OP
Trophies
Website
www.eden.fm
XP
Country
Version 3.11 - 26 September 2021

update: 3DS support added to 3.0

A "3rd gen" rom trimmer for Nintendo DS(3DS/NDS/GBA)

NDSTokyoTrim3-ss2-600x402.png

Features
- Batch processing
- Recursive folder scanning
- Auto detection for Wifi games
- Auto detection of already trimmed games
- Auto fix of incorrect trimming from other trimmers
- Detection of brickers (viruses in roms)
- Extremely fast
- Trims 3DS, NDS and GBA roms, as well as DSi enhanced roms
- Unicode support in filenames
- GBA SRAM Patching
- RAR/ZIP/7zip support
- It works for all the currently known cards for DS (R4, Acekard, M3, CycloDS, G6 etc..)
- NDS Roms database

OS Compatibility
- 32/64-bit windows from XP to W8.1; Linux under wine
- Does NOT require .net

What’s New:

3.0: complete rewrite with 3DS support.

v2.5 beta
- Unicode support (filenames in japanese etc)
- Trimming of DSi enhanced roms
- Option to use normal list window
- Faster when using rar/7zip
v2.18
- Option to rename files to remove scene numbers. (like “0123 - abc.nds” -> “abc.nds”)
v2.17
- Option to check for existing files (to avoid overwriting) with “different output folder” option
- Extremelly improved GBA trimming routines, ~10x faster
- Fixed and improved GBA SRAM patching routines
v2.16
- Fixed: couldn’t select any file past the 256th with “process only selected” on
v2.15
- SRAM Patching for GBA Routines (experimental)
v2.10
- Extremelly improved GBA trimming routines
v2.01
- fixed: dragged compressed roms didn’t enable the trim button
- added save log button to the expanded log window
v2.0
- Ability to disable the background or use custom ones from a random list (or fixed one)
- Added command line option to import 1 compressed or uncompressed rom (drag to the .exe or use open with..)
- Alpha blending slider (window transparency)
- Faster start-up
- Fixed savings counter which was limited to 2GB.
- Fixed compatibility with win9x and Linux (wine)

ndstrim.png

Download http://eden.fm/ndstoykotrim//

Last edited by BrianTokyo,

BrianTokyo

NDSTokyoTrim Dev.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.eden.fm
XP
Country
ive been using this for weeks now. its great. not problems at all.
btw you should update that picture, the version looks outdatedÂ
wink.gif

Yeah I'll do that for the next version. It will have 2 progress bars, 1 for each single file and ill treat each rom in a different way. Right now it could semi freeze during loading/writing (but still work) if you load/save the roms straight to the memory card, since some flash cards are still pretty slow. So next version will fix that and add some more features then I'll update the ss
tongue.gif

SkH

Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
What's means WiFi detection?

Does it trims Download Play / Multiplayer games too, and with the new Download Play fixed R4 Loader supports it?

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It trims games so that they do not interfere with the RSA code (or whatever it is). I think how they do this is that they leave a padding on the end of each wifi game just in case. AFAIK it makes no difference to R4s download play, but you can try and find out for everyone
smile.gif

edit: if you mean the R4 loader thats coming in the future that supposedly fixes DP, maybe it will work with that. It works for Cyclo thats for sure

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
1-wish it could aslo trim the roms that are patched on G6. u know, the g6's program patches the rom to be able to run 'em on DS, wish ur program could do that too since i dont usually store clean roms.

2- as my experience, the size of trimmed rom is more likely to its RARed version, u know, how they rar the rom 3 or 4 times, maybe RAR uses a technic to not to store the empty or filled blocks.

3-add a button to stop searching or so, sometimes it gets into like infinite loops.

4- add radio buttons in left of ur list, so we can chose which roms we want to trim.

5- improve logging in that text box.

good job!

edit:

6- it would be nice if you add recursion for Zip (and RAR for ur future version) too, since i have ZIP files which have the actual rom inside another folder inside zip file and ur current version doesnt find it (beware of a bug which can happen here, do the recursion just certain steps or it may ...)

7- nice blog u have! i really love Japan and i'm learning it (soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo SLOWly, but ..
frown.gif
) and i love the japanese stuff u have in ur blog. wish it wasnt SO hard to work/study in japan so i could come there. once i watched the stores that still sell old consoles and i started to cry ..., i know a idiom too, hanayori dango!
smile.gif

BrianTokyo

NDSTokyoTrim Dev.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.eden.fm
XP
Country
1-wish it could aslo trim the roms that are patched on G6. u know, the g6's program patches the rom to be able to run 'em on DS, wish ur program could do that too since i dont usually store clean roms.

2- as my experience, the size of trimmed rom is more likely to its RARed version, u know, how they rar the rom 3 or 4 times, maybe RAR uses a technic to not to store the empty or filled blocks.

3-add a button to stop searching or so, sometimes it gets into like infinite loops.

4- add radio buttons in left of ur list, so we can chose which roms we want to trim.

5- improve logging in that text box.

good job!

edit:

6- it would be nice if you add recursion for Zip (and RAR for ur future version) too, since i have ZIP files which have the actual rom inside another folder inside zip file and ur current version doesnt find it (beware of a bug which can happen here, do the recursion just certain steps or it may ...)

7- nice blog u have! i really love Japan and i'm learning it (soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo SLOWly, but ..
frown.gif
) and i love the japanese stuff u have in ur blog. wish it wasnt SO hard to work/study in japan so i could come there. once i watched the stores that still sell old consoles and i started to cry ..., i know a idiom too, hanayori dango!
smile.gif

1- Forgive my ignorance, what's G6?
tongue.gif

3- err there is one.. however, if you load/write to the microSD straight it might semi-freeze during loading/saving due to the slow speed of the flash memory (it's still working though). I will fix that in the next version

4- I will add that too, you'll be able to select straight from the listbox. Dunno why you'd want to skip trimming on some roms though
tongue.gif
It detects already trimmed roms and skips them.

5- What would you like to be added in the log?

6- That takes quite a bit more of work, I don't think I will add that anytime soon.

7- Glad you like it
biggrin.gif
It works more like a personal link resource etc for myself and friends. I am going back to Tokyo by Christmas. You don't really need to speak japanese though to go there and even stay; even though most japanese people don't speak good english you can still get around easily. If you wanna see some pics.. click on Tokyo http://www.techsuki.net/wonderland/index.py/Japan

BrianTokyo

NDSTokyoTrim Dev.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.eden.fm
XP
Country
What's means WiFi detection?

Does it trims Download Play / Multiplayer games too, and with the new Download Play fixed R4 Loader supports it?

Some games have online play via wifi. There are 136 bytes after the rom which need to be preserved so that online play works. My app detects those and keeps that piece of the file.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So true
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 Snow Day is pretty fun. My only bitch would be the camera controls, when you move around, say down, you have to move the right stick left or right to get camera to turn and get your view, other than that I like it so far.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I bet most people at the time still watched it in black and white
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Many of them did before colour television was common.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Likely because black and white TV was in-expensive.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It certainly wasn't inexpensive it cost the same as a new car back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much did a 1965 color TV cost?

For example, a 21-inch (diagonal) GE color television in 1965 had an advertised price of $499, which is equal to $4,724 in today's dollars, according to the federal government's inflation calculator.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, take into consideration how economy was back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why they listed inflation rates
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sorry didnt read that part
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    My first color TV was like 1984 or something lol