Hardware Does the Wii support SDHC cards?

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
NOTE: By SDHC, I mean MICRO SDHC, like the ones that are 4Gb or 8Gb and are used in some DS flashcarts.

I was just wondering because since I'm gonna chip my Wii soon, I'm gonna need a lot more storage... and I noticed that (at least with Micro SD cards) when you buy a card, it comes with an "adapter" that transforms it into a SD card... So I'm thinking SDHC come with those adapter things too? Do they work on the Wii? Thanks!

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
So ONLY cards called "SD Cards" work, right? Also, how big of a memory card should I buy? As far as I know, the Memory Card only holds save files, and then whatever I download (homebrew, VC games, WiiWare I suppose?)

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Hmm...well that kind of sucks. :\ The biggest SD card that I can find is 2Gb... I think anything 4gb and over is considered SDHC. It's basically the same as MicroSD cards... 1 & 2 Gb cards are MicroSD, 4Gb and up are MicroSDHC...

Volkov

Trophies
XP
Country
I dont think it's easy as that...
tongue.gif

I'd rather USB2.0 than SDHC anyways
tongue.gif

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the wii supports sdhc using the homebrew cannel from beta 9 and up.but im'looking for a new 8GB or 16GB because my 8GB is a class 4 and class 4 and 6 i here don't work with the homebrew channel.i think my 8GB is class 4 because i see a number 4 on it.my sd card is a micro sd card if you want to know.

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
At the time of this post, the Wii (up to, and including System Menu 3.4) can only read SD cards up to 2GB.

The Homebrew Channel, and SOME apps can read SDHC/HCSD (I've seen it both ways) cards up to, and including 16Gig.

Q. Can I use the HC card just to load the twilight hack?
A. NO! The Wii by it self cannot read HC cards. No matter how many times you ask, NO!

Q. I heard that Bob down the street can get his Wii to see a 4gig SD card, and he doesn't have any homebrew, can I use it too?
A. Bob's a fucking liar, and I'm going to kick his ass for it. He's not using a 4gig SD card without homebrew.

davedeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
normaly sdhc wont work on the wii, but in the most newer homebrews you can use your sdhc cards. e.g. to run hbc with emulations and game son the card etc.

kevenka

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I am a bit new to the wii homebrew seen but from what I've read, even though the wii can't read micro SDHC, the homebrew channel allows us to bypass such limitations?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: b