Hacking Metroid Prime Trilogy

mahern4

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone able to get this game to load off an USB drive? I'm able to get through the menu but when I try to start a game it resets the system. Is there a fix??

Thanks!!

UPDATE -fixed
Wow, many pages and the answer is in the first few posts.
blink.gif

Just pick 'alt dol from disk' in gx or cfg loader. Below it, there will be four alt dols: one for the menu and three others for the games(in Cfg a menu pops up when you load the game). Not using any alt dol should lead you to the menu.

I believe Configurable USB loader works a little better. GX has issues saving the load settings so if you get a black screen use Cfg loader.

You need to make a save file for one of the games before you play it...do this through the menu.

MP3 will not work if you have Cios14 installed. Use a previous release.

Thats it, no weird extraction or anything like that. The alt dols are within the iso file you put on the USB device.. no disk or additional files are physically/additionally needed.
Also, make sure you have the right ISO file. It needs to be 'unscrubbed' and the final size for me was 7.91 gigs. Even with the files in rar format, the size is still over 7gigs.

Update 2
Loading the game as mentioned above will now be displayed in 480p. To get it to run in 480p do this:

From Rypaul-
If you are using the alt dol method then use Neogamma and set the region
options like this
Force video: 480p
Patch video: All

I can actually notice a pretty big difference in the gameplay. I don't think any other USB loader is able to do this. Also, it's actually 'Force video: NTSC480p'....to be exact.

Neogamma thread is here:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=158884

Thanks Rypaul for this info and Wiipower for loader.

Issue(s)- The only problem I ran into is when you choose a game it automatically chooses 'veteran' difficulty and not 'normal'. I played about an hour of the first game before I realized this...the game's not really that hard. And shit, it's six years old...challenge yourself.
evil.gif

You can use only one save profile.
On the upside to this, you don't have to go through the menu and all the other BS to get to the game. Once you load the game through USB loader it takes you straight to last save point.
smileipb2.png

Thanks!!! Jabmaster2 and Skater4599 and Rypaul and Wiipower

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes as previous poster replied use an alt-dol method from disc, however i believe there is a dol for each game MP1, MP2 and MP3. so you have to alt-load that dol based on what game your goin to be loading from the menu. Which will require you to rename each of those dols accordingly based on which game your going to play (This is what i gather from other posts/topics, there doesnt seem to be solid info anywhere atm, but once i get my hands on this i will do some extensive testing and reprt findings asap)

Somone please correct me if i am wrong, for all our sakes ^^
biggrin.gif

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've asked in another thread but this one seems more appropriate for these questions.

Has anyone burned this game to a dual layer disc and got it working, what layer break did you use?

Has anyone tried Hermes IOS 222 37 merge 36 and used the block IOS reload option in USB loader GX?

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think there is any other place, unless somone who has pulled them off the disc already is willing to share them, but they are illegal and are nintendo code so don't ask for links here.

jabmaster2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
USB loader loader alt dol from disk dosent actually need the disk. It means it looks through the games dols in the program and u just select which dol to use. So u don't have to use wiiscrubber to get the dol. Also yeah I do think like someone said u need a game save first do that kinda sucks.

AdamBrunt

Trophies
XP
Country
that's not too bad. IIRC you had to play WSR at least once of a DVD before USB Loaders would recognise it.

So does the game make 1 save game file for all 3 games or 1 each ? ie do I just need to play any of them once or all of them once before alt dol on Loader GX will work ?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
AdamBrunt said:
that's not too bad. IIRC you had to play WSR at least once of a DVD before USB Loaders would recognise it.

Lol, you did not have to. And i think this game is similar, most likely you only need to run the game once normally and let it create a savegame. But do you expect that this is tried from somebody who wants to download the .dol used for "alternative .dol loading from disc"?

imapterodactyl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Skater4599 said:
I've asked in another thread but this one seems more appropriate for these questions.

Has anyone burned this game to a dual layer disc and got it working, what layer break did you use?

Has anyone tried Hermes IOS 222 37 merge 36 and used the block IOS reload option in USB loader GX?

Works fine burned on dual layer. Could't tell you what the layer break was, as I didn't set it myself. The .iso came with a .dvd that told Imgburn where to put the break.

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
imapterodactyl said:
Skater4599 said:

Works fine burned on dual layer. Could't tell you what the layer break was, as I didn't set it myself. The .iso came with a .dvd that told Imgburn where to put the break.

Thanks for your reply, Is there any chance you could check in imgburn and check your setting for burning this, would be nice to avoid wasting DL expensive coasters if possible ^^

Edit: DarkCamui has an even better idea, can you upload the .dvd file please, id love to have it also thanks

DarkCamui

Trophies
XP
Country
imapterodactyl said:
Skater4599 said:

Think you can PM me the .dvd file for the layerbreak? Since it's a very small file it should be no problems.

Thanks
smile.gif

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DarkCamui said:
imapterodactyl said:
Skater4599 said:

Think you can PM me the .dvd file for the layerbreak? Since it's a very small file it should be no problems.

Thanks
smile.gif
Or he could open the .DVD file with notepad and post the layer break for everyone.

coolbho3000

GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
DarkCamui said:
imapterodactyl said:
Skater4599 said:

Thanks
smile.gif
I don't think the .dvd file would be copyrighted. It's completely generated by the imgburn?

AdamBrunt

Trophies
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
Lol, you did not have to. And i think this game is similar, most likely you only need to run the game once normally and let it create a savegame.

Could have sworn that, when the game first came out, you could only see the 'automatic' Motion+ plus video if you loaded the game off disc ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.