes me cool".
wacko.gif
His parents are retards too. They started him on the habit and support him on it. They are also under the belief that the surgeon general's warning is political propaganda. That cigarettes are actually *good* for you. It's times like this when I'm glad my mother was adopted and I don't share their bloodline. The other side of my family is exactly the opposite.

I've never bent to peer pressure on the matter (which is more of a reason people begin smoking than truly wanting to) because bending to others' wills is a true sign of weakness. I might be a nice guy and open-minded, but I have a strong enough will to ensure my self-preservation.

I've never done any drugs and have sworn never to do any. I fully intend to stick to my conviction here as a militant Islamic extremist would to his religion. And no, I don't like the militant Islamic extremists. I just find their will worthy of reference in this particular statement.

After all this however, I do have respect for those who show regret on their smoking habit and those who are dying from it and wish they had been smarter. These are people that deserve help as long as they never fall back into old habits.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Ending to the fallout series was lame could've gave us a bit more