Homebrew iSlayer DS *Halo-based Homebrew* -Need to expand team!

BusDriver

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
--If you came to flame, please leave--

Ok, so here is the deal.
After my failed foray into a Quake-based Halo DS, we put together a new team and have begun work on iSlayer.
Models and maps are practically coming out of our arses here, while images, sounds, and other game files are being set aside, waiting to be used.
But while everything else zooms ahead... the engine lags behind schedule.
The 2 DS coders we have each have conflicting ideas, each making seperate engines, trying to get the other to merge with them. So I come here asking for help...
Basically, any and all available coders familiar with DevKitPro and making 3D/FPS games are needed. We NEED to speed up the development of our engine.
Below is our only update on our new NON-QUAKE BASED project. All iHalo videos can now be considered old.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owv3gXlvYm0

www.iSlayer.org and www.Halo4iPhone.com

Please, we need all the help we can get, and our situation is most... time sensitive. If you have any questions, please MSN me at [email protected] . And yes... this is meant to be the successor to the piece-of-crap iHalo DS. Thank you for your time,
-BusDriver

PS- Yes, this IS a Halo-based game... it will center around multiplayer functions. And all models have been checked (save for the player models) to be compatible with the DS specs.

EDIT-
Never mind, coders got together... Expect an Public Alpha in a few weeks. This does not mean we will not be open to more members though!

shortperson1026

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yay looking forward to this
biggrin.gif

BusDriver

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We had to re-do the Spartan models... found out too late that the poly. limit on the DS was the TOTAL poly limit... so we had to reduce the poly. count on the Master Chief from 1100, down to 286... suprisingly, not much detail was lost :wtf:
And CobraDragon1020 just finishedan alpha, so we are making some real progress!

BakuFunn

Flameproof.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This looks extremely promising. Not really a halo fan, but any multiplayer FPS on the DS is welcome.

The models look amazing.

Good work, I hope you make it a good one
smile.gif

dahun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
please make it have online doesnt have to be like h3 or anything just some 4v4 slayer would be great

ShadowEO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like the new iSlayer models, Looks alot better than the old iHalo. I did try the beta of iHaloDS and I thought it was awesome. I never knew the things you could do when you mod quake (Referring to the sword lunge.). Can't wait to see how this project looks when it's finished
biggrin.gif

2lazy2name

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BusDriver said:
--If you came to flame, please leave--

Ok, so here is the deal.
After my failed foray into a Quake-based Halo DS, we put together a new team and have begun work on iSlayer.
Models and maps are practically coming out of our arses here, while images, sounds, and other game files are being set aside, waiting to be used.
But while everything else zooms ahead... the engine lags behind schedule.
The 2 DS coders we have each have conflicting ideas, each making seperate engines, trying to get the other to merge with them. So I come here asking for help...
Basically, any and all available coders familiar with DevKitPro and making 3D/FPS games are needed. We NEED to speed up the development of our engine.
Below is our only update on our new NON-QUAKE BASED project. All iHalo videos can now be considered old.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owv3gXlvYm0

www.iSlayer.org and www.Halo4iPhone.com

Please, we need all the help we can get, and our situation is most... time sensitive. If you have any questions, please MSN me at [email protected] . And yes... this is meant to be the successor to the piece-of-crap iHalo DS. Thank you for your time,
-BusDriver

PS- Yes, this IS a Halo-based game... it will center around multiplayer functions. And all models have been checked (save for the player models) to be compatible with the DS specs.

EDIT-
Never mind, coders got together... Expect an Public Alpha in a few weeks. This does not mean we will not be open to more members though!
Will we need extra RAM for this homebrew?

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Given that the last post in this thread was from April 30th 2009 with no updates for the project beyond a proposed alpha release 'in a few weeks', I think it's pretty safe to say that the project is dead.
Or at the very least, the project is dead HERE. Search elsewhere if you insist on finding out more about this most likely dead project.

Hyper3D

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
m.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Yes, iSlayer is dead.

But not iHalo. We've got a brand new engine for the iPhone that surpasses the graphics of Halo CE.
Except the DS version has been put on hold until we finish the iPhone version.

bluebowser31

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, after posting that, i realized (in bed) that microsoft would kill anyone who tried to make money off of halo, so nm
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, lol