Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
rawk.png

Website - (IRC) #RawkSD on EFnet

The Goal: To create an easy to use customs tool that will take your pre-made custom songs and turn them into Wii compatible files. A really great add-on is the exporter key which makes exporting RB1 songs and the Track Packs possible, just like the XBOX360 and PS3 versions.

It seems like people can't wait to MAKE songs. This is possible already!
biggrin.gif
Here's a great guide courtesy of MCP at Scorehero

http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15715

WIFI DATABASE: Post your Friend Codes here. We will build up this data base and you will be able to find players to find that have Customs/RB1 installed, so you can jam online.

Can I pirate DLC?
No.

What is this?
It is a tool that will allow you to play custom songs on an unmodified Wii using Rock Band 2 and an SD Card 2 Gigabytes or less (or 4 Gigs if it is non-SDHC). Its really easy to use as well!

What about Rock Band 1? What about Track Packs?
There is an import option in the installer where you can choose from ISOs or ARK and HDR files.

Do they work online?
Yes. Now you can finally have the "true" Rock Band experience while playing customs. Wifi Database is above, contribute your Friend Code.

Something's got to give.
While there are some issues here and there that I've noticed, for the most part, there are NO catches. It works great.

"Some issues?" (NOTE: This relates to Custom Songs, RB1 Exports are Fine)
Yes, the camera is static for the whole song (meaning it is at the same angle). This means that you will either see the entire band or one member for the entire song. Whammying will also not provide you with a different guitar sound (although you expected that, right?)

How long will it take?
The PC installer will vary depending on your hardware and the length of the song (because we know you all are clamoring to put that 42 minute Dream Theater song in...), but from what I've noticed the Wii installer runs very quickly (and also has a really nice GUI).

How much space do the RB1 songs take? AC/DC?
1.01 GB on an SD Card. AC/DC takes up 0.35GB.

Aww, I can't dump the disc.
Yes you can. Use tueidj's SuperDump! It takes only 20-30min to dump a disc.

This sucks, I'm going to go to GH3 to play custom GH songs.
Guess what? Those songs will work with RawkSD! So get away from the name brand and come and play the game.

Holy crap, why are there so many solo sections in this when there shouldn't be solo sections?
You are using a GH mid. Star Power sections in GH are recognized as solo sections in RB.

Release date?
When it's ready...
wink.gif

UPDATE: June 19th

SFenton and Mrkinator playing Timmy and the Lords of the Underworld from Rock Band 1 Wii online.

Nothing huge, just shows our save file animation.

UPDATE: May 18th

Audio is now working and online play works!

GH3 Charts work.

lolwuto.jpg

Editing Artist Information works.

Old POC:

Feel free to ask any questions besides "When is it coming out/When are we getting Cracked DLC"

HisshouBuraiKen

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Dude, not for nothing, but you shouldn't say "video inside" unless there's actually a video inside
tongue.gif

That said, I look forward to seeing your progress. Song swapping is one step closer to custom songs.

ExLex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh yes!! Your the best man!

A couple of questions:

1. ¿ It is posible duplicate dlc ? this is for have RB1 Complete on RB2...

2. ¿ What about the upload score to Harmonix servers online? is there a issue or no problem at all? and if are problem i guess no online tour with custom dlc...
wacko.gif

3. ¿ When release ur tool or guide? I need play thunderstruck on Rb2
rolleyes.gif

Mrkinator

Neil Peart Wannabe
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry, the vid will be up soon...

Arek1985 said:
awesome Mrk. How comes things on the decoding the .bik files. Wish you guys the best of luck.

I haven't tried screwing around with it for a while, I'll probably try again tomorrow

Phratt said:
You're like the Rock band master huh?

Does the game never bore you?
Damn straight!

Nope
laugh.gif
I'm really into music, I play sax, drums and guitar

Ga1l0w said:
As long as there is DLC, rock band will live on.

500+ Songs right now, more to come

QUOTE(tueidj @ Jan 26 2009, 04:16 PM)
Haven't you seen the South Park episode that suggests Guitar Hero is a lot like smack? Just one more song...

Agreed
tongue.gif

Mrkinator

Neil Peart Wannabe
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Arm the Homeless said:
Map the song "Insanely Amazing Guitar Solo" by Fernando Miyata from YouTube.

ohmy.gif
ohmy.gif
ohmy.gif

HisshouBuraiKen said:
Dude, not for nothing, but you shouldn't say "video inside" unless there's actually a video inside
tongue.gif

That said, I look forward to seeing your progress. Song swapping is one step closer to custom songs.

Sorry, Youtube was being dumb, I have to reupload it
mad.gif

eric_4_life said:
Well maybe you can make the RB1 songs into RB2 dlc and simulate the export

That's going to be my goal eventually!

QUOTE(ExLex @ Jan 26 2009, 09:27 PM)
Oh yes!! Your the best man!

A couple of questions:

1. ¿ It is posible duplicate dlc ? this is for have RB1 Complete on RB2...

2. ¿ What about the upload score to Harmonix servers online? is there a issue or no problem at all? and if are problem i guess no online tour with custom dlc...
wacko.gif

3. ¿ When release ur tool or guide? I need play thunderstruck on Rb2
rolleyes.gif

1. I'll have to get back to you on that one
unsure.gif

2. I doubt there would be a prob, but I'm not sure. I tried playing online with me have the Custom and my friend not. I locked up and on his wii it said "Player has left". So it's most likely you both have to have it. I'll give my friend the custom and we'll test it again.
3. I'm not sure. I'm just the informer, not the creator
tongue.gif
Thunderstruck? Get AC/DC Live man, it's awesome!

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
.bik is Bink video... you can get the encoder for free from the Bink website...

All you have to do is use a program like TMPGENc (Tsunami MPEG Encoder) to take your AVI's, MP4's, TS's, and such, encode them to MPG-2, then toss them into the Bink encoder, and bam! you get your .bik file!

Mrkinator

Neil Peart Wannabe
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
zidane_genome said:
.bik is Bink video... you can get the encoder for free from the Bink website...

All you have to do is use a program like TMPGENc (Tsunami MPEG Encoder) to take your AVI's, MP4's, TS's, and such, encode them to MPG-2, then toss them into the Bink encoder, and bam! you get your .bik file!
Yeah I have that. The file has an extra 56-byte header. Whenever I try and open it, it say not a bik file
frown.gif
. When I remove that header, I can open it, but no sound plays. But I was able to look at the file with Bink this time. All songs have around 7-10 tracks I think.

And the video's done, it's in the first post!

Edit: DAMN! The video is too long
frown.gif
It's 15 minutes, anyone know how to upload long videos to Youtube?

bozzer123

Trophies
XP
Country
awesome your making real headway on this Mrkinator and i think your getting really close to proper customs on the wii

Mrkinator

Neil Peart Wannabe
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
HisshouBuraiKen said:
You don't
rolleyes.gif
you either split it into two videos or you upload it at rapidshare, mediafire or somewhere else
tongue.gif

I just made another vid where I don't ramble on and waste time so it should only be 5 minutes now
rofl2.gif

QUOTE(bozzer123 @ Jan 27 2009, 09:27 AM) awesome your making real headway on this Mrkinator and i think your getting really close to proper customs on the wii

Thanks! I'm not the only one on this project, but I'm the only one to say anything about it
tongue.gif

Edit: Video Just fits, it's 9 minutes long now
laugh.gif
I'm just editing it and then I'll upload it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: If your not getting your pills from Psi's discount drugs who knows what your swallowing! +1