OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Here is an official announcement by Team R4 at their official chinese forum

QUOTE said:
R4 ?? ??????

????????R4????????????R4????????R4????9?15?????????????????????????????????????????????DS?????????????R4????????????????????????????R4?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????R4???????????

Translate by google:

In order to protect the original R4 majority of the basic interests of users, now R4 against the proliferation of counterfeit cards, R4 group will be on September 15 after the program on the fake cards blocked. As a number of technology is not yet mature reasons, if the use of counterfeit cards in this program, the DS machines could lead to serious consequences, such as floor tiles changed, and the original R4 does not exist the problem. Members of this audience in order to protect their own interests, R4 card before buying be sure to clearly identify the authenticity of cassette (Recognition Xianhou text), if the use of counterfeit cards lead to damage to host, card users to identify the goods Unscrupulous merchants responsible for the sale, R4 group this liability.

Important point:

1. After 15 September, Team R4 will do something for the fake card, original program(firmware) with Fake R4 may damage your DS machine (brick), original R4 will have no problem with this program.
2. Make sure you have buy a original R4 (see photo below), if you brick your DS with fake R4, please go ask the selling shop and Team R4 will not admitted this liability.

Here is the photo from official Team R4

Fake at left, original at right, look at the blue and red circle for different

20080703_83b9a620a7c716cc7838bTbr8u0uulYq.jpg

original at left, fake at right,

20080703_f5facd52a6c63f5150bbMU7Xz85RDpvj.jpg

original at left, fake at right, last original production code is 0817#

20080703_e670b41175596b6d8f8fwKL5XwrJ2ofO.jpg

Fake at left, two original at right. original have step whick we can identify at red circle

20080703_1302dae8cbf47559239dtcHbYTv8YyxA.jpg

ahtin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Important point:

1. After 15 September, Team R4 will do something for the fake card, original program(firmware) with Fake R4 may damage your DS machine (brick), original R4 will have no problem with this program.
2. Make sure you have buy a original R4 (see photo below), if you brick your DS with fake R4, please go ask the selling shop and Team R4 will not admitted this liability.

Official forum Link: http://www.hacken.cc/bbs/viewthread.php?tid=295413

Link to discussion topic: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=93536

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I do not believe that, but better safe than sorry. And I do not have an R4 anymore (and the one I had was from an age before there were clones) anyway.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
AndreXL said:
At least this means a firmware update is coming.
yaynds.gif

True! Hopefully it'll be more than just for borking fake cards. I don't like the sound of my flashcart changing my floor tiles mind.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't think they are threatening to brick people's DSs, I think they are just saying that R4 clones can brick your DS (this is already known to be true), and that future R4 updates won't work on these clones.

As for flashme, it won't mend a blown fuse, will it?

Samnitmar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I guess they haven't given up on the R4. The screenshots lead me to belive I have a fake one though >.< I'll have to do some looking into it...

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
LONG LIVE THE R4!!!

whoever thought they were dead?!?!?

huge update

gaboumafou

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Isn't it... dangerous?! I'm pretty sure there are risks of bricking DSs with original R4 too if there's a bug or anything... o__O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night