ROM Hack Disgaea translation

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I heard that this is a bad quickly made port, can anyone clarify that?

Nice to see more people go into translation (will keep those impatient types happy) but I can wait for the September release.

From what I've read there are some bits new to DS that aren't in the PS2/PSP versions.

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
An english version is already confirmed for later this year.. just have some patience people
tongue.gif

Shyvnal

Trophies
XP
Country
Interesting. I had a look myself, tried a few things but always ended up with a black screen. Looking at the ps2's data (http://pastebin.com/f7e0766fd):
The talk.dat 533kb, the ds's is 781kb, script.dat is 797kb, ds's is 882kb
I wasn't able to extract the data from the data.dat file but it would be awesome if it was in the same format

Noitora

::
OP
Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
Shyvnal said:
Interesting. I had a look myself, tried a few things but always ended up with a black screen. Looking at the ps2's data (http://pastebin.com/f7e0766fd):
The talk.dat 533kb, the ds's is 781kb, script.dat is 797kb, ds's is 882kb
I wasn't able to extract the data from the data.dat file but it would be awesome if it was in the same format
Maybe you should read a tutorial about Rom hacking first you should really like it after some time and you won't end up with black screens anymore
grog.gif

or you can tell me what you tried to do and I might help you as I am not planning to translate anything else but the menus.

Shyvnal

Trophies
XP
Country
I just tried replacing はい。 (Hai.) meaning yes, with yes. I just searched and replaced them all with a hex editor. I presumed it wouldn't work so there ya go

Shyvnal

Trophies
XP
Country
Tried and somewhat failed. The file size changes drastically, so i can only presume somethings wrong. I tried using windhex but it doesn't show the Japanese characters, even with "View text data as unicode"
Apologies if im being somewhat annoying

Shyvnal

Trophies
XP
Country
Well, it sorta worked. I managed to get ?? as ?yyee (in the end, i only changed the ?). Now for some trial and error, thanks a ton Noitora and to a lesser extent, valyr for the filename of the table
tongue.gif

Mac2492

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Shyvnal said:
Well, it sorta worked. I managed to get ?? as ?yyee (in the end, i only changed the ?). Now for some trial and error, thanks a ton Noitora and to a lesser extent, valyr for the filename of the table
tongue.gif

Just thank them both equally. It sounds better.
tongue.gif

porko

Trophies
XP
Country
awesome. thanks alot for this
wub.gif

i was trying to play the other night, when i exited to the main screen instead of ending my turn...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: