Homebrew Homebrew Channel upside down

• Thread starter CasperH
  • Start date
  • Views 79,001
  • Replies 68
C

CasperH

Hello,

I wanted to use the HackMii installer 0.4 so I installeled a orginial IOS 36 (version 1042 probably).
After that I upgraded my cIOSCORP pack to 3.4 (had 3.2 before) and now my Homebrew Channel is pure awesommness.
It is totally upside down but if I start a app it is all normal... Some kind of anti-piracy meassure?
Please help me with my lulz problem
ph34r.gif

ozguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like something you would expect to see on april 1st.

Are you sure your system date is correct? Lol

ca_michelbach

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I seriously doubt it is upside down...but if by some bizzare circumstance it has (i.e your wii is different to EVERYONE elses), it isn't causing you too much trouble. Live with it!

C

CasperH

Nah, I am serious.
Date is today so nothing there.
Try to reproduce the problem yourself as I am installing the original IOSes again.

1. (probably optional) Install cIOSCORP 3.2.
2. Install cIOSCORP 3.4
3. Install IOS 36 (oldest version) and IOS 60 (probably optional) and trucha bug them.
4. Run HackMii installer 0.4 and install homebrew channel (if it says no vulnerable IOS found, try to install non-trucha bugged version of IOS 36 and IOS 60 (same versions as before).
5. Look at the awesomness
biggrin.gif

I would like to hear some results
smile.gif

@ca_michelbach
How can it not bother me? XD

ca_michelbach

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well I'd hardly notice it was upside down...access through bootmii and navigate with GC controller. I'm lazy though so...

Also I'd still like to see an image or I don't believe it

C

CasperH

ca_michelbach said:
Well I'd hardly notice it was upside down...access through bootmii and navigate with GC controller. I'm lazy though so...

Also I'd still like to see an image or I don't believe it
I will try to make some pictures but I don't guarantee I will ;-)
I would appreciate it if you (or somebody else) would try and reproduce the problem according to my previous post.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
funny... there is no way it's a bug or a downside of modified IOS installation (these things does not even know about the Video hardware) so this has probably be done on purpose, i'm curious what does trigger this exactly ?

...or you are fooling us with your TV having a special function to flip the screen, I just find this rather surprising Twiizer Team would add some kind of "anti" piracy easter eggs, they are no so childish usually...

C

CasperH

Jacobeian said:
funny... there is no way it's a bug or a downside of modified IOS installation (these things does not even know about the Video hardware) so this has probably be done on purpose, i'm curious what does trigger this exactly ?

...or you are fooling us with your TV having a special function to flip the screen, I just find this rather surprising Twiizer Team would add some kind of "anti" piracy easter eggs, they are no so childish usually...
Neither am I.
Believe me and if you don't, try it yourself
yaynds.gif

C

CasperH

They probably don't have intention to fix it since it is (probably) caused by piract but I will report it anyway
smile.gif

Adr990

To boldly go where no man has gone before!
Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
@ CasperH,
I have that Toshiba HDD too.
biggrin.gif
tongue.gif

Also, kinda weird...

I don't think it was a joke/easter since otherwise the png images, apps etc should have stand normal I think.

I think it was a TV/Wii Video Problem.

C

CasperH

Adr990 said:
@ CasperH,
I have that Toshiba HDD too.
biggrin.gif
tongue.gif

Also, kinda weird...

I don't think it was a joke/easter since otherwise the png images, apps etc should have stand normal I think.

I think it was a TV/Wii Video Problem.
Hehe lol, didn't think anyone would pay attention to it
tongue.gif

I am almost sure it is a piracy ''easter egg'' as other apps don't have the same problem.

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If it were an anti-piracy feature, reinstalling it would not fix it...

More than likely it was just a dud install. You are using unreleased software (0.4) after all, and people do say that the HBC in Hackmii 0.4 is very buggy. The bootmii on the other hand seems to just be 0.3 with the bug (where it makes un-restorable backups) fixed.

C

CasperH

techboy said:
If it were an anti-piracy feature, reinstalling it would not fix it...

More than likely it was just a dud install. You are using unreleased software (0.4) after all, and people do say that the HBC in Hackmii 0.4 is very buggy. The bootmii on the other hand seems to just be 0.3 with the bug (where it makes un-restorable backups) fixed.
Reinstalling only fixed it when I dop-IOSed IOS30.
Was there even a changelog? I don't see any changed except for my lulz problem
yaynds.gif

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
According to Wiibrew, 1.0.4 had something to do with a Power button issue in Bootmii IOS (how it relates to HBC? Don't ask.)

Also, no real changelog. Without an official log, what is known so far is:

* The power button issue in Bootmii IOS is fixed...
* Backups made by bootmii can supposedly be restored again (fixed silly bug in 0.3 that made unrestorable backups)
* HBC version # updated to 1.0.4

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: @Xdqwerty how are you?