Homebrew FF7 Advent Children NesDS

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably SoL... Most mappers give very little to the games, but there are a few that actually give additional function... like some physics calculations for pinball games (pinbot and highspeed use this specialty mapper). I'm not even sure what version mapper this FF hack game uses.

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Although on further thought, I seem to recall that someone made a version of PocketNES (GBA-side NES emulator) which supported it. I'll look into it.

EDIT: Yes, someone made a modified version of PocketNES with support for the FF7 NES mapper and posted it here, but removed it again due to copyright issues. As far as I know the emulator core alone (minus the questionably legal ROM) was not posted anywhere, but you may be able to find the prebuilt ROM somewhere.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vague Rant said:
Although on further thought, I seem to recall that someone made a version of PocketNES (GBA-side NES emulator) which supported it. I'll look into it.

EDIT: Yes, someone made a modified version of PocketNES with support for the FF7 NES mapper and posted it here, but removed it again due to copyright issues. As far as I know the emulator core alone (minus the questionably legal ROM) was not posted anywhere, but you may be able to find the prebuilt ROM somewhere.

I went back to the PH mod board, found the original links I edited out of that post, and the download link gives some Chinese error message now, and doesn't return a result on Archive.org's wayback machine. Finding the download could be rather tricky.

I don't think he ever posted the modified emulator core anywhere, just the pre-built one, which is why we removed the download link from the post since we were unsure of the legality of the situation.

EDIT: if it helps at all, the filename you're looking for is [NJ063] Final Fantasy VII Â????VII(????).7z

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well then. That would explain why in the mod post I mentioned "being forced to open it in IE" at one point. I am an idiot.

Okay, so the download link is still alive. Probably shouldn't link to it still, due to questionable legality and all.

James_Wulfe

OP
Trophies
Website
okami-designs.ath.cx
XP
Country
United States
Thank you all so much, i know this game is far from a FF7 remake and all but being able to play it on a portable system has always been a dream of mine even if it is a bad clone. I will look into all of this and post of my success if any as i do my research.
moogle.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn