+-------------------------------+
| WAD Manager v1.0 by Waninkoko |
|ÂÂÂÂwww.teknoconsolas.infoÂÂÂÂ |

+--------------+
| DESCRIPTION: |
+--------------+

WAD Manager is an application for (un)install WAD packages.

It lists all the available WAD packages in a SD card so you can
select which ones to (un)install.

Includes Wiimote support.

+-------------+
| HOW TO USE: |
+-------------+

1. Create a folder called "wad" in the root of a SD card.
2. Copy all the WAD packages in the folder created in the step 1.
3. Run the application with any method to load homebrew.

+--------+
| KUDOS: |
+--------+

- bushing and marcan (the homebrew channel is great)
- all my testers (pistu, SoraK05, danny.ml...)

Original thread
Download (RapidShare)
Download (SendSpace)

He finally did it!
Buh-bye, WAD installer and WAD unisntaller...

Original Post:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=88018

Just thought alot of people don't read the User Submitted news so I wanted to give everyone the heads up!

retroguy

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I never noticed the User submitted news section, always ran straight ahead to the Wii Hacking section. But from now on i will take more notice of user's submitted news.

trent_fox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is awesome! I was just thinking about how convienent it would be not needing a computer for managing the wad folder.

EDIT: Just used it for a bit. It looks the same as the WAD installer: black background and white text. It uses the Wiimote, but not with a pointer. You traverse the list of WADs wit the d-pad and use the + and - buttons to install or uninstall. The home button exits.

The standard WAD installer will be more convienent if you want to install a lot of WADs at once. In this program, you select one to install and then wait for it to finish before selecting another. Still, pretty handy for keeping all your WADs stashed on the SD card and being able to install and uninstall all from the Wii without a PC.

Anorhc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DaWiis said:
Pictures of the app would be great. And a channel would be awesome (with banner)

It's just like the WAD Installer and Uninstaller: Black background with white text.

jinxvorheeze

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can add/remove files one at a time from a lsit, but it does not require the program to restart in between. Also, it is full filenames. They aren't cut short at all.

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't see why WADs are still required.

It would be more efficient to just read the Title IDs from the Wii's memory and select which ones to remove.

Though... I guess this prevents the newbies from uninstalling system channels...

jinxvorheeze

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
teq said:

It would be more efficient to just read the Title IDs from the Wii's memory and select which ones to remove.

Though... I guess this prevents the newbies from uninstalling system channels...

Well teq.... lets see.... THE WAD's ARE REQUIRED TO INSTALL THE GAME. And since now they don't have to be moved around at all and you are free to choose which you wish to add/remove at will, I don't see any reason to change the method. I see what your saying about choosing from a list of installed channels. Then you wouldn' have to sort through the list of wads on the sd card, and could also uninstall channels you no longer have the wad for. But one step at a time. This was a HUGE STEP today.

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jinxvorheeze said:
teq said:

Well teq.... lets see.... THE WAD's ARE REQUIRED TO INSTALL THE GAME. And since now they don't have to be moved around at all and you are free to choose which you wish to add/remove at will, I don't see any reason to change the method. I see what your saying about choosing from a list of installed channels. Then you wouldn' have to sort through the list of wads on the sd card, and could also uninstall channels you no longer have the wad for. But one step at a time. This was a HUGE STEP today.

I don't see how your argument is valid....

Of course the WADs are required to install the game -- where else does the data come from?

Waninkoko has already released several tools that read and write to the NAND, so there's no reason the WAD Uninstaller can't remove files using a text database.

epu708

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Indonesia
sorry for posting this question here, guys.
I can't find in which thread I read this:
when he/she uninstall a wad, there are 2 blocks missing.
It is like there is some left over on wii memory.
Is it true?
has anyone here noticed about this when install and uninstall wad?

alpha0000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Hope that the next releases would be Savegame Manager using the list of TitleID and IOS Patcher for wiiware.

The tools for wiiware are not enough. The way to extract/install save data and the way to play wiiware without updating wii to the latest firmware.

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
yeah and language forcing of wiiware

i like the ios patcher for wiiware

wanna experience FFCC

jinxvorheeze

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
teq... have you tried the WAD Manager? It is a database. It might not come off the Wii itself but if you install the WAD file, then there's no reason you can't just leave the file on the sd card and when you go to uninstall it you just select that game.

For those of you who have not used this program yet let me explain it to you.

It looks like the original wad (un)installer except instead of 2 programs you have only one. There is also a list of files that shows up (much like sdelf loader) and you can select which file you want. When you select the file you want (using the wiimote) you push the + sign to install or the - sign to uninstall. It goes through the (un)install process then puts you right back at the file list. When you are done adding/removing channels you push the home button to go back to the wii menu.

You don't need seperate directories, and you don't need to change files around on your SD card anymore. Just one wad directory on the root and you're good to go.

My point is valid because there would be no point in having 2 different programs when one program that lists all the available files is very efficient. I don't see how your point is valid.

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jinxvorheeze said:
It looks like the original wad (un)installer except instead of 2 programs you have only one. There is also a list of files that shows up (much like sdelf loader) and you can select which file you want. When you select the file you want (using the wiimote) you push the + sign to install or the - sign to uninstall. It goes through the (un)install process then puts you right back at the file list. When you are done adding/removing channels you push the home button to go back to the wii menu.

That's what didn't make sense before.

Combining them is more efficient. I just wish he'd write a tool to manage the NAND now.

jinxvorheeze

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I understand what you are saying now. Sorry, been a long day
laugh.gif
Yeah, I also wish he would make a NAND Manager. The project probably scares alot of developers since they don;t want you to hold them responsible for breaking their Wii (even if it's the user's fault, it wont look good on the developer). It goes back to the "hand a kid some matches and it's your fault he burned himself" saying. Legally there isn't anything anyone could do, but it still wont look good on the developers image.

elfsander

Trophies
Website
microse.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
You can't stop people from doing stupid things. If someone wants some free space on his harddisk and throws in a format C:\, then HE/SHE is responsible that he/she has to reïnstall Windows. On the Wii, however, an user error would result in a (semi) bricked wii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: We get 37 versions of Super Mario Bros but 0 of Beast Busters