Hacking October 23rd Wii Fix by ‘a_running_pir8’.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadioShadow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
WARNING: This guide is Outdated and may be dangerous to use. Topic has been locked and can no longer be used for support.
Please use a more recent guide, like this one.
[/p]
October 23rd Wii Fix by ‘a_running_pir8’.

Step-by-Step guide written by RadioShadow.

I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY WII’S THAT GET BRICKED DURING THE PROCESS. PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK!

What You Need
These Files
IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad - Google It and place it in the 'WAD' folder.

Installing Homebrew Channel Guide
This Channel is required to be installed on your Wii in order to run the Homebrew Apps in the SD Card.
Step 1:
Delete the current "Zelda Twilight Princess" save on your Wii.

Step 2:
Go into Wii Options --> Data Management --> Save Data --> Wii.

Step 3:
Copy the corresponding "Twilight Hack" Save that matches your game region from the "SD Card" to the "Wii".

Note:
3.4X Wii Firmware users must not reboot/turn off your Wii at this point. The save will disappear otherwise.

Step 4:
Insert the "Zelda Twilight Princess" Disc into the Wii’s DVD Drive. Connect a Nunchuk to the Wii Remote and "Start" the game.

Step 5:
Load the first save slot.

Note:
If you’re using a USA Disc, check the inner circle of the data surface. You should see the following text as "RVL-RZDE-0A-".
If it has a 2 at the end, then load the second save slot. If it has a ‘0’, load the first save slot.

Step 6:
Move Link towards the man. Talk to him by pressing the "A" button.

Step 7:
Follow the instructions shown on the screen.

Step 8:
The Homebrew Channel has been installed successfully!

Wii Fix Guide

If you plan to use the latest Wii Firmware or are using 3.3Xv2 / 3.4X, you will find you will be unable to install WADs and some Homebrew Apps will not work correctly (such as Any Region Changer and Firmware Downgrader). This guide will fix those problems.
Step 1:
Update your Wii to the latest version.

Step 2:
Using "The Homebrew Channel", open "WAD Manager".

Step 3:
Press "A" on the Wii Remote once.
The Wii should detect a SD Card.
Press "A" again to see a list of WADs on the SD Card.
Use the "D-Pad" to select "IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad".
Press "+" to install the WAD.
Once installed, press the "Home" button, to restart you Wii.

Step 4:
Using "The Homebrew Channel", open “Custom Manager".
Using the same method as in "Step 3", install the "cIOS_Fix.wad".
Once installed, press the "Home" button, to restart you Wii.

Note:
If that fails to install, just use “WAD Manager” to install it like in the youtube video.

Step 5:
Using the ‘Homebrew Channel’, open ‘IOS Downgrader’. Just follow the instructions on the screen and wait until it finishes installing the necessary IOSs.

STEP 6:
Using "The Homebrew Channel", open "Install Shop IOS51".
Use the "D-Pad" to select "Yes", and install "IOS51", by pressing "A".
Use the "D-Pad" to select "Yes", and install the IOS Patch, by pressing "A".
Use the "D-Pad" to select "No", and DO NOT install the "Wii Shop Channel".

Step 7:
Using the ‘Homebrew Channel’, open ‘WAD Manager ’. Install ‘WAD MANAGER 1.3’.

Step 8:
The Wii is now able to install WADs and Homebrew Apps should work properly now.

Optional Step:
If you use “WiiGator” or the “Backup Loader”, using the Homebrew Channel, install ‘cIOS Installer’. This updates the ‘cIOS_Fix’ that was previously installed.

Downgrading/Upgrading Firmware Guide

The purpose of downgrading/upgrading is to re-introduce any security holes/bugs that may have been patched by Nintendo or provide compatibility with tools that require a specific version of the System Menu such as ‘Star Fall’ which require firmware 3.2X.

If your Wii has been chipped, some software (like the Guitar Hero III Hacks) requires the Signing bug to be present in IOS30, which is the version of the IOS currently used by the 3.2X System Menu. Although this can be bypassed by using GeckoOS or the Gecko Loader.

This method will also allow you to change to a different region firmware so you can convert your Europe Wii into a US Wii.
Step 1:
Using "The Homebrew Channel", open "Firmware Downgrader".

Step 2:
Press the ‘A’ button on the Wii Remote. You should be presented with a list of different firmware versions. Select and press ‘A’ on one of the following:

- 3.2J = Japan Firmware
- 3.2U = American Firmware
- 3.2E = Europe Firmware

Note: If you plan to change to a different Region Firmware (say 3.3E --> 3.2U) , once the Wii has installed the 3.2X Firmware, it will ask you to change some region settings. Make sure you pick “Yes”; otherwise your Wii may end up being bricked.

Step 3:
Press the “Home” button on the Wii Remote to restart the Wii.

Step 4:
Using "The Homebrew Channel", open "Install Shop IOS51".

Step 5:
Use the "D-Pad" to select "Yes", and install "IOS51", by pressing "A".
Use the "D-Pad" to select "Yes", and install the IOS Patch, by pressing "A".
Use the "D-Pad" to select "Yes", and install the "Wii Shop Channel".

Step 6:
Using "The Homebrew Channel", open "Mii Channel Updater".

Step 7:
Use the "D-Pad" to select "Yes", and install "Updated Mii Channel", by pressing "A".

Step 8:
You are now on the Wii Firmware 3.2X and can use the Mii Channel and Shop Channel.

Wii Shop Channel Fix Guide

Coming Soon

Frequent Asked Questions

Coming Soon

RadioShadow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well I only update because I thought it would just fix the shop channel. ^^'.

Just as long as the 'Homebrew Channel' is on your Wii, this method will work. Unless you can install the 'Homebrew Channel' using the 'Twiglight Princess'in the latest Wii Firmware.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
That step by step guide was needed - thanks

The download file step 3 is going to give you a lot of trouble since theres a copyrighted file in it ... careful with that one.

blakepender

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Recommendation of Sticky?

Ideal really
tongue.gif

Great Guide
biggrin.gif

gblock247

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question: can it be the old version of the Homebrew Channel? I already have that installed....

Thanks.
smile.gif

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gblock247 said:
Question: can it be the old version of the Homebrew Channel? I already have that installed....

Thanks.
smile.gif

yes, you could even just use TP hack, but you'd just have to take the sd card out at every step and swap "boot.dol"'s in the root.

RadioShadow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
gblock247 said:

Thanks.
smile.gif

It doesn't mater what version. You just need it to boot the 'WAD Manager 1.3'.

The-Kevster said:
Would this then allow Trucha signed discs to run again using Gecko? I miss playing guitar hero 2
frown.gif

Installing the 'Wii Gator Channel' (located in the file) and use that to boot 'trucha' discs.

QUOTE(djtaz @ Nov 1 2008, 12:28 AM)
That step by step guide was needed - thanks

The download file step 3 is going to give you a lot of trouble since theres a copyrighted file in it ... careful with that one.

You mean the 'IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad'? If that's the case I better update the guide.

gueana

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've read through the original thread but I'm still pretty confused...

1) If I downgrade by completing all the steps will it be just like it was before the upgrade? Will there be any difference?

2) What is cios_fix? Can I remove it afterword?

3) After finishing all these steps will any IOSes be missing? If so, which ones?

4) Will the IOSes installed be patched versions?

Any help would be very appreciated.

RadioShadow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm no expert on how this works so these answers might be incorrect:

1 - If you downgrade, the only thing that won't work is the Shop Channel unless you install the 'Shop IOS51' files. Other than that, anything should be the same.

2 - To allow custom apps to work such as IOS Downgrader and DVD Dumper. It won't affect any official IOSs.

3 - There won't be any IOSs missing but they would have been modified to allow WAD to be installed and Homebrew Apps to run. Anything else should run as normal.

4 - They will be similar to how they were in firmware 3.2X.

gueana

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks a lot for the help.

RadioShadow said:
3 - There won't be any IOSs missing but they would have been modified to allow WAD to be installed and Homebrew Apps to run. Anything else should run as normal.

So you're saying that the downgrader would patch the files so that I don't have to find older versions of the same IOSes and install them myself?

On another site someone mentioned using CIOS downgrader instead of AnyRegion Changer do you know anything about the difference between the two?

wiifan08

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i use the iosdowngrader and the ciosdowngrader to return to the previous 3.2 but the shop channel continue to work, is this normal?

RadioShadow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
^ Well the Shop Channel isn't meant to work on 3.2X/3.3X unless you installed the 'IOS37 Shop Install' fix. If it works, you have that IOS installed.

gueana said:
Thanks a lot for the help.

RadioShadow said:

So you're saying that the downgrader would patch the files so that I don't have to find older versions of the same IOSes and install them myself?

On another site someone mentioned using CIOS downgrader instead of AnyRegion Changer do you know anything about the difference between the two?

Pretty much.
smile.gif

With CIOS downgrader, you can install any previous Wii firmware while AnyRegion Changer only downgrades to 3.2X. It won't make a difference which one you use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all