Hacking GUIDE: INSTALLING A CIOS AND RUNNING BACKUPS ON 4.2!!!&#33

operator10

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Note: Eventhough this guide is perfectly usable, we recommend you to use this one instead![/p]
I have updated the guide so that it is working (for 4.2) again!

This works on LU64 Wiis!

Another guide is provided below for Wiis that are 4.1 and lower.

Installing HBC

1. Download the package at the bottom of this guide.

2. Copy all of these files over to your SD card.

3. Click the SD card tab on the main menu screen.

4. A message will then pop up, click yes.

5. The "Hackmii Installer 0.5" will launch, and from there, you can install the HBC.

The 4.2 Guide!

Installing the CIOS

Restart the Wii then do the following:

1. Rerun the hackmii installer and install Bootmii as an IOS

2. Put the SD card in your PC.

3. Navigate to the cboot2>try this 1st folder.

4. Drop the Bootmii folder, boot.dol, and startup.elf from the "try this 1st folder" onto your SD card root.

5. Put the SD Card in your wii.

6. Start the Homebrew Channel and press home, then select Launch Bootmii.
The screen should trip out briefly then WAD Manager should start.

7. Choose the SD Slot and press A on each IOS, then press left or right to uninstall the 4 IOS available: 222, 223, 249, 250.

8. Exit the application.

9. Put the SD Card in your PC.

10. Go to your cboot2 folder and put the boot.dol there onto your SD card root to overwrite the one already there.

11. Start the Homebrew Channel and press home, then select Launch Bootmii.
This time it should start the cIOS installer.

12. Press left until you see do not reload IOS and choose WAD install.

13. Restart the wii, and go to the HBC, insert a backup, and choose "Softchip". Press A, and the backup should load.

Using a Backup Launcher

One of the apps provided is "Softchip", my favourite backup loader. This version of softchip is compiled to use the CIOS provided as default. (IOS 249 slot default, and 002 fix forced).
I have also provided softchip as a .wad file, and this can be installed by using the wad manager application, as the softchip channel.

1. Run "Softchip" through the homebrew channel, or install the .wad provided, and the backup will load.

You can also use Neogamma backup loader, or can use a different version of softchip if the provided version doesn't work, just Google it.

The 4.1 and Lower Guide!

Installing the CIOS (CIOS38 rev14).

1: Go to Homebrew channel and run Trucha Bug Restorer, load IOS36, press 1, read the warnings then select 'downgrade IOS15', select to load IOS from SD card then let it do its job.

2: Run Trucha Bug Restorer again, this time using d-pad left/right to change the IOS, load IOS15 on first screen, select the IOS36 menu & install patched (select 'yes' on all 3 patches) IOS36 to slot 36, again using IOS from SD card.

3: Run Trucha Bug Restorer again, load IOS36 and this time select restore IOS15.

Use this video to complete these three steps:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltrd3oq8hPc
BUT CHOOSE "LOAD FROM SD CARD" INSTEAD OF "DOWNLOAD IOS FROM NUS".

4: Run cIOS38r14 installer select IOS36 as the one it should use and then select wad install.[/B]

Using a backup launcher

One of the apps provided is "Softchip", my favourite backup loader. This version of softchip is compiled to use the CIOS provided as default. (IOS 249 slot default, and 002 fix forced).
I have also provided softchip as a .wad file, and this can be installed by using the wad manager application, as the softchip channel.

1. Run "Softchip" through the homebrew channel, or install the .wad provided, and the backup will load.

You can also use Neogamma backup loader, or can use a different version of softchip if the provided version doesn't work, just google it.

Please post any questions on this thread.

Download Files

(This package contains the NEW BANNERBOMB for 4.2 wiis.
Softmod package for 4.2:
http://rapidshare.com/files/288304921/Soft...FIXED_AGAIN.rar

(This package has the Bannerbomb exploit on it)
Softmod package for 4.1 and below:
http://rapidshare.com/files/287066619/Soft...1_and_below.rar

House Spider

In the GBAtemp attic.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net
XP
Country
Good Guide.
biggrin.gif

operator10

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
YES, YOU CAN INSTALL HERMES CIOS222 WITH THIS.

After following this guide to install the CIOS, you can use the offline method of HERMES CIOS installer to install it.!

bp2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
operator10 said:
YES, YOU CAN INSTALL HERMES CIOS222 WITH THIS.

After following this guide to install the CIOS, you can use the offline method of HERMES CIOS installer to install it.!
So just complete this guide and then run hermes offline installer

operator10

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
After finishing the guide, you will be able to install .wads.

The offline method will use .wads (I guess) and so I think it will work.

achilles902

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hi

I tried your guide I already have the homebrew channel so i skipped to the part where we uninstall the iso249 with wad manager but whenever i select the iso250 my wii remote loses sync with my wii and will not reconnect i have to manually shut it off and reboot. have had a boot loader before and i have no idea what it was i installed but i think that might have something to do with it. is there anyway of wiping anything i may have done in the past with iso's or downgrading from 4.2u? i have been trying to resolve this issue for the past few days with no luck what so ever.

I am currently running 4.2u firmware i had the hbc before and my nephew was over and updated i have been able to reinstall the hbc but can't seem to be able to do anything beyond that any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

jackdanielchan

Trophies
XP
Country
Does the package contain wads, 'cos as far as I know there illegal and shouldn't be posted with links on GBAtemp... However great guide keep the good work up!

fieldy2k

Trophies
XP
Country
I too am having problems when trying to choose IOS250 in wad manager.....all of the lights flash on the Wiimote and then the Wii stops responding, and the only way to restart the Wii is to hold the power button down.

This Wii was stupidly updated through Nintendo before any HBC was installed on it, but I've managed to get the HBC on there using the Hackmii Installer 0.5, but not had any luck with a backup loader, any advise would be hugely appreciated.

kornsk8er

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
achilles902 said:
hi

I tried your guide I already have the homebrew channel so i skipped to the part where we uninstall the iso249 with wad manager but whenever i select the iso250 my wii remote loses sync with my wii and will not reconnect i have to manually shut it off and reboot. have had a boot loader before and i have no idea what it was i installed but i think that might have something to do with it. is there anyway of wiping anything i may have done in the past with iso's or downgrading from 4.2u? i have been trying to resolve this issue for the past few days with no luck what so ever.

I am currently running 4.2u firmware i had the hbc before and my nephew was over and updated i have been able to reinstall the hbc but can't seem to be able to do anything beyond that any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
i dont think that is y its not working, im having the same problem and so are the people here http://www.tehskeen.com/forums/showthread....69350#post69350 i will try and figure it out and if i do i'll get back you, you could try anytitledeleter to remove things from your nand, but dont know if it works on 4.2, and i hear its not recomended to downgrade you wii from 4.2 cause it can brick

ajamils

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any update on this ? I just got a Wii and it has 4.2 menu. I was able to install HBC but I cannot install cIOS. Everytime I try to do that, the system hangs and I have to hard reset it.

achilles902

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
kornsk8er said:
achilles902 said:
hi

Thanks
i dont think that is y its not working, im having the same problem and so are the people here http://www.tehskeen.com/forums/showthread....69350#post69350 i will try and figure it out and if i do i'll get back you, you could try anytitledeleter to remove things from your nand, but dont know if it works on 4.2, and i hear its not recomended to downgrade you wii from 4.2 cause it can brick

I solved my problem about a week ago if yours is the same use this guide its what i used work great

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901

chinmoy

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello...this is a very step by step guide. I have a Wii which had 4.1E running and I had accidentally updated it to 4.2E. I am new to Wii and so did not do much research. I followed your steps and now I am able to play the cheap Wii game DVDs that I had bought from China through the Softchip channel. THANKS a lot!

My questions:
1. Can I also install Neogamma backup loader so that both Softchip and Neogamma have their own channels and I can use whichever I want to? If yes, could you please provide the steps to install Neogamma?
2. I want to install the Wii USB GUI loader so that I can play from the HDD with the downloaded ISOs directly without having to burn them on DVD-Rs. Can you please tell me if it will work on FW4.2 and if yes, how do I install it? I want to install the Wii USB GUI loader as the UI looks really cool! (saw it on Youtube...)

Thanks a lot in advance for your help and guidance!
smile.gif

Ozz465

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tried this method , all i get when i run usb loader gx or wiiflow i9 get stuck with a black screen afther i start a game , any ideas?

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Mhm..I didn't take a look at the package, but from what I've read, it looks like IOS249.wad is illegal to share (if it's the one that I think). You have to exclude it, so you can share the package here.

Also, I think we already have enough Tutorials...and some are a bit better...sorry
frown.gif
Cmurda187 said:
BTW operator10 I just stole your caps lock key and am holding it for ransom
If you only got the key, it doesn't matter...he still can activate the contact
rolleyes.gif
. And yes, I know this was a joke...
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.