Status
Not open for further replies.

.Darky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
I'm not very fond of english dubbed games. Since some of you guys own the japanese rom, is there a possibilty you could make a patch to undub the english game? It would be very problematic to download the japanese release just to mkae an undub myself (200 mb).

If you can't, then please just unpack the rom and upload the sound data to rapidshare and provide me with the link via PM.

Thanks.

Bookwormz13971

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
By the time someone actually decides to make a patch (which is very much uneeded) You could have already downloaded the file and did it yourself. The English ROM didn't get released till maybe a hour ago give or take a few min and apparently you have the English version so I believe you can spare 3min-1hour to do this yourself.

.Darky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Now that I think about it, yes I can. : /

Fine, I'll just download the japanese rom.

Bookwormz13971

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yay that's good. I usually undub my games but Kingdom hearts voices don't really annoy me so I can just stick with it. Then again I neverp layed the Japanese version so I may go on youtube and see how the japanese actors sound.

Teny

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any chance you are going to release it after you finished?
Of course, you can take as long as you want. I will be playing with the English Dub then the Undub when I finished with the English one.

bwillb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TyRaNtM said:
The english version of this game have the voices changed, or only the videos?
all voice far as I know... the voice acting is actually pretty good so far, though the subs don't match exactly
tongue.gif

Crass

Rock me Dr. Zaius
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
Why would you want to undub this game in the first place? The emo voices sound fine for all the characters, and why would you want to change the classic disney characters voices (they sound like crap in japanese)?

TyRaNtM

I did some projects..
Trophies
Website
www.power-ups.net
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
bwillb said:
TyRaNtM said:
all voice far as I know... the voice acting is actually pretty good so far, though the subs don't match exactly
tongue.gif

I mean the voices when you move the character and attack.
The voices in the video are fully english dubbed.

TyRaNtM

I did some projects..
Trophies
Website
www.power-ups.net
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
First tests:
- sound_data.sdat is about 60 mb in both JAP and USA version. The difference is only some bytes.
- I tried swap the sound_data.sdat with the JAP version and the game doesn't load a new game.
- Movies are in .mods, i don't know if exist .mods editor.
- I tested with a DSTT 1.17a02 and YSMENU. Also the game is hex edited for anti-piracy.

bwillb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TyRaNtM said:
bwillb said:
TyRaNtM said:
tongue.gif

I mean the voices when you move the character and attack.
The voices in the video are fully english dubbed.
ah hm... sounds like the same actor, but I don't have the japanese rom to compare...

on a side note, what exactly is needed to replace sound files in a rom?

.Darky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
TyRaNtM said:
First tests:
- sound_data.sdat is about 60 mb in both JAP and USA version. The difference is only some bytes.
- I tried swap the sound_data.sdat with the JAP version and the game doesn't load a new game.
- Movies are in .mods, i don't know if exist .mods editor.
- I tested with a DSTT 1.17a02 and YSMENU. Also the game is hex edited for anti-piracy.

Damn, and I just finished downloading the japanese rom. D:

I'll try anyways.

I bet it'll work using the 1.18 firmware for the original R4.

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Crass said:
Why would you want to undub this game in the first place? The emo voices sound fine for all the characters, and why would you want to change the classic disney characters voices (they sound like crap in japanese)?
lol i completely agree japanese voiced Disney characters sound really awful.

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're not a fan of dubbed games (and this was always slated for an English release, it has Disney characters for cripes sake...) just use the menu patch on the original Japanese patch and enjoy the game in all it's glory.

Zerrix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Crass said:

Well, for one thing, I can understand a bit of Japanese (speaking wise), and what's better to learn how to Japanese than to listen to it (and communicate with other people). Unfortunately, I can't read Japanese, so I would only know bits an pieces in the story, but would not understand things like the items. I can read katakana, but it takes me awhile to translate to English.
Another would be because playing a game in a different language seems to be like a new game to me, so it wouldn't feel like the same exact thing when I play it through the second time.

EDIT - WTF!??! I am not Zerrix, I was signed in as Teny... How did this happen? I do not know a Zerrix.

Touch.Too.Much

Trophies
XP
Country
.Darky said:
I'm not very fond of english dubbed games. Since some of you guys own the japanese rom, is there a possibilty you could make a patch to undub the english game? It would be very problematic to download the japanese release just to mkae an undub myself (200 mb).

If you can't, then please just unpack the rom and upload the sound data to rapidshare and provide me with the link via PM.

Thanks.

Turn the volume down then you fool

Teny

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah... this might seem like a double post, but it's not, I was somehow signed into another account...

Crass said:

Well, for one thing, I can understand a bit of Japanese (speaking wise), and what's better to learn how to Japanese than to listen to it (and communicate with other people). Unfortunately, I can't read Japanese, so I would only know bits an pieces in the story, but would not understand things like the items. I can read katakana, but it takes me awhile to translate to English.
Another would be because playing a game in a different language seems to be like a new game to me, so it wouldn't feel like the same exact thing when I play it through the second time.

Makenboshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
my undubbing effort was a success
still testing the game though

steps :
1. hex edit your original rom (look for it urself
wink.gif
)
2. unpack both roms (JP & US)
3. copy both folder mv and snd to unpacked US rom
4. go to mv folder in US rom, delete file 839_en.mods and rename 839.mods into 839_en.mods
5. repack your rom
6. have fun

tested on edge 1.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16