epfmy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Hi,

I had write a small utility to generate out possible combinations of the Voltorb Flip Game in Pokemon HG/SS.

There are 5 x 5 boxes which represents the flip cards in the game. Then 2 boxes at the right side and also 2 boxes below which is the total coin / voltorb of the row.
To start using, enter total coins / voltorb for each rows and columns and click Run button.
After that, whenever you had flip a card in game, click on it on this utility and update the coin to filter out the possibilities.

However, this is not 100% correct, its only shows you possible outcome of the game.

Program compiled under Visual Studio 2008 (Might required .NET 3.5).
Below is the download link.
Voltorb Flip Calculator

* Sorry for my bad grammar.

Thanks.

*Updated v1.0.5

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
YayMii said:
RupeeClock said:
Personally I think this is better. It allows you to fill in the 'zero voltorb' lines to be more accurate, and it allows you to add the ones you flipped as you go.
The downloadable one does as well, you click a square and then change the value in the upper-right.

Also tabbing works correctly on the bottom row in the downloadable one.
tongue.gif

On the online one, it goes from one number to the next row's number, instead of number>voltorb amount.

ALSO also, the downloadable one shows you the percentage chance of each square having a voltorb, so you can find the safest one to flip to continue and recalculate.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Rydian said:
The downloadable one does as well, you click a square and then change the value in the upper-right.But that takes longer than the online one, where you could type in the flipped cards from the zero row seamlessly from the start, along with any other cards you may have flipped.
Rydian said:
Also tabbing works correctly on the bottom row in the downloadable one.
tongue.gif

On the online one, it goes from one number to the next row's number, instead of number>voltorb amount.I don't press tab that often. I only use it if my wireless mouse batteries die.
QUOTE(Rydian @ Mar 30 2010, 10:10 PM)
ALSO also, the downloadable one shows you the percentage chance of each square having a voltorb, so you can find the safest one to flip to continue and recalculate.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
YayMii said:
Rydian said:
The downloadable one does as well, you click a square and then change the value in the upper-right.But that takes longer than the online one, where you could type in the flipped cards from the zero row seamlessly from the start, along with any other cards you may have flipped.Good point, didn't realize the downloadable one didn't let you key in stuff you've slipped before calculating.
frown.gif

Feature request. XD

YayMii said:
I don't press tab that often. I only use it if my wireless mouse batteries die.
If you're saying you don't have a keyboard in reach, then how are you typing the numbers?
tongue.gif

QUOTE(YayMii @ Mar 31 2010, 12:32 AM)
Meh.
I find that feature invaluable, so I'll be using both of these in tandem.

Fucking quote number limit, seriously.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
After playing with them some more I have to change my vote to the online one partially, because the downloadable one DOES just take too long on higher levels.
frown.gif

Monkey: You're supposed to flip the ? tiles, those are the ones that have the lowest chance of being a voltorb. You're just unlucky.

You know, for being a replacement to gambling, this game is based on a lot of chance/luck. XD

monkey316

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Rydian said:
After playing with them some more I have to change my vote to the online one partially, because the downloadable one DOES just take too long on higher levels.
frown.gif

Monkey: You're supposed to flip the ? tiles, those are the ones that have the lowest chance of being a voltorb. You're just unlucky.

You know, for being a replacement to gambling, this game is based on a lot of chance/luck. XD

Cheers I thought it might of just been my bad luck

haha yes this is still gambling the only difference is you dont have to put in any money to play so you can never really "lose" money

Also with the Voltorb Flip Calculator app you should be able to edit the squares before you process the data, I imagine this would help at higher levels

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.