Hacking AK Team declare AK2.1 more stable

OzModChips

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
What is a bad batch? CycloDS had a bad batch, fixed the issue and now 1 in a couple of hundred fail. Thats a bad batch.
Acekard 2, for us, and im sure others, has had 3~4 bad shipments in a row.

We sent 75 dead ones back to them so they could fix the problem. 3 weeks later we email them to ask how its going, and if they found the fault and the answer was 'HUH?! you sent them back?'

They continue to sell well, and come back.
Here is the next batch we are about to send back, 195 of them.

My advice to gbatemp is to avoid them at all costs.
You get a faulty ak2 and it pisses you off, you get a second fauly 1 and it will destroy you.
The real pity is that the menu system on the Ak2 is my favorite - its so damn fast, and clean.
But its really not worth it, even if the damn thing was $5 including shipping for you guys. At the end of the day you want a card that will last the test of time, you dont want to to spend 2 months without a working product!

If enough people avoid their shitty hardware, they will finally get the message and fix the situation. You think after getting 1000s back they would stop production for a second and see the the hell is going on right?
-------------------

edit:
Ok, perhaps a bit dramatic.
They are listening and working on the issue, they are just not big on communication (different time zones, language barrier).
They do care, they do have the power to be the best of the 'cheaper' flash cards - the next few weeks will be interesting

S

ScuberSteve

Oh man, that's a pretty *sadface* moment right there.
I guess I'm just lucky with my AK2.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow

thats a lot
blink.gif

OzModChips

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
First 75 we sent back all said "processing do not turn off" when you clicked a game...and then does nothing

the 195 we have here...
90% are fat errors
the rest are

1. when you click a game it says "0011, 111000" etc with a black screen
2. the DS health screen will freeze when the ak2 is inside on bootup

CorruptJon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Holy... that is a lot of faulty cards lol. Hopefully the Acekard team will get their shit together and fix this for you guys...

jabjab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what percentage of the batches they came from is that so far?
retailers should suggest batch no. marking or soemthing for easy traceability and info for customers too.
You said 4 batches - but does that mean 4 factory batches or 4 deliveries of a massive batch?

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Jesus fucking christ! How the...

But I know that OzModChips is a pretty big shop. What's the percentage of the faulty cards? How many of them did you sell that didn't have any defect at all?

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Out of curiosity I have to wonder if it is a circuitry issue or possibly the form factor. I've had some instances of 'bad' carts that occurred because of an unnoticeable difference in the depth of the carts. So much so that you would think it wouldn't matter but strangely enough it did. I fixed it by padding the back of the cart with tape or a piece of a sticky note. I realize this is unacceptable to advise the customers to do since it shouldn't be their responsibility to fix it but some customers might rather do that than wait for a replacement if it works.

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
HOLY #$^@!! OH MY GOD!

WHY didn't this disaster surface BEFORE I bought my AK2.... jesus.

I am SO disgusted by the way they treat the faulty batches, thanks for informing, albeit it is too late for me.

EDIT: If they found the problem and "fixed" them WHY don't they tell us how??

Wabsta

you fight like a dairy farmer
Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
My AK2 (from the AK2 company itself in China) was supposed to arrive at my house, but when they came to deliver it, I wasn't at home
sleep.gif

So I can tell you guys by tomorrow...

OzModChips

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
what %? I dunno, over 10%

The first 3 batches where, fine...sold so many units without having 1 back...amazing!
Obviously they changed something.

Batches to us is separate shipments at different times....i don't know if it part of the same production run in their factory.

I'm not trying to kill Ak2 sales....i just dont think its a very good idea to be buying it at the moment. Especially since most of your guys are buying it from HK.....waiting for them to be swapped would be annoying.

We still have to get repalcments for these units, and we still do like the card (software, not hardware!) so we can't be total c^^ts.
We did that with a wii modchip, and they removed us as an official reseller...hehe

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure I understand the title of this thread. It doesn't sound like a lie to me.

Acekard did admit the problem and is apparently trying to fix it. Obviously they haven't been as successful as we'd like. If stores would send them back to Acekard for a refund as you did after discovering the high rate of returns rather than continuing to sell them, it might help light a fire under their feet. Also, if you posted to their site (along with other larger stores) it might help.

I assume when you sent them back they issued you a refund? If so, they must know that you sent them back.

-Bri

NeSchn

Swag.
Trophies
Website
neschncardreviews.tk
XP
Country
United States
Wow, thats poop. I am glad I got my AceKard 2 when it first came out it worked fine that the GUI was amazing it was the best part of the card no doubt. Sorry for the people who have been screwed over by the AceKard team for not fixing the card.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
My impression is that they may very well have tried to fix the problem but failed. I don't see any advantage to them sending out units that they know are faulty unless a significant number of faulty units are never returned.

Otherwise, it's likely costing them a lot of money, particularly if stores like you are returning whole batches of them. Hopefully with enough pressure, they'll continue to work on the problem and will succeed in fixing it.

Unfortunately, the problem seems to occur over time, so I imagine it's difficult to test a new batch to see if it's going to fail or not. I suppose they could stop production entirely until they're 100% certain, but that would certainly cost them a lot of money, and I don't think we want to see Acekard go out of business entirely.

-Bri

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse