Jazeera

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello Guys
I hope you can help me because your my last chance to fix my wii....
ehm....I have install the new backuploader gamma but if i put a DVD in my wii he shows me "DVD READ ERROR (324)"
i dont know what i have to do to fix this problem i am sure the DVDs are not the problem because on my backuploader beta they worked fine

please help me i am so desperate
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif

ps: sry for my bad english but i am from germany xD

edit: at the moment i can´t play anything because my softchip is showing me an error too...(Ioctl error)

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
That error means DVD Media Error. ( I had this problem just yesterday ). No clue why it doesn't work now, but you need to change the media type. To +R, or -R.. whichever you're not using now.

Jazeera

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Distrance said:
That error means DVD Media Error. ( I had this problem just yesterday ). No clue why it doesn't work now, but you need to change the media type. To +R, or -R.. whichever you're not using now.

are you sure?
because i use only high quality DVDs like verbatim (i dont know if you know these but they are very expensiv^^) and now i bought SONY DVD-R

and do you know why Softchip doesn't work? (ioctle error) ???

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What disc's give you the error? +R or -R?

I get that error from my +R's that worked in 0.3b and 0.1... the rev7cIOS breaks +R compatibility...

Jazeera

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I use only DVD-R because in many german forums they say : if you use DVD+R the wii laser will break

i burn my wii isos erverytime with burnspeed 2.4 but i will test it now on burnspeed 4x and 6x

are you sure that DVD READ ERROR 324 means a problem with my DVDs?
because in german forums they say its a problem with my IOS249????

and know anybody why my softchip gives me an error?

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It doesn't break DVD+R compatibility, there is a thread about this already, you need to install or the WiiGator's cIOS or cIOS36_r7 from Waninkoko, but the only thing that worked for me was, Waninkoko's installer thru Wi-Fi, the .wad method didn't went very well, stop saying is media issue, your gettin' confussed by yourselfs....!!!
smile.gif

BTW: Didn't tryed the new installer from WiiGator

Jazeera

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
zidane_genome said:
What disc's give you the error? +R or -R?

I get that error from my +R's that worked in 0.3b and 0.1... the rev7cIOS breaks +R compatibility...

k i tried it but nothing changed

what should i do know???

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I have tryed 5 different DVD, check this list, if you have (check the Disc ID with ImgBurn):

1st class media + new burner (3 years old max) = Burn at max speed (according to disc)16X is the most common
1st class media + old burner = burn at half the speed, 8X
2nd class media + new burner = burn at half the speed, 8X
2nd class media + old burner = give yourself a shot in the head, or buy better media, you cheap bast....!!!

if you already have a stack of 100 DVD's, just listen to me, it wont hurt you, try installing THIS via Wi-Fi

Jazeera

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
okay okay ehm...i have install the rev7 and it still doesn´t work
now i am going to test this

QUOTE said:
1st class media + new burner (3 years old max) = Burn at max speed (according to disc)16X is the most common
2nd class media + old burner = give yourself a shot in the head, or buy better media, you cheap bast....!!!

I hope it works.....

But can nobody tell me what the error "ioctl error" means becaus i need this softchip becaus i want to play Redsteel

kitt050383

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey Jazeera what program are you using to burn the ISO images???
Also did you try setting the book-type to DVD-R?

Please Feel free to ask anymore questions that you might have. But remember as always google is your friend....

-Kitt050383

-----
German Translation:
-----

He Jazeera, welches Programm Sie pflegend, um die ISO-Bilder zu brennen?? sind? Auch versuchten Sie, die Buchart auf DVD-R einzustellen?
Fühlen Sie bitte sich frei, Fragen mehr zu fragen, dass Sie haben konnten. Aber erinnern Sie sich als immer Google ist Ihr Freund….

- Kitt050383

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Jazeera said:
okay okay ehm...i have install the rev7 and it still doesn´t work
now i am going to test this

QUOTE said:

I hope it works.....

But can nobody tell me what the error "ioctl error" means becaus i need this softchip becaus i want to play Redsteel

RedSteel can be played on Gamma too, you just need to patch the IOS to 249 HERE

Jazeera

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
kitt050383 said:
Hey Jazeera what program are you using to burn the ISO images???
Also did you try setting the book-type to DVD-R?

Please Feel free to ask anymore questions that you might have. But remember as always google is your friend....

-Kitt050383

-----
German Translation:
-----

He Jazeera, welches Programm Sie pflegend, um die ISO-Bilder zu brennen?? sind? Auch versuchten Sie, die Buchart auf DVD-R einzustellen?
Fühlen Sie bitte sich frei, Fragen mehr zu fragen, dass Sie haben konnten. Aber erinnern Sie sich als immer Google ist Ihr Freund….

- Kitt050383

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
thanks for translation but you don't have to do it i can understand you i have only some little problems to answer you

ehm....i use IMGBURN
and booktyp DVD-R because my DVD is also DVD-R

my second question ist "what is the meaning of "ioctl error" (Softchip) and how can i correct it ?"

LANAsiDOOG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
had the same 324 problem. turned out it was because of the type of media i was using... a DVD-R Maxell didnt work for me, used a DVD+R ESA and it worked

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup