Gaming Cyberpunk 2077

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having a blast with this game. I've seen glitch compilations and the issues other players are having, and sometimes I wonder if we're playing a completely different game. I've had a few minor glitches, like common weapons or resources not being lootable despite having the icon above it; a reload will fix this issue. I've hit a few t-poses, but even then, I can probably count the amount of bugs and issues I've run into on both hands. I don't have a super powerful rig - a 2060Super, i5 9600k and 16Gb RAM, but it runs smoothly with a mix of ultra/high settings and RTX on at 1080p. I stream using Moonlight to my 4k TV downstairs for convenience sometimes, but I usually play at my desk after work.

My biggest complaint with the game, and it's a personal choice, is the lack of more third person interactions. I love the customization aspect, and not being able to see my V more often is kind of odd, given how much emphasis is put on style. Apart from that, I can honestly say that it's one of the most fun I've had with a game in 2020, with the huge exception being Supergiant's Hades.

Edit
To clarify, I stream at the 1080p settings. It clearly isn't in 4k, and the game doesn't look it's best when I'm streaming by leaps and bounds, but I'm used to the quality pumped out by the Switch on my TV so it doesn't really bother me.

Last edited by Windaga, , Reason: Clarification

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Also - this game has Turbo Dracula. Not sure what it is, but its important that its there.. ;)
PB9FfIz.jpg

Here are some testshots on Nvidia Geforce Now (streaming), Free tier:
qnin7PD.png

nRLJjLR.jpg

ufilX7H.jpg

(From here on down its native PC shots again.)

I'm not even supposed to be here today:
rlMPksJ.jpg

Not even supposed to be here today:
RWbbTEq.jpg

I said, I'm not even supposed to be here today:
0aRs7Js.jpg

Something about those curves...:
Y0xzLuJ.jpg

.. but I drive a better car now:
3v8i1h7.jpg

The citys detail level is crazy:
brU5iNm.jpg

KR2UQWc.jpg

P1KpcmC.jpg

Video:

Aaand cat:
tcbCwe3.jpg

All shots are without raytracing. :)

Last edited by notimp,

Purple_Heart

GBATemp´s weirdest Individual
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Also - this game has Turbo Dracula. Not sure what it is, but its important that its there.. ;)
PB9FfIz.jpg

Here are some testshots on Nvidia Geforce Now (streaming), Free tier:
qnin7PD.png

nRLJjLR.jpg

ufilX7H.jpg

(From here on down its native PC shots again.)

I'm not even supposed to be here today:
rlMPksJ.jpg

Not even supposed to be here today:
RWbbTEq.jpg

I said, I'm not even supposed to be here today:
0aRs7Js.jpg

Something about those curves...:
Y0xzLuJ.jpg

.. but I drive a better car now:
3v8i1h7.jpg

The citys detail level is crazy:
brU5iNm.jpg

KR2UQWc.jpg

P1KpcmC.jpg

Video:

Aaand cat:
tcbCwe3.jpg

All shots are without raytracing. :)

i see German :D

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

how did you took screenshots?

Reactions: notimp

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
how did you took screenshots?
I havent disabled the WIndows 10 Xbox Game bar (might be called slightly differently) overlay, so whenever I press the Xbox guide button on the Xbox One controller that I have connected to my PC, I get an overlay that allows me to take a screenshot or capture video. Thats what I used. :)

The downside is that I cant use it while in a zoomed in view state (LT pressed), because LT also cycles menu boxes in the overlay).

The Nvidia Gforce Now screenshots where taken using LT pressed and zoomlevel 3 (not sure if you need the Kiroshi Optics (cyberware implant (legendary) for that (all 3 zoom levels), but I have that installed in game (bought from Victor) - using the built in screenshot tools on a Macbook. The self portrait is simply captured from the mirror in Vs apartment at zoomlevel 3.

Ingame settings are Ultra (with motion blur low but not off, and volumetric clouds medium (the rest default ultra)). I did not use the games built in picture mode, all of those are just ingame screengrabs.

edit: For the video - i just jumped on one of the trucks with a low platform on the back (the ones not hauling a hanger/trailer), and got lucky, that the car AI drove me in cycles four times in a row.. ;) While on the back of one of those, your viewpoint seems to autorotate, so I didnt even touch the controller in that video.

Last edited by notimp,

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Started to get back into the story missions witch patch 1.11 - after doing 100+ sidemissions (all pretty much boilerplate copy and paste stuff, no branching, almost always single purpose fetch questy stuff - this is before you get into branching into the three mainquest strings, which also unlock a line of sidequests - that are more flashed out - but the ones you can get in the open world are not - sometimes you get interesting locations - environmental storytelling still holds strong - there is decent writing in the questlogs - but most of the side missions are - clutter - anywho - so I got back into the story missions...) and finished the one where Judy looks for "a friend". Played it stealthily - as per design, then got into the story beats, and holy mackerel, mother of mog - the atmosphere got so dense - you were able to feel it physically - I mean -- it felt like you were there. Best atmospheric suspension of disbelief ever, in a videogame. The game just kept stacking atmospheres, player was given access to everything (free movement, 3x level zoom, leaning into a scene, just the right words, touch, closeness, tone, stakes that stacked emotionally), but couldnt reach certain characters in game, while sitting next to them - because of a thing that happened plotwise (plot device). Push/Pull between total 'Free gameplay', total immersion, incredible sound design, several degrees of freedom, perfect dialog writing, best person on the job to help you and you not being able to overcome certain obstacles in the world logic. And then you leave Judys apartment - and it rains. And the entire world is muted.

And then you go to your own apartment, and look out of the window, and it still rains, no pours - for the first time in game. And the entire world feels muted.

Wow. Just... when the game kicks, it slams.

Last edited by notimp,

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
A few more impressions from patch 1.3:

Mexican standoff
FxM3kwb.jpeg

Gadse
8STZexm.jpeg

She sleepy now
sGWfgsf.jpeg

Lookihowcute
XLqt9he.jpeg

The Angela Merkel of Cyberpunk
feNc9lE.jpeg

Cityscapes
KzwLfqc.jpeg

ieAS45e.jpeg

The real Cyberpunk starts here
uD81Xp3.jpeg

Painting with light
x9t07d4.png

... and shadows
ghQ5Sd8.png

Evening glow
rTIzkZS.jpeg

Poser
9qhcAYw.jpeg

We've arrived
SM2fSEZ.jpeg

Me and me Quadra
DBUk1G1.jpeg

7pWP2DX.jpeg

Long shadows
Im0jPlp.jpeg

ll1YWmi.jpeg

It glows
lTvnEX4.png

V3fnjTd.jpeg

xs1iebV.jpeg

Reactions: Alexander1970

TomRiddle

Yare Yare Daze
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'll think about playing Cyberpunk 2077 once all the bugs and glitches are completely fixed.

Until then i'm not going to support that unfinished and unoptimized game

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • DragonMals
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    DragonMals tempBOT: DragonMals has joined the room.