Any way to use XBOX one V2 controller on a PS3 Slim (HFW)?

IluaLinerin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I got myself this ps3 between january and february, it came with the official sixaxis controller (no dualshock), but the joysticks and analog triggers are RIP, looking for replacement options, i already have the metioned controller (XBOX One V2), along with a 8bitdo SN30 Pro, and i would like to know if there is any way to use any of them with my console (Slim 3004A or B if i remember correctly, so HFW, no CFW, i've seen some mod/plugin called "ps3xpad", but it seems outdated and with the lack of info around it makes me think it's CFW only) without having to get adapters, or even having to consider getting a new controller specifically for the PS3, it's necessary for me to have analog triggers for Armored Core, i've already tried playing with PS2 controllers using a USB adapter but even if im comfortable playing most games, Armored Core games use the analog triggers for the flying/jumping movement and boosting and it doesn't seem to work with PS2 controller's making the game's unplayable.
If there is no other way i will have to consider investing some cash on some dualshock PS3 controllers.

Reactions: Donnie-Burger

Donnie-Burger

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I got myself this ps3 between january and february, it came with the official sixaxis controller (no dualshock), but the joysticks and analog triggers are RIP, looking for replacement options, i already have the metioned controller (XBOX One V2), along with a 8bitdo SN30 Pro, and i would like to know if there is any way to use any of them with my console (Slim 3004A or B if i remember correctly, so HFW, no CFW, i've seen some mod/plugin called "ps3xpad", but it seems outdated and with the lack of info around it makes me think it's CFW only) without having to get adapters, or even having to consider getting a new controller specifically for the PS3, it's necessary for me to have analog triggers for Armored Core, i've already tried playing with PS2 controllers using a USB adapter but even if im comfortable playing most games, Armored Core games use the analog triggers for the flying/jumping movement and boosting and it doesn't seem to work with PS2 controller's making the game's unplayable.
If there is no other way i will have to consider investing some cash on some dualshock PS3 controllers.
https://www.amazon.com/s?k=brook+wingman&crid=1OIRP6C0FKJ9Y&sprefix=brook+wingman,aps,120&ref=nb_sb_noss_1

I have the Brook Wingman XB and worked as design with no input lag. Some later xbox controllers that are updated loose bluetooth wirless with some adapters.

IluaLinerin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Welp, i will have to save for a cronus then, didn't want to spend money, that's why i was looking into mods/plugins i could use with HFW, but if hardware is better then so be it, if i can't find some used cronus that i can afford my only option will be an official dualshock 3 controller, thanks for the help!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    That Dell data breach is worse than people probably realize....
    When I worked for Dell we had access to data about military contracts and addresses for high ranking people.
    I personally handled a call from the second highest person at Raytheon. That call bothered me a lot... The guy was nice and smart what bothered me was the way management basically just blew him off instead of going the extra mile to help him.
    In the end that call ended up costing Dell millions in lost contracts with Raytheon, and really the issue could have been solved for like 450 bucks lol
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    sometimes I wonder why anyone would ever buy mega man x legacy collection 2
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I always thought that capcom shuffled the games in these collection, but apparently they are all in chronological order, which makes legacy collection 2 worthless
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i want to start singing pirate metal songs and sea shanties if i play sea of thieves
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    find a pirate metal playlist
    +2
    and sing along
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    nevermind i just learned swearing is against the rules in sea of thieves

i was about to start singing the song i last put in "what song are you currently listening to" yesterday
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but yeah ig so
    swearing not allowed in a pirate game? what has the world come to
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (here's the song for context)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just add -izle to the end of every curse word, you will be fine.
    +2
    i like alestorm
    +1
    @BigOnYa too many syllables
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    same lmao
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    hi, welcome to the Temp!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Welcome to the Underground!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    the booty boogie from (once again) the donkey kong country cartoon could also be a good song to sing while playing sea of thieves
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Please insert 25 cents for an additional 30 minutes of talk time.
    +2
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tG7fk_DUz5g +1