Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
SaveMii is available for US$30, including free shipping anywhere in the world via USPS First Class mail.

More on : http://savemii.net

Edit: I already ordered
smile.gif

jinxvorheeze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice, dont need it but this seems like something everyone who is truely serious about the Wii Scene should have lying around. Good find!

lolsjoel

Trophies
Website
www.0RANGECHiCKEN.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
I disagree. Anyone that's truly serious about the Wii Scene should know what steps they need to take in advance to prevent bricks. This tool will do very little for people that wish to recover their Wii if they haven't already done one or all of the following:

-Installed a modchip
-Installed TP Hack to their save files
-Installed 3.2U/E

But the thing is, if someone's done all that, why not just install StarFall and enable the recovery menu options that do the exact same thing (using a GCN controller) as the SaveMii does?

I suppose, if someone's bricked their Wii, and hasn't prepared to recovery, the SaveMii will at least let them "kick it oldschool" and load up Wii games perfectly fine, just without the Wii System Menu features.

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the recovery menu you can access with starfall is built-in by nintendo

using it as a form of "brick protection" is very limited, as the author says.

if you corrupt a banner bad enough, this will save you when starfall won't, as I understand it.

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
loesjoel said:
I disagree. Anyone that's truly serious about the Wii Scene should know what steps they need to take in advance to prevent bricks. This tool will do very little for people that wish to recover their Wii if they haven't already done one or all of the following:

-Installed a modchip
-Installed TP Hack to their save files
-Installed 3.2U/E

But the thing is, if someone's done all that, why not just install StarFall and enable the recovery menu options that do the exact same thing (using a GCN controller) as the SaveMii does?

I suppose, if someone's bricked their Wii, and hasn't prepared to recovery, the SaveMii will at least let them "kick it oldschool" and load up Wii games perfectly fine, just without the Wii System Menu features.

Well it's a temporary solution, as things get evolved it may be obsolete. Yet it's an option for those that qualify. I disagree with the "if you are wise then you won't brick your wii" thing. Just go back some pages to see how people responded to the thread I started about the autoboot support in modchips. The reason I got into the custom banner thing my eyes closed (actually left it open quite a long time) because I thought every modchip had the autoboot support. Now go look at that thread and see how fellow gbatempers contributed. And those threads about bricks how information is spread by word of mouth but without actual experience.

About the starfall thing, it should have been the wisest thing to install before going further with the custom banner stuff. Yet it refused to install in my case.

And one thing, savemii doesn't touch the wii's system nand flash whereas Starfall patches the system menu title. And on 3.3 (though not my case) you can't use it.

lolsjoel

Trophies
Website
www.0RANGECHiCKEN.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
noobwarrior7 said:

if you corrupt a banner bad enough, this will save you when starfall won't, as I understand it.
StarFall accesses the exact same built-in recovery menu as SaveMii does. So if SaveMii can fix your Wii, StarFall will too.

Bent

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the wiis that were fully bricked from super paper mario still unfixed? IIRC, that was the first game that caused problems and it hit quite a few people. Wouldn't this be the first way to fix them?

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
loesjoel said:
noobwarrior7 said:

if you corrupt a banner bad enough, this will save you when starfall won't, as I understand it.StarFall accesses the exact same built-in recovery menu as SaveMii does. So if SaveMii can fix your Wii, StarFall will too.

good to know

QUOTE(OzModChips @ Sep 25 2008, 08:06 PM)
Does anyone know bushing email?
Or shall i install IRC to contact himm...
frown.gif

I believe bushing at gmail , a friend told me he was very responsive and helpful, so dont bother him if you dont need to.

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
River_1st said:
my Wii ist updated to 3.3 and I get this error massage: systemfiles are currupted (bad wad-file)

will savemii work for Mii?

You need to have a modchip and you need to have the 3.3 twilight hack saves in your wii. Then you can patch a copy of zelda as autoboot and boot this with the recovery dongle. So you can run the tools (anytitle deleter/wad uninstaller/wad manager) needed with the TP hack.

lolsjoel

Trophies
Website
www.0RANGECHiCKEN.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
WiiCrazy said:
River_1st said:
my Wii ist updated to 3.3 and I get this error massage: systemfiles are currupted (bad wad-file)

You need to have a modchip and you need to have the 3.3 twilight hack saves in your wii. Then you can patch a copy of zelda as autoboot and boot this with the recovery dongle. So you can run the tools (anytitle deleter/wad uninstaller/wad manager) needed with the TP hack.
You really have no idea what you're talking about, do you?

This is not true. If you have the Twilight Hack installed on your system alread, yes, SaveMii should work. You'll need to boot a retail copy of Twilight Princess (assuming you don't have a modchip) and just execute the Twilight Hack with a WAD Manager boot.dol on your SD card. If you do have a modchip, you could boot a backup copy of TP, but you won't need to patch it for autoboot - as that's exactly what this SaveMii will do - autoboot the game!

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
loesjoel said:
WiiCrazy said:
River_1st said:

You really have no idea what you're talking about, do you?

This is not true. If you have the Twilight Hack installed on your system alread, yes, SaveMii should work. You'll need to boot a retail copy of Twilight Princess (assuming you don't have a modchip) and just execute the Twilight Hack with a WAD Manager boot.dol on your SD card. If you do have a modchip, you could boot a backup copy of TP, but you won't need to patch it for autoboot - as that's exactly what this SaveMii will do - autoboot the game!

Have a problem reading? I used the conjunction "and"... a modchip AND 3.3 twilight hack saves installed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.