Gaming Brawl disc read error with USB Loader

• Thread starter konk3r
  • Start date
  • Views 7,943
  • Replies 18
K

konk3r

OP
I'm trying to play through subspace emissary in Brawl with USBLoader GX and everytime I kill kirby I get a "An error has occurred. Remove disc etc etc etc" message. I tried playing it with the actual disc and it worked fine so I got past that area and saved to try starting there when I was playing with USB Loader. When I tried playing through skyworld from that save the same thing happened- as soon as I went through the door at the end of that first area I got that screen again. I'm on cIOS rev 14, just updated USB loader and the wii firmware. I tried re-ripping the game directly in USB Loader and it didn't change anything.

I'm wondering if theirs a special way I need to rip the disc for it to work right or any special settings I need to use in USB Loader to get around this, or if I'm just screwed here.

jabmaster2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PRoblem with the new cios 14. Some of the vids freeze give error. Nothing u can do but play from disk or use older rev

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
umm, yeah i'm on rev 14 as well, and everytime i beat the all-star mode, after the coin shooting thingie, when a video should come up saying congratulations, it gives me the error has occured thing.

So it's rev 14's fault huh? mmmm ok what if i install hermes cios, will it work correctly if i pick that in usbloader gx?

what about running the original copy? will i still have that error? (note that i have a wiikey v1 modchip)

help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

dreamcast

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the only problems ive ever had was brawl not working when i didnt have the usb loader, but thats because i had a launch date wii that couldnt read dual layered discs...

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
well no one had problems before
smile.gif

The question is, did you try it with cios rev14? finish all star mode with any character, and you'll see that error
smile.gif

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
well, i installed hermes cios 222 and changed usbloader gx to load that instead of waninkoko's cios rev14, and now brawl wont give that error anymore

Hope that helps as a temporary solution for USBloader users..

cobleman

Trophies
XP
Country
Well there is no need to downgrade the cios 14 to play SSBB all you need do if your useing USBloader-GX is install Hermes 223 ios and use the settings block ios reload on and ios 223 and your ready to play brawl again you can also use Hermes 222 ios as well i hope this helps a few people
PS when you exit the game dont click on Wii menu click on reset to avoid a black screen

I just went to my cousins and i had to set the language to English in the game settings for the game to work just stick with the 222 or 223 with block isoreload and it will work

isoku

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I tried using both hermes 222 and 223 ios with and without "block ios reload" on. Instead of an error I get a black screen now after beating kirby in subspace.

rauthelegendary

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm using Hermes 222 and 223 IOS aswell, block IOS reload on and all that with USB Loader GX. System menu 4.1E and a PAL copy of Brawl. Although mine gives a white screen right after the first loading screen. Instead of playing the intro it just whitescreens. Is it because I used a back-up DVD to install the game on my harddrive or perhaps because I didn't use a layerbreak? I'm not sure whether I did insert a layerbreak or not, but the game works fine when using the DVD. (I do, however, have a Wiikey v1 installed)

Vsin

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have just gotten into playing Brawl, this comes in handy and has helped me with getting a couple other games to work as well. Before, I never had used the CIOS's from Hermes and it's proving to be quite useful.

motakay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

1337Rooster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to contribute to this thread as I am having the same problem, not with a usb launcher though.

I am loading brawl through the disc channel (I believe it actually uses NeoGamma in the background or something, not sure). I followed these two guides to mod my disc channel.
http://my.afterdawn.com/larrylje_redwings/..._entry.cfm/3809
http://my.afterdawn.com/larrylje_redwings/..._entry.cfm/3810

I also tried loading it explicitly from homebrew channel -> NeoGamma R7.

My original copy of brawl works without problems.
I see this issue in both my dvd9 and dvd5 backups of brawl. (DVD9 I made following this guide, file size seemed okay)

So it seems the solution is to install Hermes CIOS? I'll give that a try and let you guys know the results. Although, I'm in the middle of some research, I don't fully understand what the IOS is, it looks like I can install multiple IOS? Do I need to remove CIOS? Is there a safe way to do this before installing heremes?
----
I installed hermes 222. Although, I don't see an option to select the ios it uses. It seems to say I'm still using rev 14 in the bottom. Is there a way to change this? Should I be using a different disc launcher?

boof222

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
just a tip 4 u guys
if ur still having a problem with brawl on hermes 222/223 on gx try uloader it works 4 me.
coz brawl wont work wwith those settings turned on on usb loader gx

afgzgo93ther

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you're using a usb loader and have CIOS38 rev14, just install CIOS38 rev12. It will overwrite rev14 and every game should be playable. Works for me and i use usb loader gx and wiiflow usb loader. btw, wiiflow is the best usb loader.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s