Retro Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.thomas83lincodes.com
XP
Country
United States
wiiman123 said:
So what do you think about this project?
Thanks for the update
edit: Hopefully they release the source, I'd like to take alook at how they fixed the isfs error cause i couldn't, Cause i got that when complying StartPatch with the Newest PPC R18 had to use a Older Version.
I'd like to implement that myself

fishears

fishears
Trophies
Website
code.google.com
XP
Country
FenrirWolf said:
Kinda redundant since your Wii has to already be hacked for it to work, but hey. It can be done so why not?

Glad someone else said that. I was wondering the same thing. Its more of a technical exercise than something useful in the real world; Like cloning a sheep
wink.gif
Still GREAT WORK though!

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
lol, this is a simple patch to the system menu to jump off the detection of hacked saves... I bet you can simply use preloader and the appropriate patch to achieve the same thing, the patch and address to patch have been posted some time ago on gbatemp btw...

I wonder why they made a "special" homebrew just for doing this, this is nothing new or revolutionnary, not to say it will only work on Wii that already have a way to install fakesigned stuff and it's always dangerous to install the system menu manually

QUOTE said:
IOS249 is a temporary means to install the patches, another vulnerability will be used in the future.

I'm curious how they plan to install the system menu wad without custom IOS ?

they speak as if they were great "hack3rz" and as if they knew how to find new vulnerabilities in the Wii
rolleyes.gif

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The StartPatch/Preloader hack apparently stops the System Menu from deleting the TP Hack once installed, but the checks that keep you from copying the save in the first place remain in place. That's why he used FSToolbox to install it instead

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
this is still useless as it requires you already have a way to run homebrew and a way to install fakesigned titles

what the point of having the TP hack re-enabled if you don't need it anymore ?
wacko.gif

and, no matter what they are saying for "the future", this method will NEVER work on a virgin Wii, period

That's why advertising or teasing this app as it was a new revolutionnary one is stupid, seems like they only want some fame here (lol at their "credits")

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
Jacobeian said:
this is still useless as it requires you already have a way to run homebrew and a way to install fakesigned titles

what the point of having the TP hack re-enabled if you don't need it anymore ?
wacko.gif

and, no matter what they are saying for "the future", this method will NEVER work on a virgin Wii, period

That's why advertising or teasing this app as it was a new revolutionnary one is stupid, seems like they only want some fame here (lol at their "credits")

Agreed. 6 minutes time of my life gone. Forever.

baordeur

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
wiiman123 said:
by Tgames, Cashman

Important Notes on Video & Patch
================================
-The patcher can remove the deletion check on System Menu 4.1 and allow it function properly
-A homebrew (not developed in-house) was used to flash the original backup and replace it with the Team Twiizer Beta2.

This will be integrated in future homebrew in the final version, and during the patching of the system menu, the backup will be patched! Also, if you ever delete the backup, simply recreate a normal backup Zelda, then run the patcher in future development.

The video shows only part of the actual "patch". IOS249 is a temporary means to install the patches, another vulnerability will be used in the future.
================================

More information will be provided as it comes out.

So what do you think about this project?

News Source FAKE

Noooooooooo this is the SOURCE it's the OFFICIAL News Source

http://tgames.fr.nf/

Thomas83Lin

Retro Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.thomas83lincodes.com
XP
Country
United States
Jacobeian said:
lol, this is a simple patch to the system menu to jump off the detection of hacked saves... I bet you can simply use preloader and the appropriate patch to achieve the same thing, the patch and address to patch have been posted some time ago on gbatemp btw...

I wonder why they made a "special" homebrew just for doing this, this is nothing new or revolutionnary, not to say it will only work on Wii that already have a way to install fakesigned stuff and it's always dangerous to install the system menu manually

QUOTE said:
IOS249 is a temporary means to install the patches, another vulnerability will be used in the future.

I'm curious how they plan to install the system menu wad without custom IOS ?

they speak as if they were great "hack3rz" and as if they knew how to find new vulnerabilities in the Wii
rolleyes.gif
This is just a modified Source of Startpatchl, Though it Seems like this is a Backport of the RZDE HAXX patch thats already in the 4.2 StartPatch\preloader though i may be wrong about that but i think it is.
I would like to see how they fixed the isfs error, though it doesn't really matter cause complying with PPC R17 you dont get that error anyways, I only got it on PPC R18 So i'm not to worried about it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.