Hacking Trucha discs stopped working... on 3.2U

trent_fox

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know what happened, but Trucha signed discs stopped working on my Wii, and I'm still on 3.2U.

Original games: work
Backups: work
Imports: work
Trucha signed discs: Brings up an error screen as soon as the disc is put in. It tells me to eject the disc and then reboot the Wii.

These discs worked before, so I know it's not a bad burn. They also play fine when loaded with the Gecko Region Free. I don't mind doing that to play them, I'm just curious as to why they stopped working. Anyone else have this happen to them or have any ideas? I assure you that I'm still on 3.2U, I didn't accidently update or anything.

jayparadox

Trophies
Website
pokemon-project.com
XP
Country
Spain
Is Nintendo secretly patching the IOS? Apart from that(it's only a joke
tongue.gif
), don't know what to say.

Maybe make a video of it or something.

trent_fox

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know what, now that I think about it, I did play Guitar Hero: Aerosmith. Could it be that they're rolling out trucha fixes on discs already?

jayparadox

Trophies
Website
pokemon-project.com
XP
Country
Spain
trent_fox said:
You know what, now that I think about it, I did play Guitar Hero: Aerosmith. Could it be that they're rolling out trucha fixes on discs already?
Open up the ISO and upload me the IOS30 from the update partition. I'll check to see if it's the new/patched version of it.

SenorClean

Trophies
XP
Country
Very interesting.... does the old twilight hack still work?

I've only seen GH:Aerosmith PAL floating around.... this could be dangerous if you've received an update from a PAL disc on your NTSC console!

jayparadox

Trophies
Website
pokemon-project.com
XP
Country
Spain
Ok, just seen the video. I don't know how the Wii reacts when a fakesigned disk in inserted, but I guess it should only display the "Cant read disk" screen on the Disk Channel.

I'll try to get a copy of that game(GH:Aerosmith) and check it out my self. I'm on 3.2E too, so it's quite similar
happy.gif

PD: Cool camera, the quality is amazing xD

trent_fox

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Check your PM jayparadox.

Thanks for commenting on the camera. It's a Canon HF10, it shoots 1080p and looks stunning.

jayparadox

Trophies
Website
pokemon-project.com
XP
Country
Spain
Just answered. I'll share with everyone here too: The IOS30 from that game isn't the updated/patched version. It's still the "old" one we all have in our Wii.
The problem must be coming from somwhere else.

trent_fox

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tried a few more things:

The old Twilight Princess hack that 3.3 broke still works on my system. The Wii makes no effort to erase it, and it still runs fine in the game.

Also, the HBC installer had no complaints about my console. It didn't warn about unknown versions like it does on 3.3 systems.

So the only thing affected is fakesigned discs. Who knows, maybe it's a perfect storm of system corruption that only manifests itself in this one instance. Has anyone else played Guitar Hero: Aerosmith and tried fakesigned discs after?

jayparadox

Trophies
Website
pokemon-project.com
XP
Country
Spain
Damn. I'll have to think about it better, and see if I can find any answer to *why* it's happening.

PD: Could you do a MD5 to the IOS31 file? That file is modified too with this new update stuff.

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
I had that error. Try unplugging wii for minute and then try disc. Sometimes wii is just thet *bitchy*

I had tris error when I had bad power....you know:
gniazdko%20podw%20bez%20uz%20D.jpg

How's it called? Anyway, try to unplug your wii from power, change the ^

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended