Hacking FINALLY!!! A Fix for The October 23d update!!!

a_running_pir8

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, major breakthrough. I registered because the past couple days I have been trying in vein to get my WADs and Backup Loader working after Nintendo's F****** update. And, I DID IT!!!! Thanks to the collective ideas of people here!

I did this with no prior cIOS installed!

Here is the tutorial:

First, you will need the following files:

WiiScrubber:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=2200

A copy of the "Wii Backup Disc v1.3"
*Removed - Google is your friend*

ALTERNATIVELY you can use the following:
http://www.zshare.net/download/50631362d51ae2a5/
to patch a copy of IOS15 extracted from a game iso from IOS15 to IOS16, therefore bypassing the need to download "Wii Backup Disc v1.3"
Thanks for this davi92? (correct me if i'm wrong...)

A copy of WadManager that works off of IOS16
http://www.zshare.net/download/50575142b4331639/

And finally a copy of Wad Manager v1.3
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=3587

First, use WiiScrubber to open up the Wii Backup Disc, and extract IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad
This file can be found by clicking the + sign next to "Partition:1 - UPDATE", and then the + sign again next to _sys
Right click on this filename, and click on "Save as" and save it to a WADS directory on your SD card.

After that, use Wad Manager v1.3 to install this wad - it is NOT trucha signed, but it IS ('semi') legal, so it WILL install without a prior cIOS.
To clear this up, having the wad is not legal, as it is copyrighted code from nintendo, but it is signed by nintendo, so it installs without an issue.

Finally, use Wad Manager that was recoded by Davi92 to work off of IOS16 to install the cIOS_fix (hopefully that is the filename in the included zip - djtaz correct me if I'm wrong), and you are on your way again!

From here you can choose to run Waninkoko's downgrader.

NOTE: if you are trying to run Any Title Deleter to delete IOS51, you must first obtain copies of at least IOS30 and IOS36 from a Wii game (such as Wii Music or the new Guitar Hero) using the same method with WiiScrubber. From here you can install WiiGator's Backup Loader 0.3 with the corresponding cIOS released with it (v6).

More information regarding removing the October 23d update can be found here:
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Remove_October_23_Update

A HUGE thank you to the following:
Slowking for the initial start
noobwarrior7 for the idea of using a modified Wad Manager based off of IOS16 to start the haxing
Davi92 for recompiling Wad Manager with IOS16 support

If there are others let me know and I will add, just got done with the exam and am done thinking for a bit
smile.gif

And now that I have gotten back and read some more, marcan I am sorry if this was an idea of yours, the only reason I posted was because like djtaz said, I thought you wouldn't want to be redistributing illegal code with such an amazing homebrew release as yours. Sorry if I jumped the gun a little.

-a_running_pir8

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
a_running_pir8 said:
Ok, major breakthrough. I registered because the past couple days I have been trying in vein to get my WADs and Backup Loader working after Nintendo's F****** update. And, I DID IT!!!! Thanks to the collective ideas of people here!

I did this with no prior cIOS installed!

I know this sounds fishy, but I promise tonight everyone will be happy! I will write a tutorial, but I have a Chem exam in 3 hours I need to finish studying for, but I promise after that I will write it and post it. I am SOOO Happy right now i cant even type as fast as I want to!

Write up will be coming shortly with all the necessary attachments.

see hopefully a lot of happy people in a couple hours
smile.gif

-a_running_pir8

Ok Guys , i had to remove that file in case it caused any issues , but i put up a now with WITH_out the IOS106 ... but im sure there may be one around WITH the file in it as well, but i cant give that link - you will have to do the math and try to find it on your own.

new link is http://www.iol.ie/~taz/3.3u_Update_Fix____...______IOS16.zip

Filename : 3.3u_Update_Fix_____WITH_out______IOS16.zip

I_Got_Wii'D

Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
Rickroll FTW, haha.

I hope this works for you guys (I already have the cIOS and homebrew launcher 0.3 beta), so this won't effect me, but hopefully it helps some of you.

and I won't say its fake because he only has one post. I only have a few as I have just now registered with the site, so just because someone is new does not mean they are not knowledgeable.

Can't wait to check out updates on this progress tho. Good job man.

henkp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
There's no need for me to do all of this since I'm happily on v3.2, but all up until

"Finally, use Wad Manager that was recoded to work off of IOS16 to install the cIOS fix, and you are on your way again!" it looks legit. Why would that wad-manager install the cIOS fix? Is there no trucha-check on this IOS16?

By the way, there are some illegal uploads linked in your post, better remove them if you don't want your reputation spoiled the second people find out it works (or not, but then it's spoiled already
tongue.gif
)

EDIT: I just read that there is indeed no trucha-check on IOS16. So in theory, it should indeed work.

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ios16 was never installed except via gayfish dvd (nintendo service dvd) and trucha bug was not fixed in it through the last update. and as it is an "official" ios, not fakesingned, it can be installed via wadmanager 1.3. so i am pretty sure it will work.

WiiShizzza

Graphics juggler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Absolutly working! I don't doubt it
smile.gif

Absolut great first post!!

Lot of people will appreciate it.
... Some won't
wink.gif

//EDIT:
Can anybody make clear if that pink Disc/ that IOS16 also works for PAL consoles?

radionds

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Okay, so I will test on my wii console.
My wii is with 3.3v2 , USA.
I have never changed any ios or any patches..

I'll post that in a near future..

Are you sure that it won't brick my wii?

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
radionds said:

€dit: sorry misread your post.

go for it. i am sure it will work. maybe you can find a extracted version of ios16 and don't have to dl the whole gayfish dvd.

nicksasa

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
i was already on 3.2 but i installed ios16 and used the custom wad manager and it worked it say not cios fount but ios16 found ! i had ios16 al installed from yesterday
wink.gif

radionds

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Screemer said:
radionds said:

€dit: sorry misread your post.

go for it. i am sure it will work. maybe you can find a extracted version of ios16 and don't have to dl the whole gayfish dvd.

But my Wii IS with the octuber 23th update instaled..And I want to install some wads again
cry.gif

hehehe, you're faster =P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I bet most people at the time still watched it in black and white
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Many of them did before colour television was common.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Likely because black and white TV was in-expensive.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It certainly wasn't inexpensive it cost the same as a new car back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much did a 1965 color TV cost?

For example, a 21-inch (diagonal) GE color television in 1965 had an advertised price of $499, which is equal to $4,724 in today's dollars, according to the federal government's inflation calculator.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, take into consideration how economy was back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why they listed inflation rates
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sorry didnt read that part
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    My first color TV was like 1984 or something lol