Hacking HBC Loads upside down

Emeraldman94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On my 4,2 Wanin updated Wii with HBC 1.05 I loaded Boot Mii and selected load HBC only to find the HBC Loaded upside down!!! WT heck. Did Ninty cause this or is it some easter egg or something??

UPDATE: The HBC will load upside down no matter how you load it on 4.2!!!!

UPDATE: You can fix this by installing a clean version of the IOS!!

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use DOP-IOS or something to install a non trucha-bugged IOS61. It's Team Twiizers' way of asking you to let their software run off of a normal IOS.

illinialex24

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
It means not everyone has this. You might have the issue, but not everyone does. It first off wouldn't have been released like that for everyone and I know people who have updated without it upside down.

chrisf

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just used the waninkoko 4.2 updater and mines upside down too. HBC 1.0.5 was right side up in 4.1. this blows

flusflus89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
From what I understand this happens only if you install HBC on a patched IOS with trucha bug enabled. Just install the ltest IOS for your HBC whatever that is without any modification and you're good to go.

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This error is caused by having a modified IOS that the homebrew channel runs on. To fix it, just install a clean version of the said IOS. I prefer to install a clean IOS61 , then run the hackmii installer. Since IOS61 isn't one you'd need patched for any reason anyway, it's a good IOS to keep clean for the purpose.

chrisf

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
s3phir0th115 said:
This error is caused by having a modified IOS that the homebrew channel runs on. To fix it, just install a clean version of the said IOS. I prefer to install a clean IOS61 , then run the hackmii installer. Since IOS61 isn't one you'd need patched for any reason anyway, it's a good IOS to keep clean for the purpose.

im right side up once again. thanks for the help. dont know how i got a trucha patched ios61. must have had something to do with me updating the wii shop channel so i could access it after the 4.2 update back when i was still on 4.1. its good to have my shiz straight again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well I believe I'm about to get hit with a spring sinus infuction
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Shame it wasn't Facebook that paused them
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Shame it wasn't Facebook that paused them