Hacking Enchanted Folk and the School of Wizardry

lemongrassk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys, sorry I've tried looking at the past 5 or so pages, but I still can't find any information on this game and the glitch saying "Unable to read save data" in regards to this game.
Also, the "search" function isn't even working, so yeah..
Is there any way to make this game run on the R4DS (Latest firmware, real, etc, yes)? Or do I have to dabble with the YSmenu business that I've heard so much about for this game?

Thanks!

Bloodangel

Trophies
XP
Country
also whats this YSMenu.. does it replace fw/menus on R4?

i dont know as i use a cyclods myself... so dont know what to do to help my mom with her r4

thanks

MattiasMorphine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just use the Arm7 fix
smile.gif

It worked on my R4 v1.18

Bloodangel

Trophies
XP
Country
hi,

my mom put the wizard game into patient folder, jap simcity into donor folder. Clicked the bat file to start the patching. when finished and the dos window closes. She has the fixed.nds file which is smaller in size (108mb i think). renames it. Then she copies this to her mem card. Inserts her R4. But she cant find the wizard game on there. All other games show up pn her card, except this one.. weird!

what could she be doing wrong please?

Shelleeson

Trophies
XP
Country
you need to try and find out ( when she's asked to save the file) where she's saving it?
try searching the memory card under date order and there should be the file with todays date on it
she may have saved it in the original name which will be xpa-efsw (or something )
because the r4 saves in name order and it will only work in name order with a capital at the front it will have sunk to the bottom of the list
yaynds.gif

Bloodangel

Trophies
XP
Country
hi m8,

just rang her. she said she renamed the fixed.nds to enchanted folk.nds and also she has been down her list of games on the cart when its in her nds and she cant see it

frown.gif

fatherjack

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Dunno if this help but...........

couldnt run this straight away on my EDGE, or after ARM7 with simcity donor either.

Needed to use ARM7 fix with donor of #2337 summon night twin age (worked for Sonic Chronicles as well)

Give this a try
wink.gif

arcania

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Hey there, I'm having the same problem with the save file. I tried the ARM7 fix, but it still didn't work. The only reason I can think of that may cause it is because I'm using NinjaPass X9...? Could anyone maybe tell me if there's an alternative(or if my flash card sucks as much as I think it does)?

Deii

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've got it working now using the Arm7 fix but whenever I try WiFi or configuring my WiFI settings through the game it feezes, light still keeps blinking though. Anyone else having this problem?

arcania

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Edit: Ok, I somehow managed to get it to work by using Bomberman2 ARM7, but now when I reset the game it actually formats my save data (it literally goes "formatting save data, please wait"), I have no idea what to do now.;

Bloodangel

Trophies
XP
Country
aewolf said:
Using the latest YSMenu release and I didn't have any trouble with the game if that's any incentive to give it a shot.

Hi m8, how would my mom install this onto her R4? Is it easy to use?

Thanks for the info

sweenish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
easy to use, yes

hunting down all the files and knowing how to build it can be a hassle the first time or two. luckily we have those stickies

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @AncientBoi, don't worry atleast that video is a parody +1