Not open for further replies.

sinbad.the.saile

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use this method to send pkm files to retail games via wifi to your gts gift center...
gbasp.gif

-Download the file attached to this post, unzip it wherever.
-If you don't already have Python 2.6 download and install the version that fits your OS from http://python.org/download/
-In the files you unzipped earlier, look for sendpkm.py. Drag the PKM file you wish to send onto that file. Note that the PKM file must be a party PKM, not one from storage.
-A window will pop up telling you to set your DS's DNS server to the given address. To do this boot your pokemon game on your DS and choose "Nintendo WFC Settings" from the main menu.
-Tap whichever connection you're using and edit the settings. Select "No" for Auto-obtain DNS and enter the address given to you by the program for the primary DNS.
-Save the settings and go into the GTS/GTC ingame. It may take a few moments, but the PKM file on your computer will be sent to your game. If your party is full it will be sent to box 1 of the PC.
-Don't forget to set the DNS settings on your DS back to normal if you want to use official online functions!

sendpkm.zip: http://www.mediafire.com/?ycydiznqzkz

Not my method, credits to LordLandon

Get the .pkm event files at: http://pkmdb.webs.com/eventpkm.htm
or http://www.projectpokemon.org/events/

Use PKMDS PC to Party Tool to convert between box (136 bytes) and party (236-byte) .pkm files: http://www.mediafire.com/?fga0f9w04jg2c6b

***Scroll Down for Troubleshooting and Common Mistakes***

...Theres also something called HyperGTS (better program) if you wanna look that up...

signz

Timelord
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hmm, sounds interesting. I'll try now with my Diamond Cartridge and send me a... Ditto
biggrin.gif
nah, I'll take the TRU Arceus
smile.gif

AWESOME! It worked perfect!
biggrin.gif

Very nice programm you got there, dude.
I'm just wondering if it would be possible to do/"emulate" that but for local wireless trades (as if you would trade with another DS)

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
THIS DOES NOT WORK WITH BLACK OR WITE, END OF STORY

Troubleshooting and Common Mistakes​
  • I've never actually been able to use my DS online, it won't pick up my network or won't connect because of some security type.
    In your start/globe menu, go to the "run" command. If you're on vista/7, you'd use the little white box near the bottom. Type in "CMD" and press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER. In the black box that comes up, type "ipconfig" and press enter. It'll list a series of four numbers as your "default gateway". Write those down. Go open any web browser, and enter the four numbers (like 192.168.x.x) into the address bar, and press enter.

A login box should come up. The username should be "admin" or blank, and the password can be anything from "admin" to "administrator" "pass" to "password" or "password1", or something else if you've set it differently. Ask whoever set up the router what the password to get into it is, or check this page. http://www.phenoelit-us.org/dpl/dpl.html

Then you'll be able to see what sort of wireless security settings you have set up. First make sure that SSID broadcasting is ON, then remember what the SSID is, it's the name of your network. Turn MAC address filtering off. You will need to change the wireless security type to WEP if it's on anything other than WEP. It'll have you make a pass key or phrase. WRITE. IT. DOWN. After you save the changes, you will need to enter that key on any machine (computer or game system) that you want to connect to the internet (or just change the settings back to what they were originally when you're done with the DS).

Then in the game (or DSi's main menu), go to the wireless settings. Have it scan, pick out your network from the list, enter the key/phrase when requested.
  • I drag the PKM file onto sendpkm.py, but a black command line box doesn't pop up.
    Make sure you have Python 2.6 installed (not a 3.x version).
  • The black command line box talks about a socket/connection error.
    Close out any program that uses the internet, especially skype and web servers such as apache (which by default will use port 80). For skype you can instead choose to go into it's settings, to advanced, and connections, there UNcheck the option to use ports 80 and 443. If you've done that and still get a connection error, and you're on a professional, business, or ultimate version of windows, you may need to disable IIS (the windows web server). To do that, go to the start menu, to "run" (or click in the white box at the bottom on vista/7), and run "iisreset /stop" without the quotes. Alternatively, open pokehaxlib.py in a text editor and scroll down to the line "serv.bind(("0.0.0.0",80)", change the "80" to something like "1493". If you're on Windows 7, the server may be active. To close it down, you go to Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services, then scroll down to World Wide Web Publishing Services. Hit the "stop" button. That should open up Port 80.
  • The black box instantly vanishes...
    Make sure you ACTUALLY UNZIPPED THE DOWNLOAD into a new folder. It will NOT run from with a zip/compressed folder.
    Place all the files on your desktop, then in the start menu, go to "run", type CMD and press enter.
    Then type CD Desktop and press enter.
    Then type sendpkm.py Pokémon.pkm, replacing "pokemon" with the name of the PKM file you want to send. Press enter, and tell us what it tells you.
  • The IP address it tells me to use doesn't let me connect to the GTS, or it's giving me one other than 192.168.x.x (or 10.x.x.x) to change to.
    It should be telling you to set the DS to your computer's local/LAN IP, but for one reason or another isn't detecting it properly. In your start/globe menu, go to the "run" command. If you're on vista, you'd use the little white box near the bottom. Type in "CMD" and press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER. In the black box that comes up, type "ipconfig" and press enter. It'll list a series of four numbers as your IP address (they should look like 192.168.x.x), that's what you should change your DS's DNS servers to. If that doesn't help, go into safe mode (with networking). If that doesn't help, uninstall your security software, as many of them will stop something like this, and most of them will continue to block network stuff even when disabled.
    If that doesn't work and you're on windows 7, try this.
    Omega_2 said:
    All I know is that avast didn't even need to be OFF in the first place, for Windows Firewall, you'll have to set it to ignore/allow that app In Windows 7, you can put this in any Explorer window with an address bar, and either check for the app in the list, or add it:
    Control Panel\System and Security\Windows Firewall\Allowed Programs
    Allow it on BOTH Private AND Public networks, just to be sure. And I'm pretty sure it's Python that needs to be allowed, too.
  • I go into the GTS and I don't get a pokemon.
    Make sure you're editing the DNS of the connection you're using.
  • I get a 5xxxx error when connecting to the GTS.
    Security software on your computer may be stopping this from working, try temporarily disabling any security/firewall programs. Otherwise check your router's settings to see if it has any sort of LAN security policies in effect. Follow the instructions in the question above to see ipconfig info, copy down the "default gateway" address into the address bar of a browser and press enter. A login box should come up. The username should be "admin" or blank, and the password can be anything from "admin" to "administrator" "pass" to "password" or "password1", or something else if you've set it differently. Ask whoever set up the router what the password to get into it is, or check this page. http://www.phenoelit-us.org/dpl/dpl.html Failing that, try it from a different computer.
  • My router doesn't list any security settings that would block this, but I still get a 5xxxx error.
    In your control panel, open up "Network Connections", find your current network connection and double-click it. In the new window that comes up, click Properties near the bottom-left. In that new window, go to the "advanced" tab and check "Allow other network users to connect through this computer's Internet connection". OK all the boxes and then try again.
    Failing that, make sure no other computer in your house is using any sort of server software. This includes things like skype and other video/chatting programs, and even some games.
  • It was working earlier, but I suddenly get a 5xxxx error.
    Like above, check to make sure nobody else in your house is running any server. Barring that, power cycle the router by unplugging it's power source for 2 minutes and plugging it back in.
  • It tries to send the PKM file, but wonky stuff happens...
    It HAS to be a PKM of a pokemon directly from a party, not from a pc box! The non-event files on pkmdb.com appear to all work, I'm not sure if an event pokemon with a wondercard inserted will work. If you intend to create/edit pokemon with pokesav, make sure to do it from the main screen, NOT the PC box window!
  • I'm on HeartGold/SoulSilver and I get a connection error right after the animation of the pokemon arriving finishes!
    This is normal, the game data is saved either during or right before the animation, so if you load your game and check your box you'll find the pokemon safely in there.
  • I'm on linux/OSX, can I still do this?
    You'll need to use it through the command line, rather than the graphical user interface. First, open a terminal, and switch to the directory of the folder the Python files are saved to, using the change directory command, like so:
    cd /path/to/folder/ Obviously, you'll replace "/path/to/folder/" with the path to the folder the files are in. =P If there are any spaces or non-alphanumeric characters in any folder of the path, then you should place quotes around it, otherwise, it may think you're trying to do something else and fail. After that, use the following to execute the Python script:
    sudo "/usr/bin/python" "sendpkm.py" "Pokémon.pkm"

The "sudo" means you're accessing the root account, the account that has pretty much absolute power over your system. So, be careful with commands that use this. You will need to use an administrative account password to use this command. Replace the 'Pokémon' with the name of the PKM file you want to distribute. After that, you should see the encoding message, followed by the DNS to use. You shouldn't have to replace anything else, unless you've changed the Python files' names.

This should work on both Mac OS X and Linux. I hope it helps you. ^^
    Instructions from Shadow Jolteon.

Pedro250

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i can set my dsi dns server to the one that the program tells me to.
It tells me to put the follow adress: 127.0.0.1 as dns but the dsi says that the setting are invalid.

Poryhack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OP: I don't appreciate when people copy/paste stuff I've written with no mention of where it came from.

You should also thank LordLandon for this.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
but this still requires like a nintendo(or similar) wifi stick or router? wouldnt work with a laptops w-lan card, would it?

(yeah, seriously, i still suspect wifi to be the work of witches)

sinbad.the.saile

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Poryhack said:
OP: I don't appreciate when people copy/paste stuff I've written with no mention of where it came from.

You should also thank LordLandon for this.

Yup its his not mine, never said it was mine

Posts merged

QUOTE(` regret . @ Mar 6 2010, 09:19 PM) Wouldn't you be able to pokesav an ultimate team then sell the retail cart on ebay?

Ppl already do that...

AAcrazyman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1 up to u dawg! i dont have a retail game... but i hear great things, and when i buy one i plan to use this!
biggrin.gif

JudgeChief

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't get it to work. Im using Python 2.6 on Windows 7. The command window comes up and disappears right away.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I dont get it, where am I supposed to go in the game?

Ive set the dns as it told me, went into the gtc and only got an error message that it couldnt connetc to wifi

it even gets 3 bars of connectivity, but they vanish after some time

whats going on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: im going off now...I'll turn off my brain