Hacking Homebrew Animal Crossing New Leaf (ACNL) help: data corrupt??

AndeRei

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the most recent .sav file (attached to this post) from my unmodded o3DS XL from before my microSD card had succumbed to hardware failure about 6 years ago. Now that Pretendo has come into public beta, I decided to homebrew my o3DS XL in hopes that I could actually recover the save file and play it online (when they get around to building support for it).

If it helps at all:
  • I have not done a system format
  • I still have the original (though corrupt) microSD card
  • My copy of ACNL is the original digital release that has received the Welcome Amiibo update, and is not the re-released ACNL:WA game

Things I have tried:
  • Pasting a copy of the original 00000001.sav file back into the "title/00000000/00086300/data" folder and attempting to run the game
  • Doing the same thing, but using FBI to delete the secure value before running the game
  • Importing a copy the original 00000001.sav with Checkpoint and JKSM
  • Using ninfs with my moveable.sed and boot9.bin to decrypt a copy of the save and then retrying the above sequences
  • Download Save3DS, but the program doesn't even open on my computer
  • Run a copy of the original 00000001.sav through some converters online to turn them into .dat files (one specifically for Pokémon, one for VC games) to try opening it up through the online ACNL save editor which requires a garden.dat/garden_plus.dat
  • Trying the above steps on my homebrewed n2DS XL
  • Uninstalled and reinstalled the game through the 3DS's data manager
  • Uninstalled and reinstalled the game with its ticket through FBI
  • Attempted the prior sequences with and without the Welcome Amiibo update patch

Any help would be greatly, greatly appreciated.. Even just knowing if I'm completely boned from experienced users would give me solace in knowing that there was never a chance to get it back in the first place. If it isn't possible to recover the whole save file, I hope it's at least possible to recover information like my Dream Address, villagers, and so on; that way I could at least use the aforementioned save editor to earnestly try to recreate my town.

Attachments

• 00000001.zip
    30.1 KB · Views: 2
Last edited by AndeRei,

AndeRei

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depends on how much corrupted it is, but probably I can recover something.
Post automatically merged:

Quick question: your game version is 1.5 right? Because it's giving me a strange error...
It was the original ACNL game that updated to version 1.5, yeah, but I don't remember if the save error started before or after the update. Is it possible that the update itself may have corrupted the save?

LNLenost

The Console Bricker
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It was the original ACNL game that updated to version 1.5, yeah, but I don't remember if the save error started before or after the update. Is it possible that the update itself may have corrupted the save?
I dont think so
Post automatically merged:

Extremely stupid question: do you have any backups?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Could always get a poor condition slim and shell swap it slims are easier to swap out
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    with money left to spare
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or maybe an Anbernic device that can emulate psp
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Psps still going for $100 on ebay lol
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i'll consider it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    if only i can backport the game meself
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pretty sure the new flip one can do psp if you don't mind the sp design
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    resistance still has jerky gameplay on emu
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    1gb of ram probably won't help
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    guess i'll stick to playing helldivers 2 for awhile
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Do people still hate that game or did they fix it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    fix? there were fixes?
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i never heard or notice any fix
  • NO111ONE @ NO111ONE:
    @Xdqwerty crashd was the exploit for LG TVs to root practically any.
    I got word of it this january and rooted my TV. Was pretty impressed.
    Since then LG patched the command to root and then the developer mode app itself from making vulnerabilities.

And then I found out that having a rooted TV lets you use PPPwn to jailbreak a PS4 on firmware 11. Finally uses for my rooted LG (I hate the playstation as such the use is gone)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @NO111ONE, Did you have a arch64 base?
  • NO111ONE @ NO111ONE:
    Honestly didn't care to even poke. The board is W18H
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a 2023 Model turned off update in the homebrew channel maybe if I restore it and run the script again but it might auto update during the process
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    play it safe, keep it off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Script keeps getting stuck at Heap grooming now
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    nowadays i just keep my jailbroken ps4 for some exclusives i don't play on pc
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The youtube adblocker looks nice in the homebrew channel but I pay for premium for like $4 a month under vpn lol
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i dont even YT much, Net flix is just another bother
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    YT music apps pointless tbh
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    playing old music mostly while browsing/going through comics at archive.org
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: playing old music mostly while browsing/going through comics at archive.org