Anbernic reveals specs details of pocket-sized RG28XX retro handheld

anbernic rg28xx.jpg

Anbernic is back with yet another retro handheld device. The upcoming RG28XX is another console sporting the quad-core H700 chip of the company's recent RG35XX 2024 Edition, but bears a compact, pocketable form factor.

While the device is not available for sale yet, Anbernic has provided the specs of the RG28XX:

rg28xx specs.jpg

Ahead of its sale to the public, the company has also shared an unboxing video which also includes some of the device's emulation performance:

UPDATE:

Sales for the Anbernic RG28XX is now live on the official Anbernic store. For the first 48 hours, the handheld will retail for $43.99 USD and after that, the price of the device will be at $47.99 USD.

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

Last edited by Prans,

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The problem is there aren't too many devices 4:3 devices between 4 to 5 inches. Shouldn't manufacturers already understand that those who are into retro gaming now are in their late 30s or early 40s now? Haha
Exactly. The RG405M was the first in fact and caught my attention for this sole reason: The 4" 4:3 screen. And I really like it. Still rather use my hacked OLED Switch for retro gaming at home due to the even bigger screen.

DadinthePacific

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Exactly. The RG405M was the first in fact and caught my attention for this sole reason: The 4" 4:3 screen. And I really like it. Still rather use my hacked OLED Switch for retro gaming at home due to the even bigger screen.
On the other hand, the popularity of the RG28XX shows that retrogaming is quite a thing for the younger folks out there. Not complaining on that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, Any idea what happened? I hope that your brother's doing good.