Hacking Atmosphere-NX - Custom Firmware in development by SciresM

josete2k

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Do you guys have any idea why i can boot Atmosphere on emunand via fusee.bin but not via hekate?

Since I updated firmware to 17.0.1 and atmosphere to 1.6.2 (hekate 6.0.7), I get the infamous Error 2162-0002 (0x4a2) on either program 0100000000001000 or 010000000000100C (seems to be random) . I already knew these kind of programs referred to custom themes being installed and incompatible with the new release, although i've never been interested in themes and i don't have those folders in atmosphere/contents.

So far I've tried to clean up my atmosphere/contents folder and updating all tesla overlays but to no avail. I also removed tesla menu and the .overlays contents completely, but still getting a crash when loading Atmosphere.

I can boot into atmosphere only by loading fusee.bin from the hekate menu, and everything works as expected (even tesla and all overlays).

The moment I try to reboot and launch the emummc via hekate, I get the same error again and I have to reboot and load fusee.bin to boot into atmosphere.

The hekate_ipl.ini settings I'm trying to load (which worked on earlier atmosphere versions) is this:

Code:
[Atmosphere (emuMMC)]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk
emummcforce=1
cal0blank=1
atmosphere=1
logopath=bootloader/res/bootlogo-emunand-f.bmp
icon=bootloader/res/icon_payload.bmp

Do you have any idea what might be wrong with the way I'm loading atmosphere via hekate?
Remove these lines

emummcforce=1
cal0blank=1
atmosphere=1

Reactions: Montblanc

Montblanc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Remove these lines

emummcforce=1
cal0blank=1
atmosphere=1

Thanks! I understand you want me to remove emummcforce and atmosphere as they might be outdated (I guess), but will it still boot atmosphere from the emunand? I want to keep my sysnand as clean as possible, so I want to avoid accidentally booting cfw on sysnand.

Also, I used cal0blank=1 to hide my serial number, and I still plan on doing that. Is there a more recent way to hide it?

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Thanks! I understand you want me to remove emummcforce and atmosphere as they might be outdated (I guess), but will it still boot atmosphere from the emunand? I want to keep my sysnand as clean as possible, so I want to avoid accidentally booting cfw on sysnand.

Also, I used cal0blank=1 to hide my serial number, and I still plan on doing that. Is there a more recent way to hide it?
if you like to have your serial blank (which really don't do anything today) you need to have your console completely offline of at least Atmosphère's DNSMiTM enabled.

Montblanc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
if you like to have your serial blank (which really don't do anything today) you need to have your console completely offline of at least Atmosphère's DNSMiTM enabled.
Yeah, it is offline but I also have 90dns hosts loaded by exosphere when i turn wifi on for homebrews. This is just extra paranoid stuff, but I would like to keep it that way, unless the cal0blank is the only reason why it's crashing when booting via hekate.

Also, I never used DNSMiTM or any mitm overlays.

Last edited by Montblanc,

Montblanc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
it's not, your crash isnt a nim crash
So is it correct to delete these lines only:

emummcforce=1
atmosphere=1

from

Code:
[Atmosphere (emuMMC)]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk
emummcforce=1
cal0blank=1
atmosphere=1
logopath=bootloader/res/bootlogo-emunand-f.bmp
icon=bootloader/res/icon_payload.bmp

to be able to boot my emunand from hekate with no errors?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1